The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Come on now. The Pats are in the playoffs. The rest of the games are just gravy. That's probably why tonight's game was so close. Bellichek finally told the team to back off.

Maybe so, but I think the game being close was more about the Eagles coming in with a pretty good game plan. They probably would have won tonight if not for the inexperienced QB's mistakes at the beginning and the end of the game. I highly doubt Coach Hoodie is planning on having them "back off". Especially not after almost losing the undefeated season to the Eagles.

Come on now. The Pats are in the playoffs. The rest of the games are just gravy. That's probably why tonight's game was so close. Bellichek finally told the team to back off.

Maybe so, but I think the game being close was more about the Eagles coming in with a pretty good game plan. They probably would have won tonight if not for the inexperienced QB's mistakes at the beginning and the end of the game. I highly doubt Coach Hoodie is planning on having them "back off". Especially not after almost losing the undefeated season to the Eagles.

AJ Feely played out of his league for most of the game though. Samuel had a very clutch interception to save that game for the pats.

AJ Feely played out of his league for most of the game though. Samuel had a very clutch interception to save that game for the pats.

you mean Samuel caught the int that looked like a punt

that was a putrid throw by AJ Feeley

ironically is was just after Madden said, "if I were Philly I would stick with 10 yard in cuts and not try to go up top"

I know Madden babbles sometimes but I think he can be quite good and knows his stuff IMO

props to Philly making me actually watch the whole game and not go to bed with NE up by 40

the only game that I am interested in with NE scoring a lot will be vs Eric the Rat in December

And naturally, my Broncos had to choke and lose in the last five minutes. Way to go, buddies. Way to go.

At least Cutler looked good. He's gonna be a beast in a few years.

And finally, I'm actually considering purchasing a Jay Cutler Broncos orange alternate jersey off of eBay instead of getting another hockey jersey. It's around $45 for the whole thing, and is stitched, too. I love those orange jerseys they've got.

And naturally, my Broncos had to choke and lose in the last five minutes. Way to go, buddies. Way to go.

At least Cutler looked good. He's gonna be a beast in a few years.

And finally, I'm actually considering purchasing a Jay Cutler Broncos orange alternate jersey off of eBay instead of getting another hockey jersey. It's around $45 for the whole thing, and is stitched, too. I love those orange jerseys they've got.

Great choice Av :D

I love the orange too but they have not worn orange since 2004 in the snow loss vs Oak

I was not happy with that game for us but hey I am encouraged by Cutler as well

here is to beating Oak and getting better hopefully

and lets Go Ravens, Plus 20.5 vs NE. what a ridiculous spread but its based on Bal

being a bad team and NE continuing on as they dodged a huge huge bullet.

my last hope is Pitt and my friend Big Ben, who I love watching

So let me get this right....the Miami defense is keeping Big Ben contained and there's no score at the end of the third quarter?????

Those field conditions are horrible.

So let me get this right....the Miami defense is keeping Big Ben contained and there's no score at the end of the third quarter?????

Those field conditions are horrible.

This is great old time football...they dont all end with scores of 40-7

Looks like a good 'ol college fraternity Mud Bowl to me.

This is great old time football...they dont all end with scores of 40-7

Looks like a good 'ol college fraternity Mud Bowl to me.

^shrugs^ I dont like either team, but this 0-0 game is a helluva lot better then the rout it shoulda been.

Whats even better about this, is this is Pitts own fault re-sodding a field with a major storm coming in, its not even like the Dolphins re-did their field before a big game to get an edge. At some point common sense should say .... ok... this is more then likely a bad idea. Whatever work they did on this field has been wasted it's going to have to be redone again now.

Oh boy, if the Steelers score here at the 11th hour, I don't see Miami recovering enough to win one this season.

Oh boy, if the Steelers score here at the 11th hour, I don't see Miami recovering enough to win one this season.

Poor miami lol.....their on there what 4th string RB now....

17 seconds to go.... and its prolly over

Preety good hockey score for this football game

Wow they dont even try to do a lateral a thon... wonder if this team cares anymore

^shrugs^ I dont like either team, but this 0-0 game is a helluva lot better then the rout it shoulda been.

Whats even better about this, is this is Pitts own fault re-sodding a field with a major storm coming in, its not even like the Dolphins re-did their field before a big game to get an edge. At some point common sense should say .... ok... this is more then likely a bad idea. Whatever work they did on this field has been wasted it's going to have to be redone again now.

"The Steelers had a new natural surface installed on top of the existing grass over the weekend after four high school championship games were played there Friday and the University of Pittsburgh faced South Florida Saturday" - AP

I'd guess thats why they re-sodded the field more then anything.

wow....3-0? that is amazing! I don't know if I have ever seen or heard of a a game with that score....ESP one with such a large point spread predicted...

In 1982 Gods team before they were Gods team the Pats beat Miami in the infamous Snow Plow Game

Remember Topshelf, back when Med was a fan in the old old days of Schaeffer stadium

an oversized Chelsea High Stadium me and my cousin used to call it

NE has come a long way and even though I kid about a lot, I am impressed with them

I wanted to find a youtube video but can't :(

I remember Ron Meyer dircting Mark Henderson to clear a path. remeber topshelf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game''>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game' target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game[/post]

In 1982 Gods team before they were Gods team the Pats beat Miami in the infamous Snow Plow Game

Remember Topshelf, back when Med was a fan in the old old days of Schaeffer stadium

an oversized Chelsea High Stadium me and my cousin used to call it

NE has come a long way and even though I kid about a lot, I am impressed with them

I wanted to find a youtube video but can't :(

I remember Ron Meyer dircting Mark Henderson to clear a path. remeber topshelf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game''>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game' target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowplow_Game[/post]

Of course I do, LOL, and Miami went crazy trying to find a rule against using a snowplow on the field to clear a path. Who was the kicker, not Tony Franlkin was it?

Just read the link, John Smith was the kicker. Oh, and LOL at Ron Meyer. Medford....we're old :( .