The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

TSA Sympathy Thread

Ohh TSA....

I must say that this was the first week that Tom and the gang let me down after a Canes loss. It makes me sad, so of course I sympathize with you.

I am surprised that there are actually people saying this season was a failure for the Pats. Aside from having 18 wins in a row they set other NFL records (50 touchdown passes....23 touchdown catches anyone?) If the Pats season was a failure...what was the LOLphins' season? Panthers? Steelers?

Anywho...as far as Superbowl commercials my favorites had to be the Tide-to-go stain commercial and Big Ben American Idol commercial. Hilarious.

Any season that doesn't end with you holding the Lombardi has to be considered a failure.

Tough one TSA. You know I'm not a football fan, but even I watched the last 1:30 left in the game (longest frickin 1:30 I've ever seen, took like 10 minutes for that 1:30 to finish up, jeez)...

But, I'm glad at least Pats didn't win... I could not have stood to hear about..

"OH YEAH! NEW ENGLANDS GREAT THIS YEAR! RED SOX WIN! PATS WIN! CELTICS WILL WIN! BRUINS WILL.... well, they'll get another draft!" j/k bout the Bruins. :)

Would MUCH rather have the Pats win than the Sox, but hey... maybe next year. :)

You think that was the longest 1:30 for you? :lol: We let all the kids stay up since there wasn't much time left on the clock (just in case history was made :( ). Bad move, as we are paying for it today with some very tired kids....and no history. 1:30 in the football world equals at least 15 minutes especially when both teams had so many time outs remaining in the end.

Tough one TSA. You know I'm not a football fan, but even I watched the last 1:30 left in the game (longest frickin 1:30 I've ever seen, took like 10 minutes for that 1:30 to finish up, jeez)...

But, I'm glad at least Pats didn't win... I could not have stood to hear about..

"OH YEAH! NEW ENGLANDS GREAT THIS YEAR! RED SOX WIN! PATS WIN! CELTICS WILL WIN! BRUINS WILL.... well, they'll get another draft!" j/k bout the Bruins. :)

Would MUCH rather have the Pats win than the Sox, but hey... maybe next year. :)

You think that was the longest 1:30 for you? :lol: We let all the kids stay up since there wasn't much time left on the clock (just in case history was made :( ). Bad move, as we are paying for it today with some very tired kids....and no history. 1:30 in the football world equals at least 15 minutes especially when both teams had so many time outs remaining in the end.

Although I'm not a Pats fan I was rooting for them but it was funny listening to the excuses people here in Mass. were making today. Alot of the Pats fans around here are worse then slug fans. I do feel bad for the classy fans like TSA. Good thing Model isnt a Pats fan or he would be calling for the whole team to be traded.

Ichigo that link was great the following quote from it is so true of most people her in Western Mass

"Hey, I'll even admit that I never even heard of the New England Patriots before January 2002. Well, I heard of them. But I always thought they were, like, some kind of Revolutionary War re-enactors or something."

1) I can't say any of the commercials this year were particularly great, they haven't been good for the past two or three years imo.

2) This is specifically for TSA/Pats fans. Alas, we knew ye well...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl[/post]

C'mon Ichigo, I thought it was gonna be a good read. That the best he's got? :rolleyes:

For all you late comers into this thread, thanks for your concern but this thread was derailed into a Superbowl commercial thread. Since the thread has my name on it, its my thread and I decide what the topic is. The topic is Superbowl commercials :P .

Here's the link if you missed it earlier in the thread:

http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#

1) I can't say any of the commercials this year were particularly great, they haven't been good for the past two or three years imo.

2) This is specifically for TSA/Pats fans. Alas, we knew ye well...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl[/post]

C'mon Ichigo, I thought it was gonna be a good read. That the best he's got? :rolleyes:

For all you late comers into this thread, thanks for your concern but this thread was derailed into a Superbowl commercial thread. Since the thread has my name on it, its my thread and I decide what the topic is. The topic is Superbowl commercials :P .

Here's the link if you missed it earlier in the thread:

http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads#

Since you decided to make superbowl commercials.....

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Check it out.. I loved it. I'll explain later if you don't get it.

I got it, that was great! Thanks

Since you decided to make superbowl commercials.....

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Check it out.. I loved it. I'll explain later if you don't get it.

I got it, that was great! Thanks

No sympathy here either tsa, sorry dude. I've generally been ambivalent about the Pats, but like many I couldn't help but pull for the underdog, plus Pats, and Belichick in particular, aren't a particular likeable bunch anyway. From spygate to running up the score on teams and everything else, it was fun to seem them get their comeuppance.

As for the ads. The best two IMO were the carrier pigeons and Shaq as a jockey, no others I saw were close IMO.

Only because you changed the subject off your failing Pats. But since this is YOUR sympathy thread, I guess I gotta stay on topic :rolleyes:

Wasn't a big fan of too many commercials this year. Liked the Pepsi Max one. And the carrier pidgeon. The mousetrap one would have been good if they didn't show it last year.

My personal favorite was the Audi Godfather parody, if only because I was with a group of 20 guys watching the game, and as soon as that car appeared on the screen, the entire crowd of guys fell silent in awe. And that's a good commercial, when you can get that kind of a response.

This was my fave as well. How long before one of the guys has one??

K~

This was my fave as well. How long before one of the guys has one??

K~

I don't know about them but the same here..I was like "oooooh pretty....I'm going to get one"

Yeah right. :lol: