The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

TSA Sympathy Thread

sorry tsa. tough one

you are a modest Pats fan so i will give you a pass,

unlike most here. let the excuses begin :lol:

Let them give their excuses, if you look at the last few games of the season, looks like the Pats may just have run out of gas. I cant imagine what it must take to keep up that level of play for 19 games in a row. We know how much trouble the Canes are having keeping themselves up for a couple in a row.

Did you like the commercials?

sorry tsa. tough one

you are a modest Pats fan so i will give you a pass,

unlike most here. let the excuses begin :lol:

Let them give their excuses, if you look at the last few games of the season, looks like the Pats may just have run out of gas. I cant imagine what it must take to keep up that level of play for 19 games in a row. We know how much trouble the Canes are having keeping themselves up for a couple in a row.

Did you like the commercials?

Since we've determined that I dont need any sympathy (not that I was getting any, LOL), Ive decided to derail this and turn it into the "SuperBowl Commercial" thread. :D

How bout the SB comercials? I thought there were a few notable ones. A couple I thought were pushing pg-13 as the night went on.

My favs:

1) mousetrap one-Doritos

2) Will Ferrell-Bud Light

3) A night at the Roxbury-Pepsi Max

Gonna agree with #1...didnt see #2 or #3. Must have been flippin' ;)

Honorable mention (for me) goes to the one with the talking baby who had invested some $$ with his buddies...2nd commercial they rented a clown, kid looks at him and makes the comment about being "creepy" or something...also the oone where Justin Timberlake got smacked in the head (Pepsi, i think?)..

I think you've got a flawed analogy between the Pats and the Canes. Canes play a couple times a week, at least. Pats play once a week. And they had 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the Super Bowl.

I think you've got a flawed analogy between the Pats and the Canes. Canes play a couple times a week, at least. Pats play once a week. And they had 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the Super Bowl.

Give it up Frogg, we're talking commercials now. Will Ferrell was hilarious but a bit racy for national TV.

Give it up Frogg, we're talking commercials now. Will Ferrell was hilarious but a bit racy for national TV.

Only because you changed the subject off your failing Pats. But since this is YOUR sympathy thread, I guess I gotta stay on topic :rolleyes:

Wasn't a big fan of too many commercials this year. Liked the Pepsi Max one. And the carrier pidgeon. The mousetrap one would have been good if they didn't show it last year.

My personal favorite was the Audi Godfather parody, if only because I was with a group of 20 guys watching the game, and as soon as that car appeared on the screen, the entire crowd of guys fell silent in awe. And that's a good commercial, when you can get that kind of a response.

Only because you changed the subject off your failing Pats. But since this is YOUR sympathy thread, I guess I gotta stay on topic :rolleyes:

Wasn't a big fan of too many commercials this year. Liked the Pepsi Max one. And the carrier pidgeon. The mousetrap one would have been good if they didn't show it last year.

My personal favorite was the Audi Godfather parody, if only because I was with a group of 20 guys watching the game, and as soon as that car appeared on the screen, the entire crowd of guys fell silent in awe. And that's a good commercial, when you can get that kind of a response.

Very nice car indeed. Your gang didnt like the Will Ferrell one?

Must have missed that one. Suddenlink controlled the feed on campus and they really screwed up last night. Random periods of a frozen screen, only to catch up to the feed well after. So, we missed opening kickoff, most of halftime and the 3rd period, as well as some crucial 3rd down plays.

It was funny when it was 3 and something for the Pats and it freezes right when it looks like Strahan was about to sack Brady. A collective "NO!" roared into the night.

Here's some links for those who didnt see the commercials:

http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#''>http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#' target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#[/post]

The 4th quarter ones were the best, IMO.

yep, my favorite was the amp energy drink in the fourth quarter. I could see that happening in Zebulon or Wendell!!

Yesterday afternoon, Mr. GSBG and I went to a friend's house for our first Super Bowl party. (Yes, you read that right: That was our first SB bash. Before this year, we just didn't live near people who hosted them.)

The commercials, IMHO, were OK but not too memorable -- if they were, they'd have taken my attention away from the real-live Puppy Bowl going on at my feet and in my lap: the hosts' Rottweiler and a guest's two dogs, a Chihuaua and a Jindo-Chihuahua mix. Those guys chased after each other throughout the entire game, going totally berserk. (At least five or six times, one or both of the smaller dogs were on my lap, ready to grab a bite of my pizza. Wild. ;))

And, yeah, our hosts made the party a gregarious, boisterous event. All in all, it was a rather (ahem) liquid celebration. Needless to say, Mr. G and I are still recovering from it all. :P

Jan/GSBG

I thought this was my sympathy thread, whats up with the Brady bashing? :P He was nothing but class after that game last night and blamed only himself and his own team. Gave plenty of props to Eli and Co.

And Wesley#1fan, time to exit the bandwagon and find another one to jump on :lol:

I quote you:

steelers.jpg

My blood will flow this forever, TSA.

steelers75.jpg

Did you enjoy Ben's commercial last night? At least he can say he was "in" the Superbowl, LOL.

I did enjoy his commercial... thought it was funny. "I love that song... until you sang it". And FYI, the Giants are my 2nd fav team, next to the Steelers and before the Panthers.

Ohh TSA....

I must say that this was the first week that Tom and the gang let me down after a Canes loss. It makes me sad, so of course I sympathize with you.

I am surprised that there are actually people saying this season was a failure for the Pats. Aside from having 18 wins in a row they set other NFL records (50 touchdown passes....23 touchdown catches anyone?) If the Pats season was a failure...what was the LOLphins' season? Panthers? Steelers?

Anywho...as far as Superbowl commercials my favorites had to be the Tide-to-go stain commercial and Big Ben American Idol commercial. Hilarious.

Tough one TSA. You know I'm not a football fan, but even I watched the last 1:30 left in the game (longest frickin 1:30 I've ever seen, took like 10 minutes for that 1:30 to finish up, jeez)...

But, I'm glad at least Pats didn't win... I could not have stood to hear about..

"OH YEAH! NEW ENGLANDS GREAT THIS YEAR! RED SOX WIN! PATS WIN! CELTICS WILL WIN! BRUINS WILL.... well, they'll get another draft!" j/k bout the Bruins. :)

Would MUCH rather have the Pats win than the Sox, but hey... maybe next year. :)

Must have missed that one. Suddenlink controlled the feed on campus and they really screwed up last night. Random periods of a frozen screen, only to catch up to the feed well after. So, we missed opening kickoff, most of halftime and the 3rd period, as well as some crucial 3rd down plays.

It was funny when it was 3 and something for the Pats and it freezes right when it looks like Strahan was about to sack Brady. A collective "NO!" roared into the night.

At least you got the whole feed, sort of. Friends we know were having a big Superbowl party and right before the kickoff, a car hit a telephone pole outside their neighborhood and started a fire so the power company came and shut down all electricity to that grid. About midway into the first quarter, certain streets had their power back but not our friends so they took all their food, drinks and all 25 guests to another house for the rest of the game. I think they only saw the 4th quarter but that one was the most exciting of all of them.

That was bad karma...

At least you got the whole feed, sort of. Friends we know were having a big Superbowl party and right before the kickoff, a car hit a telephone pole outside their neighborhood and started a fire so the power company came and shut down all electricity to that grid. About midway into the first quarter, certain streets had their power back but not our friends so they took all their food, drinks and all 25 guests to another house for the rest of the game. I think they only saw the 4th quarter but that one was the most exciting of all of them.

That was bad karma...