The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Couldn't let this go not posted...

Samari Rolle of the Ravens:

"The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy," Rolle said in the locker room after the game. "I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before.' "

No. 110 is head linesman Phil McKinnely, a former player for three NFL teams during the 1970s and '80s. McKinnely, who played collegiately at UCLA, is black, as is Rolle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141124''>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141124' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141124[/post]

That's still no excuse for any player to throw a flag like he's Josh Beckett throwing a fastball.

What most Pats fans are, (not you topshelf do not worry)

gggbbaw3uf1.jpg:P

That pretty much sums up 95% of them, I remember going to Bills-Pats games 10 years ago and finding a Pats fan in the stands was like finding Where's Waldo, you couldn't find one. Now they show up by the RV load's and they're everywhere :huh:

Thanks Anthony Smith :rolleyes: you are right up there with Eric the Rat

you jerk, I hope the other good Pitt players kick your *edit* for this

and still get a cover for Med :P

A garunteed win these days is a garunteed loss, no one ever seems to come through on these anymore :\

used to be a day n age you garunteed your win, you pointed where your homerun was gonna go, pointed where your breakaway goal is gonna go during an all-star game ...and it happened.

Now, nope :\

Washington had a nice gutty win with the backup QB Todd Collins, didnt he play for Buffalo like 10 yrs ago lol

boy does Brian Griese suck, If I were Lovie Smith I would give Orton a chance to see

if he has a good young QB. He cant do much worse than Griese and Rex. (whom I feel bad for getting hurt however, never want any injuries)

Anyone with the Giants? :D I am, and we're going at it with Philly 1pm tomorrow. :P Sad that the Canes game isn't televised tomorrow, but I will have Giants FB tomorrow at the very least :)

Anyone with the Giants? :D I am, and we're going at it with Philly 1pm tomorrow. :P Sad that the Canes game isn't televised tomorrow, but I will have Giants FB tomorrow at the very least :)

Canes game will be on CI and unfortunately creates a huge conflict of interest for me :angry: . Thank goodness for TIVO ;)

Canes game will be on CI and unfortunately creates a huge conflict of interest for me :angry: . Thank goodness for TIVO ;)

I will root for two team that will be most likely wearing white the Canes

and the Steelers :P jk my 1% of the good Pats fans. sounds like an oxymoron to me lol a good Pats fan JK

and the Steelers :P jk my 1% of the good Pats fans. sounds like an oxymoron to me lol a good Pats fan JK

Eh, don't worry...they'll cover for you ;)

Eh, don't worry...they'll cover for you ;)

Well I hope the Pats enjoyed their last day of being undefeated. I am looking forward to keeping an eye on the game tomorrow once the Canes go on!

Well I hope the Pats enjoyed their last day of being undefeated. I am looking forward to keeping an eye on the game tomorrow once the Canes go on!

IF Pitt wins I can send you a headline of the paper if you like :)

I am just as big a Steeler fan today as I am a Bronco fan.

Go Steelers please beat NE for us :)

Keys to the game

NO TURNOVERS pitt, and that meas you Big Ben. This is not Cincy or the Dophins where you can throw pics and stil win.

Willie Parker must run for 100 yards and NOT FUMBLE. come on fast Willie

must get TDs in the red zone, not FGs. when playing an offense as great at NEs you must convert

Pressure Pressure Pressure, pleast Pitt go after Brady, do not have a Brain Cramp like Billick and Rex Timeout Ryan and

sit back at the end of the game and rush 3. Bring 4 and sometimes 6... Blitz hit Brady as hard as possible, (not hurting him our couse but just intimidation etc like Pitt can)

Must win the turnover battle. Be a plus one at least or even at the worst

Get a big play special teams, either a turnover by NE or a great punt return or kickoff return.

Get a lead and then do not be stupid like Kyle Boller and AJ Feeley were at the end of the games.

Take what the defense gives you, The Pats defense is suspect in the middle especially and you can move the ball on them. IMO

It still might not be enough but I see this as a very very good close game.. Go Pitt :)

Hahahah awesome!

I think the other key is for Pitt to play until the END of the game. We saw last week what happens when a team lets off the gas against Brady and the Pats. They can't let that happen today.

Hahahah awesome!

I think the other key is for Pitt to play until the END of the game. We saw last week what happens when a team lets off the gas against Brady and the Pats. They can't let that happen today.

one of my good friends from the Pitt area who now works in Boston with me is going to the game

I hope they win for him as he is a class act about his team.. no comment on MOST Pats fans not all right top ;)

Shut it. :lol:

Stupid Tom Brady...WHY must he be so good?

Umm, its not just him. But they did make Big Ben @ Co. look rather ordinary. ;)