The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Ahh, me too! No one around hear understands why I love my Broncos but they've always been my team! I've had to accept that it's not going to be their strongest year, but at least they've put up a few good games that were expected to be blowouts, even though they've also barely pulled out wins againt teams that should have been in the bag, but oh well haha. I thought we could get the win last night, it was a good game, but I can't hate on the Packers too much, because Favre's game winning pass was pretty amazing, I can't argue that one!

another Bronco fan, I love it B)

its just us 2 here.

I don't know if anything will happen to the pats this year, cause their victories are so demoralizing, most teams just want the game to end more then anything. But people don't forget, and maybe not this year, maybe next year, maybe in the playoffs, they are going to face some seriously angry foes who won't think twice about a few hits/shots. Billyboy is ticked off because he got caught cheating. He is acting like the world wronged him, how dare they catch him cheating, and ponder how long its been going on! Of course you have to do something about it to stop them. If they run up into a line up and act like they are going to spike it, go for the kill, so what if they are going to spike it, its not worth the risk and they have faked it twice in two weeks. Hit the receivers, and brady as much as legally possible.

Keeping brady in the fourth quarter and throwing deep passes when you are up 40-50 points... yeah thats going to bite them in the rear sooner or later.

Its frustrating for anyone and everyone who lives outside of boston/NE and I am sure you guys love it :P

Interesting take from Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe....

Is Bellichek hand picking which teams he chooses to make a statement to? There's a school of thought out there that Bellichek knows a lot more about who among his peers spoke up against him and what was said. It's these teams that seem to take more of a beating than others. Redskins by far had the worst of it, but teams like Buffalo got off a little easier. If there's any truth to this, the Jets game on December 16th will be very interesting :o .

Is Bellichek hand picking which teams he chooses to make a statement to? There's a school of thought out there that Bellichek knows a lot more about who among his peers spoke up against him and what was said. It's these teams that seem to take more of a beating than others. Redskins by far had the worst of it, but teams like Buffalo got off a little easier. If there's any truth to this, the Jets game on December 16th will be very interesting :o .

From Bill Simmons:

"During the Jets-Pats game in Week 15, after the Pats win by a 77-3 margin, Belichick sucker-punches Mangini in the postgame handshake, followed by a 200-person brawl that leaves two dead and 45 others injured. The funny thing? This falls under the "somewhat realistic" guidelines. That's why I'm flying back for this game."

I agree with it being a revenge issue, but its against everyone, not just those who may have spoke up against him, anyone in his path... :lol:

My pick for that game is 84- 7 lol

but to me Mangini deserved this. The Jets were accused allegedly of the same thing

he is a fraud.

However I was a bit disappointed in running it up on Gibbs. but I must have missed something

oh well... You can bet your life savings that if the Pats ever do get a change to stick it

to Indy I guaranty they will. Dungy has said some things about the spread etc.

he said the spread is about betting and not reality.. we shall see

I think

34-27 NE is my pick but with my track record it might as well be NE 55 Indy 21 :P

another Bronco fan, I love it B)

its just us 2 here.

haha nope, there are 3 of us lol. she def got me hooked on them :-P. plus, Chris Kuper, O-Line, played for my old school (UND Fighting Sioux), a D-II school. what sucks, though, is he is the one responsible for the fumble that Cutler had that basically kept them from scoring the touchdown that would have won the game for them.

Losing 38-7 is getting off easy :blink:

TSA- I think that the way I think about Bellichek is the same way you Lindy Ruff. I won't be making any dinner plans with Bellichek when he comes to Buffalo. :P

TSA- I think that the way I think about Bellichek is the same way you Lindy Ruff. I won't be making any dinner plans with Bellichek when he comes to Buffalo. :P

I actually thought the same when I was listening, didn't seem like Buffalo got off too easy to me either. And I don't think you're alone with not wanting to have dinner with Bellichek. ;)

I actually thought the same when I was listening, didn't seem like Buffalo got off too easy to me either. And I don't think you're alone with not wanting to have dinner with Bellichek. ;)

haha nope, there are 3 of us lol. she def got me hooked on them :-P. plus, Chris Kuper, O-Line, played for my old school (UND Fighting Sioux), a D-II school. what sucks, though, is he is the one responsible for the fumble that Cutler had that basically kept them from scoring the touchdown that would have won the game for them.

Well, to be fair, that happened much earlier in the game. Had Denver actually attempted to score a TD on that last play, rather than just go for the field goal, that fumble wouldn't have been a big deal.

Well, to be fair, that happened much earlier in the game. Had Denver actually attempted to score a TD on that last play, rather than just go for the field goal, that fumble wouldn't have been a big deal.

It still was a HUGE momemtum swing. Before that fumble they were in control of the game. After is it was

an uphill battle all game.

Shanny really messed up by not calling a crossing pattern or a fad to B Marshall for a TD.

never settle for a tie as you may not see the ball in ot. very aggravating.

but to be honest Denver sucks now. I have been a fan since 1981 and remember clearly since 1983 and

their overall defense was never this pathetci against the Run. GB should have smoke them if not

for some penalties. I feel Det is gonna beat them as well. :(

its 6 or 7 wins at best and of course the pats fans will let me know about it here :P

well the arrogant ones, not the good ones like you topshelf or a few select here. about 25% of Pats fans

are not arrogant, 75% are

I actually think your Bills team is gutsy and has

played pretty well as of late. I hope the beat that fraud Cincy team that

cant stop anyone.

