The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

My frickin Dolphins can't even sew up the #1 pick in the draft right. I mean, sure, they'll probably draft a kicker or something - or even better, don't make the pick in time a la Minnesota a few years back. It was ALL RIGHT THERE for us to stink the joint out in grand fashion - 0-16 - and incompetent Baltimore had to ruin it by 1- not going for the win on 4th and goal at the 1 (you can't punch it in on the DOLPHINS, you SHOULD lose the game) and 2-Matt Stover not being able to kick a ball thru the field goal posts. Morons. What a crappy day. On the plus side, the Panthers showed up with some scab QB and beat Seattle. Who'da thunk it?? Not like it matters or anything.

Who else caught the GENIUS play by Brian Westbrook to fall down at the 1 yard line, rather than waltz in for a score, with 2 minutes left for the sole purpose of allowing Philly to run out the clock against Dallas?? Easily the smartest, and most selfless, play I've seen in a very long time.

Brief but adequate. It lived up to its hype about as much as the game. :rolleyes:

59.jpg

For those curious about the post-game handshake, Patriots coach Bill Belichick met Jets coach Eric Mangini at midfield and shook his hand. As a smiling Belichick walked off the field, he pumped his arm in the air.

Later, a microphone picked up what Belichick said to Mangini: "Good game! Awesome."-Bostondirtdogs

hope they arent having Xmas Dinner together

now that would be classic,

what a snorefest but at least I got a cova

Now next week if no bad weather the pats beat the Fins 47-10

sorry to the fins fan here, I want them to win but I do not see Chet Lemon (is a joke btw former basebal player he is better than Chip Beck the former golfer LOL)

getting it done in Foxboro

My Brownies are looking pretty good for the playoffs! Woof Woof!

I like your choice in teams! :D

The Browns have gotten a little recognition at times this season, but they still seem to be slipping under the radar with most people. Not that I mind that! Always love being the underdog. Or should that be underdawg?

I like your choice in teams! :D

The Browns have gotten a little recognition at times this season, but they still seem to be slipping under the radar with most people. Not that I mind that! Always love being the underdog. Or should that be underdawg?

Good for them. Good luck in the playoffs, hopefully

unlike my sucky Broncos :(

yes as a browns fan you probably hate them. I understand

there is only one team i dislike its led by some arrogant coach

who is like listening to paint dry when talking

Good for them. Good luck in the playoffs, hopefully

unlike my sucky Broncos :(

there is only one team i dislike its led by some arrogant coach

who is like listening to paint dry when talking

Can't say I hate the Broncos...after all it is the Browns that would always choke against them lol. But Cleveland teams are always choking...I've grown accustom to it.

I got over it some time ago. It did take awhile, though. ;)

Talk about heartbreak. Not just once, but three times in four years, at that!

And yes, us Clevelanders are used to seeing our teams not make it. Part of why I'm not one of the ones screaming how it's the end of the world when the Canes lose. Try being a Cleveland fan of the Browns, Indians, or Cavs at various points in history (they all are doing well now, amazingly, but take say the Indians in the 80's, lol) and you'll take even having a chance of making the playoffs just about any time. :lol:

I got over it some time ago. It did take awhile, though. ;)

Talk about heartbreak. Not just once, but three times in four years, at that!

And yes, us Clevelanders are used to seeing our teams not make it. Part of why I'm not one of the ones screaming how it's the end of the world when the Canes lose. Try being a Cleveland fan of the Browns, Indians, or Cavs at various points in history (they all are doing well now, amazingly, but take say the Indians in the 80's, lol) and you'll take even having a chance of making the playoffs just about any time. :lol:

now that I hear you both are true Browns fans, I hope the make it and do well :D

If they ever Beat Gods team I would be very happy

The mentor over his master ;)

I have to work during the dolphins game. grrr.

Dolphins are looking to continue their streak today.

Hehehehehe...... ;)

I have to work during the dolphins game. grrr.

Dolphins are looking to continue their streak today.

Hehehehehe...... ;)

Nah, Miami ruined thier chances to win this game last week. The gods only favor an 0-14 against a 14-0. By winning last week, they ruined any sort of miracle they had going for them.

I thought my Skins playoffs hopes were dead after that 4 game losing streak and the loss of our starting quarterback. Look now....The Skins win three in a row with Todd Collins who has not started in what...10 years.

The game last night against the Vikings was very impressive! To all the Vikings fans talking trash on our boards last week who all said they were going to

There's a reason the Dolphins are pathetic. Granted, this is FAR from the only reason, but there was one play yesterday that stood out above them all to highlight this pitiful fact. And if you watched the game - or maybe the highlights - you know the one I'm talking about...

Miami's got the ball 4th and Goal at the 1 with nothing to lose, so they go for it. So far, so good. It was a good idea until they broke the huddle. Cleo Lemon - middle name redacted - takes the snap and has nobody open, so he makes for the corner of the end zone and has Mike Vrabel BEAT to the pylon. Lemon charges for the goal line as Vrabel unsuccessfully tries to run him down. The quarterback gets to the pylon... and RUNS OUT OF BOUNDS!! Where's the dive to the corner? If he switches hands, sure, Vrabel is close enough to perhaps knock the ball free, but USE TWO HANDS!! Do ANYTHING but run out of bounds at the 8 inch line.

If I actually cared about this team anymore, there would've been a remote control, a watch, and/or random house decor whipped against a wall after that play. Not because we might have won the game - because that wasn't happening - but because as your team's starting QB, you HAVE to make that play. You HAVE to take the hit to get the six. That's how football works. That's how the NFL works. Fortunately for my remote, watch, and/or house decor, I gave up on this team long ago. I'm not ashamed to admit that, or the fact that I was actively pulling for them to go 0-16, which they couldn't even do right. Hopefully with Parcells coming aboard, heads will roll. But I say that with guarded optimism. Even Tuna kept Quincy Carter around for a year in Dallas, I do believe.

I have to agree about that I was wondering where the dive was or why he didn't stick out his arm. Also I wonder if Cam made the right call at the end of the 2nd quarter. I really do feel like the fins had a chance to win this game, if we came out stronger on defense we would have had a greater chance. The dolphins were inches away from having this game 21-28

I thought my Skins playoffs hopes were dead after that 4 game losing streak and the loss of our starting quarterback. Look now....The Skins win three in a row with Todd Collins who has not started in what...10 years.

The game last night against the Vikings was very impressive! To all the Vikings fans talking trash on our boards last week who all said they were going to

I have to agree about that I was wondering where the dive was or why he didn't stick out his arm. Also I wonder if Cam made the right call at the end of the 2nd quarter. I really do feel like the fins had a chance to win this game, if we came out stronger on defense we would have had a greater chance. The dolphins were inches away from having this game 21-28

*staying very quiet*

Agreed about Lemon running out of bounds....what on earth was he thinking?

*staying very quiet*

Agreed about Lemon running out of bounds....what on earth was he thinking?