The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
winger52

Don Cherry Charity

On 4/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, top-shelf-1 said:

Of course they're not going to surge in the Caps' barn, and they wouldn't do it at home with the series not finished.

So... who doesn't know what they're talking about, again? (And by the way, hang onto stuff, much?)

Won the series at home last night.. was "waiting" for that "surge".. nope didn't happen..guess maybe someone doesn't know what they are talking about.. just saying..

If When we win a series, believe me: The surge will be back.

6 hours ago, canes2017 said:

Won the series at home last night.. was "waiting" for that "surge".. nope didn't happen..guess maybe someone doesn't know what they are talking about.. just saying..

Hope you feel better about yourself, because at this point, I don't know what other reason you might have for hanging onto this. Unless you're maybe 12 or 13.

35 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Hope you feel better about yourself, because at this point, I don't know what other reason you might have for hanging onto this. Unless you're maybe 12 or 13.

👍

5C75C9CC-F9F0-4B7B-B12E-7F7FE2C2D38D.gif

I thought top-shelf had a chance with his prediction last night.  After the handshakes, the boys seemed to gather in a loose circle at the blue line and chat for a bit before they finally lined up and did the stick bows.  In the previous home playoff wins, they pretty much lined up and did the stick bows right away, so when they gathered for a bit longer yesterday it made me wonder for a sec if something more dramatic was in the works...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Just simply pointing out you have not as clue what you are talking about, not can you even admit you were wrong!

It's very funny how you dish it out- but don't like the same treatment back.

I find that is the behavior of most 12-13 year olds ironically..to not even admit when wrong. Cheers!

Keep up with the wrong predictions followed by the "beleive me".. cause not sure why anyone would.

9 hours ago, canes2017 said:

Just simply pointing out you have not as clue what you are talking about, not can you even admit you were wrong!

It's very funny how you dish it out- but don't like the same treatment back.

I find that is the behavior of most 12-13 year olds ironically..to not even admit when wrong. Cheers!

Keep up with the wrong predictions followed by the "beleive me".. cause not sure why anyone would.

Troll much? Oh wait, yes you do. The proof is all over this thread. 

I'm often wrong, and don't mind owning it in this case or any other. What I don't get is (1) who made you the "wrong" police, and (2) why I should give a *edit*.

Just because it is a Don Cherry thread doesn't mean we should sink to a Don Cherry level when discussing different points of view.  The surge was a player decision, it still is.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OBXer said:

He just doesn't get it.

He's so not a jerk!

Edited by LakeLivin

I'll consider for a moment listening to an elder wearing a Storm trooper jacket.  Times Up!

Storm troopers have no chance vs Storm Surge from the South.

Don is very good at what he does: Pulling whatever he can out of his patoot that might keep Canadians--none of whose teams have won the Cup for a quarter century (and counting!)--interested in what is (supposedly) "their" game after May 1.

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

He just doesn't get it.

I showed the Don Cherry video to Mrs. Storm and she says, "What an idiot!"

I say in shock, "You can't say that, he's a national institution!!!"

"In Canada," she finishes, adding "down here, he's an idiot!" :lol:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

He just doesn't get it.

Well now we have to win the Stanley Cup to rub Cherry’s nose in it. He’s just p****d because once again, Canada failed to get a team past the first round.

Canes social media keeps winning. 

D5w9RUvX4AIlrFe.png

Considering Cherry is really only known to die hard hockey fans or Canadians, it's also ironic he's dissing the "front runner" fans, none of whom even know he exists except that the bunch of jerks thing is fun and something to do with some guy in Canada. 

Thing is Cherry is also losing it in the court of public and media opinion. The more he keeps at it, the more he looks like Grandpa Simpson.

• Like 1

Oh poor Don Cherry. Canada doesn’t have a horse in the race AGAIN!  The surge was fun and players and fans bonded over it. Get over it! You spouted off about it and Canes embraced it and making money on it. The team chose to end it. Always leave em wanting more. Did he crap all over Vegas’s pre game extravaganzas cause it hadn’t been done before? 

7 hours ago, Manwolf said:

I'll consider for a moment listening to an elder wearing a Storm trooper jacket.  Times Up!

Storm troopers have no chance vs Storm Surge from the South.

..Or the Storm Squad!.. never forget them!

6 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

I showed the Don Cherry video to Mrs. Storm and she says, "What an idiot!"

I say in shock, "You can't say that, he's a national institution!!!"

"In Canada," she finishes, adding "down here, he's an idiot!" :lol:

Same reaction from Mrs. Shelf, although I think the word was "moron."

• Like 1

You know, beating Don's old team makes me want Boston even more. The U.S. was good enough for him to make his bones as "Coach"--and then get hell outta Dodge before the percentages caught up with him. And in his case, I have a feeling they'd have been particularly unkind. He was Torts before Torts was Torts--and he clearly knew it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I got though a little bit of this thread.

Who ended up being right, or wrong?

Childish stuff in these here times, IMO.

I’m always right!

25 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I got though a little bit of this thread.

Who ended up being right, or wrong?

Childish stuff in these here times, IMO.

Wait, what was the original question?  ;)

Canes marketing with another home run...er, hat trick.  They modified the Bunch of Jerks t-shirt to say “Bunch of Front Running Jerks”!  Available soon at The Eye. 😂😂😂

50 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

Canes marketing with another home run...er, hat trick.  They modified the Bunch of Jerks t-shirt to say “Bunch of Front Running Jerks”!  Available soon at The Eye. 😂😂😂

I think its a little lazy and they could have made a new shirt.  

Im not sure why they haven’t made a fish shirt. Between Seabass and the Cherry’s fish reference the idea seems too easy.

• Like 1