I like Marshan Lynch. its too bad Edwards is hurt. He has done much better than Lossman IMO

cant stop anyone.

I like Marshan Lynch. its too bad Edwards is hurt. He has done much better than Lossman IMO

Hey, don't speak bad of the Bengals.

bengals_logo.gif

WHODEY?

Hey, don't speak bad of the Bengals.

bengals_logo.gif

WHODEY?

Sorry but they are so overrated in my book

they should be a 10 win team and grossly underacheive

to me their head coach has lost control of this team

their defense is a seive (just like my sucky Broncos)

I like Carson Palmer but this team is so undiciplined it is not even funny

The diffrence between Denver and Cincy is Cincy has tons of talent and Denver to me just sucks

I picked them to win 10 or 11 games this year and they will not even come close to that in

that tough divsion they are in. Heck the Browns are more diciplined. I never though

that could happen.

cant stop anyone.

If my Bills just decided to play the full 60 minutes we could easily be 5-2 and on top of the wild card :o

As much as I want Edwards to start and I am pro Edwards... I think Losman will have a great game because his future his basically riding on this so he knows he must have a big game.

On a side note I actually want to see Chad Johnson get a touchdown when we play just so I get to see the celebration haha.

If my Bills just decided to play the full 60 minutes we could easily be 5-2 and on top of the wild card :o

As much as I want Edwards to start and I am pro Edwards... I think Losman will have a great game because his future his basically riding on this so he knows he must have a big game.

On a side note I actually want to see Chad Johnson get a touchdown when we play just so I get to see the celebration haha.

I picked your Bills, Good luck to them B)

I think the Pats will win vs Indy. 34-27

Also underrated good game this week.

I like Philly plus 3 at home to upset the Cowboys because

if they do not win, they are basically in deep doo doo

for the Wild Card at 3-5

a win and 4-4 is not so bad... Philly 24 Dallas 21

(Crawls out of hole)...I'm still embarrassed from last weeks pounding from NE and the fact the only thing the team could complain about was that NE ran up the score

I crawl out of my hole one more time just to send my sympathy to former Sheriff of Raleigh/Wake County, John Baker's family. The reason I put it here is because John Baker played defense for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Detroit Lions in the NFL for 11 years. God speed.

Former Sheriff John Baker Passes Away

John Baker when he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Photo From The Pittsburgh Steelers organization.

The Raleigh Chronicle 02.NOV.07

RALEIGH - Former Wake County Sheriff, NFL football star, and larger than life Raleigh native John Baker passed away on Wednesday at age 72.

According to at least one media interview with his family, Baker had suffered a stroke earlier this year and died from complications resulting from his illness.

Baker was a well-known and much loved political and law enforcement figure in Wake County and Raleigh for decades. He served as Wake County Sheriff from 1978 to 2002, when he lost in the election to Republican Donnie Harrison.

At six foot seven inches tall and almost 300 pounds, Baker was a natural in the NFL, where he played defense for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Detroit Lions for eleven years from 1958 to 1968. Baker became famous for a photograph where he had tackled New York Giants quarterback Y.A. Tittle, leaving him bloodied in the end-zone. After the hit, Tittl retired from football the next season.

"He was a giant, literally, as a public servant and community leader," North Carolina Governor Mike Easley said in a statement to the media on Baker's passing.

His list of accomplishments outside of the NFL were equally impressive as he became the first African-American in North Carolina to serve on the NC Parole board and the first African-American to be elected as sheriff in North Carolina after Reconstruction. In addition to his volunteer work with area youth, he also started the John H. Baker Jr. Charter School so that inmates could get a high school education.

"Sheriff Baker was a big man, but he had a gentle heart," Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison told WRAL-TV. "He really looked after the youth of this county...I came into an office where he's done a lot of great things. He's going to be missed."

"Sheriff Baker was a great man and a great leader," said Wake County Commissioner Chairman Tony Gurley in a statement to the media. "He gave Wake County the best years of his life, and all our citizens are indebted to him. Sheriff Baker's compassion and leadership will never be forgotten."

Sheriff Baker was inducted into the Raleigh Hall of Fame earlier this year as was his father, who was Raleigh's first African American police officer.

Sheriff Baker is survived by his wife, Juanita, of almost 50 years, two children and four grandchildren.

LINK: Famous NFL photograph of Tittle after Baker hit him in the end zone, knocking off his helmet.

http://www.manlyweb.com/sports/injuries/yatittle-photo.htm

LINK: Wikipedia entry on John Baker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Baker_Jr.

http://www.raleigh2.com/default.asp?source...gh2&he=.com

WOW.. just checked my fantasy football team..

the only player I had active early was Adrian Peterson, my other 8 players are later today or tonight.

Peterson got me 46 points alone! my opponent this week got 67 TOTAL for all 9 players in the early games.

I think this one will go as a win. No wonder I'm in first place in my league!!

Yay! Pitt plays Balt. tonight and hopefully Pitt will come out on top.

Steelers are 3-0 at home and that's where they're playing.

Go Steelers!!!

Looks like a MNF Blowout, Big Ben has 5 TDs in the first half. 35-7.