The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Anybody else catch the NFL's lame excuse for a Captains C on their jerseys? I love Football but leave the C in the sport of hockey boys

Anybody else catch the NFL's lame excuse for a Captains C on their jerseys? I love Football but leave the C in the sport of hockey boys

The NHL isn't the only sport with captains, you know...

t1_varitek_all.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Jeter images with the C on them...

t1_varitek_all.jpg

Although he is the captain of the Yankees, Jeter doesn't wear the C.

After Varitek's re-signing, the Red Sox appointed him to be the third team captain since 1923, after Carl Yastrzemski (1969-83) and Jim Rice (1986-89). There are currently only three other captains in Major League Baseball: Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees, Paul Konerko of the Chicago White Sox, and Mike Sweeney of the Kansas City Royals.

t1_varitek_all.jpg

Although he is the captain of the Yankees, Jeter doesn't wear the C.

After Varitek's re-signing, the Red Sox appointed him to be the third team captain since 1923, after Carl Yastrzemski (1969-83) and Jim Rice (1986-89). There are currently only three other captains in Major League Baseball: Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees, Paul Konerko of the Chicago White Sox, and Mike Sweeney of the Kansas City Royals.

108 yard kick-off return for the Pats at the start of the half.

Longest in NFL history.

Chad pennington goes down for his 3 or 4th sack but goes down with what appears to be an injury.

Randy Moss is God, 9 receptions for 183 yards and a TD.

...that's all Im sayin'.

108 yard kick-off return for the Pats at the start of the half.

Longest in NFL history.

Chad pennington goes down for his 3 or 4th sack but goes down with what appears to be an injury.

Randy Moss is God, 9 receptions for 183 yards and a TD.

...that's all Im sayin'.

What classlessness by Jets fans, cheering the injury to Pennington as he came off the field. He was doing everything he could to stay in the game. Good on him to come back out despite the injury and play through the pain to throw the TD.

Bills TE Kevin Everett had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. I don't know what his injury was, but I sure hope he's OK.

What classlessness by Jets fans, cheering the injury to Pennington as he came off the field. He was doing everything he could to stay in the game. Good on him to come back out despite the injury and play through the pain to throw the TD.

Bills TE Kevin Everett had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. I don't know what his injury was, but I sure hope he's OK.

Not that I wanted them to score but I agree, Pennington didn't deserve that and I'm glad he came back in. He's limping pretty bad though.

Not that I wanted them to score but I agree, Pennington didn't deserve that and I'm glad he came back in. He's limping pretty bad though.

I know. I am by no means a doctor, but the way he went down and how badly he's limping screams of pulled ligaments. It takes a lot of guts to stay in, when you know that the opposing guys are gonna be taking every shot they can at it. He's gotta be hurting something fierce right now, but he's playing through it. Good for him.

Buffalo 14, Denver 12. Bills score a TD as Marshawn Lynch busts a 23 yard run. Broncos come roaring back with a TD of their own, but the Bills' tough defense denied them the two-point conversion that would've tied the game.

I know. I am by no means a doctor, but the way he went down and how badly he's limping screams of pulled ligaments. It takes a lot of guts to stay in, when you know that the opposing guys are gonna be taking every shot they can at it. He's gotta be hurting something fierce right now, but he's playing through it. Good for him.

They must have froze it, it was screaming ACL to me.

ACL=Anterior Cruciate Ligament. ;)

Thanks for the education ;)

Thanks for the education ;)

Congrats to Medford on his Broncos win, a gut wrenching loss for Buffalo in the last second of play.

Washington over Miami in OT, the third OT of the day.

Carolina takes down St. Louis, and you guys were all worried.

Its a good day for NFL football!

Congrats to Medford on his Broncos win, a gut wrenching loss for Buffalo in the last second of play.

Washington over Miami in OT, the third OT of the day.

Carolina takes down St. Louis, and you guys were all worried.

Its a good day for NFL football!

Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills went down with what's now descibed as a "cervical spinal injury". He was taken into emergency spinal surgery with no word about his conciousness. They will no more tomorrow and hopefully the news will be encouraging. This injury is every football parent's worst nightmare.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Update:

ESPN just reported that the surgery is to repair two cervical fractures in his neck.

This is the same injury that Erik Cole had, only the two fractures that Erik had did not cut into or impinge on his spinal chord at all. He was able to avoid surgery but the recovery time was close to a year for the healng to be done. Even now, its as healed as it ever will be, which is about 90%.

The fact that Everett had emergency surgery makes me think that there was an impingement on his spinal chord that was swelling or the chord was cut somehow.

Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills went down with what's now descibed as a "cervical spinal injury". He was taken into emergency spinal surgery with no word about his conciousness. They will no more tomorrow and hopefully the news will be encouraging. This injury is every football parent's worst nightmare.

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Update:

ESPN just reported that the surgery is to repair two cervical fractures in his neck.

This is the same injury that Erik Cole had, only the two fractures that Erik had did not cut into or impinge on his spinal chord at all. He was able to avoid surgery but the recovery time was close to a year for the healng to be done. Even now, its as healed as it ever will be, which is about 90%.

The fact that Everett had emergency surgery makes me think that there was an impingement on his spinal chord that was swelling or the chord was cut somehow.