The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Canes at Flyers: Last Game, PrePlay-off Positioning Game, 7PM

Just now, coastal_caniac said:

No, just mostly all kinds of records were set in the regular season.  It's really cool.

I concur and his +35 kinda shows his buy in to the structure that I don't think he faltered at any time. I think some others faith faltered but he knew what he was capable of while others were still figuring it out.

What were the preseason odds of the Carolina Hurricanes reaching the 99 point plateau? Roughly equivalent to winning Powerball?

🤑

1 minute ago, RickD_99 said:

What were the preseason odds of the Carolina Hurricanes reaching the 99 point plateau? Roughly equivalent to winning Powerball?

🤑

0.5 I think at the absolute worst, those odds really proved to be hypocritical of themselves. Somewhat made it hard to believe them as we got close.

8 hours ago, legend-1 said:

0.5 I think at the absolute worst, those odds really proved to be hypocritical of themselves. Somewhat made it hard to believe them as we got close.

I'm proud of this team.  They battled and battled and now we're relevant for the first time in ten years.  We've got our 2nd most points (99) in franchise history.  The unbelievable thing is those points were just enough to squeak in as WC 1.  I mean, in the western conference that would be enough to maybe win one of the divisions.  It's ridiculous how competitive the eastern conference is right now. 

I'm also glad that after clinching on Thursday we did not sit back this game.  Got a scare but two points is too points. Fortunately we won out the regular season schedule this month (3-0) in April because Columbus won their last two games after we jumped them in the standings so we still held onto the first WC.  My crystal ball almost ended up being right; I said we'd be 6-2-1 in our last 9 games for 100 points.  Well, we were 6-3 for 99 points.  I almost predicted the regular season ending.  Darn.

Now, we have a big test coming up.  The Defending Stanley Cup Champs.  Will we slay the ultimate dragon and move on or will Washington man handle us.  We got swept by them this season but the playoffs are a different story.  Hopefully we can win at least one of those games in DC out of the first two to bring the series even when we come home.  I know we can beat Washington we just have to prove it.  It seems every year we've gotten them at least twice in the regular season (this season being the exception).  If the Islanders, and Pens, and Columbus can beat them during the season we can too.  Columbus believe it or not took 3 out of 4 from Washington this season.

We played them well last game...and lost but it proves we can play with them.  If we play like that every game vs them we have a shot to come out on top.  Also, we need to stay out of the box.

To be the best you have to beat the best.  Analysts have been saying we'll be a tough opponent to play against...well...time to prove it.  It'd be nice to get off to a good start in our first playoff game in ten years and our first playoff series. 

Last time we went to the playoffs we lost in the ECF (we went deep).  Hopefully, we can go deep into the playoffs this time as well.

Go Hurricanes.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

10 hours ago, TsunamiCane said:

So just an interesting fact, without Darlings two wins this season we may not have made the playoffs depending if Montreal won tonight... Sorry I know its moot but I like stats!

Send him a cookie.

• Like 1

If we win 4 out of every 7 we'll have the cup.

We have been winning at a better pace than that for 3 months.

• Like 4

Our guys are going to have to play heavy, but be smart about it. I do think (hope) Wilson will be watched a lot more closely now that he's crossed the line into unmitigated dirty play. But with Niskreatant and Nosepik, the cheap shots can come anywhere on the ice. And then of course there's Alex the Embellisher. 

It's pretty clear that Roddy has split up TT and Aho to protect them both, but man I miss that chemistry. It's instantaneous, and you could see it last night, at one point, when we were in the midst of a change and TT nearly sprung SeaBass for a clean breakaway.

AM SO CHUFFED! 

LET'S GO HARD, CANES!

Edited by top-shelf-1

Stanley Cup discussion, SC GameDay and soon the contest can be found under its own special category Here

Just so fitting to win this game. They came out the way I expected, but then got the quick lead and let up, as others expected. Got both in one game. 

The Rags came so close to us starting with the Isles, but that's done now. 

Foegele is feeling it, and I think Svech is too. These are two rookies building their game throughout the season. It will be interesting to see what they can do in the playoffs.

Aho looks better than he had, but we are going to probably need him back up one notch offensively. 

Just so great that this team actually did it. They climbed a mountain that few have climbed and did it decisively. I was listening to Boomer on XM and they were talking about teams' points vs. predicted. The Canes were #5 in over achieving. But remember that includes the down time too. Oddly, the number one over achieving team: Tampa. They were picked to rock, but they still overachieved. 

I do think it's possible that Washington laid back some during the regular season and will be a tough playoff out for sure, but I'm still glad we don't see Tampa to start. 

What a phenomenal season.