The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Devils @ Hurricanes 4/4 7pm

1 hour ago, cc said:

And how long has that been? There’s a huge reason we been out of the playoffs for a fricken decade. It needs to end now!!!

Sorry, your comment just does not compute? There's absolutely zero relationship between this move with Svech, which I'm presuming you are enraged over, and the team we had back when the playoff drought began. Just enjoy the moment.

3 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

Why Svech is on the 3rd line again?

I like Svech on the 3rd line,  ha can score from there and Ferland cant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bambamcanefan said:

See y'all tonight from the bottom of 130, let's blow the roof off the place!

I'll be touching the ice in 122.

3 hours ago, remkin said:

I have mixed feelings about Svech on the third line. It does make it harder for him to score, but lately he's been playing so well that he does create chances from there, and Ferland simply does not, but does on the higher line. We have three somewhat dangerous lines with Svech on the third.

I hate to be the broken record, but i wonder what Svech could accomplish on the 3rd line with Skinner.  Yowsa...

Anyway, as much as i'd love to clinch tonight, i'd be even happier to see the Habs & BJs win out and the Pens lose out and miss the playoffs.  Either way, guys, just score more than the Devils tonight.  That's all that matters...

Edited by realmdrakkar
typo

43 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

10 years ago today was the last time we clinched a spot in the playoffs.

Just Win!

Dominate and Terminate.

55 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

You will be right across from me.  Will look for you and try to get you up on the big board.

3 hours ago, cc said:

301 Here. The horn will be blowing from the upper deck.

304, Row C Here, but I may upgrade for the final regular season home game!

Edited by hopper915

2 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Sorry, your comment just does not compute? There's absolutely zero relationship between this move with Svech, which I'm presuming you are enraged over, and the team we had back when the playoff drought began. Just enjoy the moment.

Umm certainly not “enraged”. I was simply attempting to say that having 3 competitive lines is a requirement for playoff success. 

Need to win this tonight! This will be the Devils playoff game and I really don't want to wait and see about the playoffs against a ****** off Flyers team after putting an official end to their playoffs. We make it tonight my butt is on the phone first thing in the morning to buy 1st round tickets!

LETS GO CANES!!!

I'm gonna say it's been about 10 years since I felt a Carolina spring roll in like the last two days. Rolled in this afternoon listening to a little influence from an old NC touch of class JT. "Well I'm a steamroller BABY.Dun da dunt. I'm bound to roll all over you".........GITTER DONE BOYS.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Put the FAT line back together, with

Willy-Staal-Svech 

Foegele-Wallmark-Nino

McGinn-McKegg-Marty

Nino has certainly earned top 6 playing time, so I wouldn't want to see him bumped down to the third. Even in our recent losses, Nino frequently looked like the best forward on our top line, at least to me.

Ferland was a huge part of our succes earlier in the season, and we wouldn't be here without him, no doubt about it, but he's been played out of the top 6, imo. Svech is the only winger I'd be okay with dropping down to the third line in order to give Ferland a last opportunity to impress, but make no mistake, Svech is going to be a staple top 6 winger for us, even as early as next season.

As much as I liked him and wanted to keep Ferland around, he's expendable now. And, sorry, but this ain't the time to be shuffling the lines around much, just for the sake of Ferland. If he wants to stick with the club next season, than he'd better get used to seeing ample third line minutes.

• Like 2

With two games left in the season, how crazy is it that we could possibly finish as high as 2nd in the Metro, or at the 9th seed just outside the playoffs?

As Borat would say, this division is tight like a man's ... *ahem* *cough*

I dunno guys...I think Price is gonna Price tonight and the Habs go in and beat the Craps.  Which means we're praying for the Rags to beat the BJ's tomorrow...

33 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I dunno guys...I think Price is gonna Price tonight and the Habs go in and beat the Craps.  Which means we're praying for the Rags to beat the BJ's tomorrow...

Boo. Like the reverse psychology though

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

What seats are you in?  I am holding the camera on the glass attthe bottom of 130. 

45 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Not me.  I'm still hoping to the Canes, Habs, and BJs to win out and push the bloody Penguins out of the mix.

• Like 3