The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

2019 Playoffs

Tailgate.. tailgate.. tailgate..

Hope the Canes do "away game" broadcasting at the arena- always have a good time there. 

Also Please don't wait until later in playoffs to bring the Big Screen Outside for Home viewing. Start it right away!

12 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Schedule’s out...game 1 on Thu at 1930

Washington Capitals (M1) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

Thursday, April 11, 7:30pm: Hurricanes @ Capitals | USA, SN360, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 13, 3pm: Hurricanes @ Capitals | NBC, SN, TVA Sports

Monday, April 15, 7pm: Capitals @ Hurricanes | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports

Thursday, April 18, 7pm: Capitals @ Hurricanes | SN360, TVA Sports

*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Hurricanes @ Capitals | TBD

*Monday, April 22, TBD: Capitals @ Hurricanes | TBD

*Wednesday, April 24, TBD: Hurricanes @ Capitals | TBD

It's cool but i hope he's getting ice time somewhere - i'd hate for him to be missing out on AHL playoffs because he's sitting in the press box for the Canes.

49 minutes ago, remkin said:

Of all the potential storylines, Jake Bean could be interesting if he's needed.

Not sure if/how the rules have chagned last 10-15 years, but remember in 2006 and 2009 had the "black aces".. they called up a few minor leaguers that could practice and be available for the team if needed. Not sure if different now

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

It's cool but i hope he's getting ice time somewhere - i'd hate for him to be missing out on AHL playoffs because he's sitting in the press box for the Canes.

Not me. And I bet not him neither. Even being on the bench in the NHL playoffs. Is a wish come true fer these guys.

Here is one head scratcher for everyone to ponder. Pittsburgh has fewer wins than both the Hurricanes and the Blue Jackets. Pens fans really have to love those loser points.

2 hours ago, winger52 said:

Here is one head scratcher for everyone to ponder. Pittsburgh has fewer wins than both the Hurricanes and the Blue Jackets. Pens fans really have to love those loser points.

I'd love it too if the roles were reversed.

I'm expecting to lose this one but that's ok.  The drought is over.  There is however another part of me that realizes the last 3 times this team has made the playoffs it has gone deep... real deep.  Is that fire there?

After the fun and the fanfare of making it in, the best thing as far as getting into the playoffs for me is all of those Canes fans that have never experienced a playoff series. I absolutely love it that some of my fellow Caniacs are going to get to (finally) see playoff hockey. Think about it. It's been so long that toddlers back in 2009 are teenagers now! A guy who can now legally buy beer at the arena was in the 5th grade the last time the Canes went. And some newer fans have only heard the stories about the last series...or the Cup run! Way back at the start of this franchise in NC, the Canes had a slogan to get fans to the games of, "You'll know when you go." My advice to you is to go to a game. If you are even contemplating it, GO! There is nothing like it!  

14 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

I'm expecting to lose this one but that's ok.  The drought is over.  There is however another part of me that realizes the last 3 times this team has made the playoffs it has gone deep... real deep.  Is that fire there?

I expect to lose it too, but I don't think we'll roll over against Washington.  Maybe Washington will end up being like the 09 Bruins.  They were 4-0 vs us in the regular season and we beat them in 7 games thanks to Scott Walker's OT goal in Boston.

I mean, I would not be surprised if we beat Washington in 6 or 7 games.

Maybe this team overall will be like the 2012 Kings, an 8th seed out west that won the cup with no home ice advantage in either round.

One can only hope and anything can happen.  I'm curious to see how the team comes out in game 1 of a playoff game after no playoffs for ten years. 

27 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I hope he does get a game. He has been such a big part of the team.

That is actually encouraging news on De Haan, because it tells me nothing is broken after his Pittsburgh injury.  If he had a broken wrist or arm he'd be out for the season and that includes the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

How can he start two goalies in the same game? That's cheating.😉😊

heads-up-poker.jpg

16 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

These days off have to be helping whatever ails Aho.

I was thinking that too. We need that dude at 100%. When he is on, he can take over a game offensively. Without his speed though, his game diminishes somewhat, which I think is what we have been seeing. He's just so dang fast.