The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Carolina @ Toronto 4/2 7:30pm

20 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I wanna rag on Ferland for being rather lifeless in the lineup, but I also feel like the chances are good his shoulder's still bothering him and don't need to eat the injury crow twice in one season (Hamilton)

I'll say the same thing here about Ferland that i said about Hamilton - if he's injured to the point where he isn't able to play his game, then what's the benefit of playing him rather than allowing him to heal fully?  We've cooled down nicely as a team over the past few games, with him being one of the coldest.  Throw Maenalanen in his place for a night or two and let him heal for the playoffs.  His injured shoulder isn't what's keeping us above the cut line.

7 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I'll say the same thing here about Ferland that i said about Hamilton - if he's injured to the point where he isn't able to play his game, then what's the benefit of playing him rather than allowing him to heal fully?  We've cooled down nicely as a team over the past few games, with him being one of the coldest.  Throw Maenalanen in his place for a night or two and let him heal for the playoffs.  His injured shoulder isn't what's keeping us above the cut line.

I've wondered the same. I've also wondered what Aho would look like if he had sat for the Washington series. A gutsy call but he looks so slow right now. Stuff to look at in hindsight, Roddy's been making most of the right calls so in Rod we trust. 

57 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I've wondered the same. I've also wondered what Aho would look like if he had sat for the Washington series. A gutsy call but he looks so slow right now. Stuff to look at in hindsight, Roddy's been making most of the right calls so in Rod we trust. 

Had Ferland been sat for a couple (or even 3 or 4) games if/when his shoulder was re-aggravated, perhaps he could have healed enough to play near 100%, making sitting Aho for a couple games even more of a possibility.  I'm going to go on a limb and say the team didn't miss a single step while Staal was out - with him back, why couldn't first Ferland and then Aho rest a few games to heal from their less-devastating injuries?  Obviously Brenda knows more than me which is why he's being paid the bug bucks and i'm sitting on the couch, but they aren't exactly lighting up the league the past few games with them on the ice.  They talk like they have so much depth, why not use it when someone's clearly off with a couple of their players?

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

Perhaps Ferland will get it going on the second line. It looks like Svech has moved back down to the 3rd line. I'd still like to see the Fat line back for a few shifts to see if Feeland could get it back. Nino will be just as solid on the second line.

Also have seen that Babcock said somewhere that some of the team "out with illness"? Wonder if that's just code for resting?

Leafs fans almost want to lose just to screw over the habs...  I am seeing that a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

Obviously Brenda knows more than me which is why he's being paid the bug bucks and i'm sitting on the couch,

Brenda?

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Autocorrect 

This, but not mine,  It got someone else a while back and i thought it was funny so i use it when the mood strikes.

this team worked to hard to miss the playoff the Carolina hurricanes will make the PLAY-OFF  I can feel it 

10 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Gotta win this, plain and simple.  It will be a dogfight.

Only cause the Habs and BJ's are playing very tough teams tonight and theres a great chance one or both lose. Up 3 on the Habs with 2 left equals all but over for them.