The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hopper915

Steve Yzerman named Red Wings GM

Definitely something a lot were speculating on when he stepped down from Tampa. And after Tampa's playoff debacle, pretty good timing.

It was Assumed when he  stepped down   earlier  that he would go to detroit and become their  gm .   This  is not good news for the  eastern conference  or the atlantic unless  you are a wings fan .   Steve Yzerman  is the reason why  tampa   even has a team  as good as it is .    It's only a matter of time till tampa crashes and detroit rises .   i give the red wings 2 - 3  years till they become a threat again . 

5 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It was Assumed when he  stepped down   earlier  that he would go to detroit and become their  gm .   This  is not good news for the  eastern conference  or the atlantic unless  you are a wings fan .   Steve Yzerman  is the reason why  tampa   even has a team  as good as it is .    It's only a matter of time till tampa crashes and detroit rises .   i give the red wings 2 - 3  years till they become a threat again . 

Looking at their roster, current contracts, and lack of a farm system I would be surprised if they are a threat in three years.  

they have one available buy out over the next 3 seasons.  Helm is signed for another 2 seasons, Nielsen for 3 more seasons, and Abdelkader for four more seasons.  They have 71 million on the books for next season already. Granted after October 1st they will have the 6 million of Zetterberg's contract come off for LTIR.  

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Looking at their roster, current contracts, and lack of a farm system I would be surprised if they are a threat in three years.  

they have one available buy out over the next 3 seasons.  Helm is signed for another 2 seasons, Nielsen for 3 more seasons, and Abdelkader for four more seasons.  They have 71 million on the books for next season already. Granted after October 1st they will have the 6 million of Zetterberg's contract come off for LTIR.  

He  can  do it .  He will  have the team tank next  year trying to go after alexis lafreniere .   That will be the wings corner stone