The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

What did you bring for mojo?

A little warm in my black canes hoodie today, but the magic continues. Brian Boru Irish Ale is making a strong statement.

• Like 1

In 06 we had BBQ smoked links from the Q-Shack every game day. I was in NY for game 6 and it was nearly impossible to find BBQ let alone hot links. We all know the result.

Despite making it home with barely any time before game 7, I made us detour to pick up the links. The rest is history.

• Like 1

My mojo is $$$.  I paid for rounds 1 & 2 upfront.  It worked.

Just paid for rounds 3 & 4.  Thanks Visa!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wxray1 said:

My mojo is $$$.  I paid for rounds 1 & 2 upfront.  It worked.

Just paid for rounds 3 & 4.  Thanks Visa!

I remember back in 2006, the ticket rep's "claiming" the NHL controlled ticket prices for the 3rd and 4th round of playoffs for the huge increase in tix prices.. But based on the much lower Price for the 2019 Strips vs. 2006( mine are 40% below 2006 price)- Do not think that was true and more about PK cashing in

On 5/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, caneswincup said:

In 06 we had BBQ smoked links from the Q-Shack every game day. I was in NY for game 6 and it was nearly impossible to find BBQ let alone hot links. We all know the result.

Despite making it home with barely any time before game 7, I made us detour to pick up the links. The rest is history.

I'm surprised you couldn't find the hot links, but you're lucky you didn't find BBQ it's mostly gross and aggravating up north. If it is good, it's good in it's own little way but still not what you were looking for.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, canes2017 said:

I remember back in 2006, the ticket rep's "claiming" the NHL controlled ticket prices for the 3rd and 4th round of playoffs for the huge increase in tix prices.. But based on the much lower Price for the 2019 Strips vs. 2006( mine are 40% below 2006 price)- Do not think that was true and more about PK cashing in

Yeah, or the way I remember it is something about the NHL requiring a certain "cut" for all playoff games, and only 3 & 4 prices were enough to get cash back after the cut.

There definitely is an NHL element to it.  Different this time is the national advertising in all the arenas.  Perhaps that is the new NHL cut.  I don't know, because I don't work in their business, and it is basically a private company so they do what they do.