The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

There's a reason the Dolphins are pathetic. Granted, this is FAR from the only reason, but there was one play yesterday that stood out above them all to highlight this pitiful fact. And if you watched the game - or maybe the highlights - you know the one I'm talking about...

Miami's got the ball 4th and Goal at the 1 with nothing to lose, so they go for it. So far, so good. It was a good idea until they broke the huddle. Cleo Lemon - middle name redacted - takes the snap and has nobody open, so he makes for the corner of the end zone and has Mike Vrabel BEAT to the pylon. Lemon charges for the goal line as Vrabel unsuccessfully tries to run him down. The quarterback gets to the pylon... and RUNS OUT OF BOUNDS!! Where's the dive to the corner? If he switches hands, sure, Vrabel is close enough to perhaps knock the ball free, but USE TWO HANDS!! Do ANYTHING but run out of bounds at the 8 inch line.

If I actually cared about this team anymore, there would've been a remote control, a watch, and/or random house decor whipped against a wall after that play. Not because we might have won the game - because that wasn't happening - but because as your team's starting QB, you HAVE to make that play. You HAVE to take the hit to get the six. That's how football works. That's how the NFL works. Fortunately for my remote, watch, and/or house decor, I gave up on this team long ago. I'm not ashamed to admit that, or the fact that I was actively pulling for them to go 0-16, which they couldn't even do right. Hopefully with Parcells coming aboard, heads will roll. But I say that with guarded optimism. Even Tuna kept Quincy Carter around for a year in Dallas, I do believe.

as a fan of the NFL, IMO Miami should trade down to get more first round picks

they have a player in Dallas possibly with 2 first rounders.

they have not quit at least and you can take solace in that.

*staying very quiet*

Agreed about Lemon running out of bounds....what on earth was he thinking?

Damn Pats did not cover for me Grrrrrrrr

they looked like crap in the 2nd half

brady was forcing to Moss to much.

the opening line vs NYG is 14.5 way too high.

hope it drops to 13.5 then I will feel better.

I cant see them losing to Eli who I feel will

throw at least two picks vs NE next week.

the real super bowl will be on Jan 20 vs the Colts IMO

unless an act of God happens or something.

the Jags would have a slight chance and NE would Kill Pitt, SD or any other WC type team.

the Jags would have a slight chance and NE would Kill Pitt, SD or any other WC type team.

I hope they don't get too hung up on breaking records next week. Obviously teams are triple coverng Moss and trying their best (somewhat successfully)to smother Brady. At least coach Hoodie has a lot to keep them focused with this week, no complacency allowed at this point.

I hope they don't get too hung up on breaking records next week. Obviously teams are triple coverng Moss and trying their best (somewhat successfully)to smother Brady. At least coach Hoodie has a lot to keep them focused with this week, no complacency allowed at this point.

3 days and counting...

I'm so so so ready. I would say good luck top but I don't think your team needs any of that with all the skill that they got going on. I'm just really excited about Todd Collins right now. He has really looked good the past three games. 3-0 baby!

Ugh. Whether or not the Browns make the playoffs depends totally on how Tennessee does. If they win, the Browns are out. If they lose, the Browns are in. Doesn't matter how the Browns do themselves.

So, uh, go Indy? :huh:

Ugh. Whether or not the Browns make the playoffs depends totally on how Tennessee does. If they win, the Browns are out. If they lose, the Browns are in. Doesn't matter how the Browns do themselves.

Isn't it annoying when your team has no control of its own destiny?

I'm a Cleveland fan. I'm used to it! :lol:

They should have won this last week, though, which would have sealed it for them. So many people give Anderson (their QB) so much credit for this season, but he's had major problems with interceptions the whole season, and if he hadn't thrown 4 interceptions the Browns would have won. They almost came back and won it as was, but he'd already dug them too deep. I just hope Quinn is ready to step in next year, or they get some other very good QB at the very least. Then watch out for the Browns! ;)

This just seems to be something with Cleveland teams this year. The Cavs made it to the finals on a lucky streak, but just couldn't finish it. Then the Indians probably would have won the World Series if it weren't for the Red Sox (I was saying from the start whoever won the AL pennant would win the Series regardless of the media buildup of Arizona). Now the Browns. Knowing the Cleveland luck they'll squeak into the playoffs and go all the way to the AFC championship to get beat by the Pats.

Maybe the Cavs could then continue the streak and lose to the Celtics in the Eastern Conference championship, so every team just misses the big game to a Boston team? :lol:

They should have won this last week, though, which would have sealed it for them. So many people give Anderson (their QB) so much credit for this season, but he's had major problems with interceptions the whole season, and if he hadn't thrown 4 interceptions the Browns would have won. They almost came back and won it as was, but he'd already dug them too deep. I just hope Quinn is ready to step in next year, or they get some other very good QB at the very least. Then watch out for the Browns! ;)

This just seems to be something with Cleveland teams this year. The Cavs made it to the finals on a lucky streak, but just couldn't finish it. Then the Indians probably would have won the World Series if it weren't for the Red Sox (I was saying from the start whoever won the AL pennant would win the Series regardless of the media buildup of Arizona). Now the Browns. Knowing the Cleveland luck they'll squeak into the playoffs and go all the way to the AFC championship to get beat by the Pats.

Maybe the Cavs could then continue the streak and lose to the Celtics in the Eastern Conference championship, so every team just misses the big game to a Boston team? :lol:

Im working real hard here to not respond ;)

Im working real hard here to not respond ;)

Figured you wouldn't mind hearing that. ;)

Hey, just hope it isn't my luck behind it all and the Canes lose to the Bruins in the ECFs!

We can agree on this.

Hey, just hope it isn't my luck behind it all and the Canes lose to the Bruins in the ECFs!

We can agree on this.

if either team actually makes the playoffs :huh:

both look kinda sucky now.

and for the NFL I do not see the Pats losing to NYG with history on the line

Eli Manning will throw 2 picks before the backups are in.

Pats 27 Jints 10

Pats 27 Jints 10

Will Brady get his 2 TD's, and will Randy Moss get his?

Pats 27 Jints 10

Will Brady get his 2 TD's, and will Randy Moss get his?