The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

The only way I'll be okay with the Patriots going undefeated in the regular season is if Peyton Manning eats them when they meet in the playoffs.

I mean that literally.

I just hope Gods team loses before Feb :P

Go Giants, I know I am reaching but you never know

just cova baby

28 hours and counting..... ^_^

Just tell Bill no cameras this time at Giants Stadium :P I'm only kidding

Pats will win...I'm not even gonna bother watching this. Eli Manning is awful and the Giants D won't know what to do because as much as i hate to say it... the Pats are the best team ever at disguising their offense sets.

I'm a Cleveland fan. I'm used to it! :lol:

They should have won this last week, though, which would have sealed it for them. So many people give Anderson (their QB) so much credit for this season, but he's had major problems with interceptions the whole season, and if he hadn't thrown 4 interceptions the Browns would have won. They almost came back and won it as was, but he'd already dug them too deep. I just hope Quinn is ready to step in next year, or they get some other very good QB at the very least. Then watch out for the Browns! ;)

This just seems to be something with Cleveland teams this year. The Cavs made it to the finals on a lucky streak, but just couldn't finish it. Then the Indians probably would have won the World Series if it weren't for the Red Sox (I was saying from the start whoever won the AL pennant would win the Series regardless of the media buildup of Arizona). Now the Browns. Knowing the Cleveland luck they'll squeak into the playoffs and go all the way to the AFC championship to get beat by the Pats.

Maybe the Cavs could then continue the streak and lose to the Celtics in the Eastern Conference championship, so every team just misses the big game to a Boston team? :lol:

If that happened I would hate every Boston team, no offense to their fans of course lol.

If that happened I would hate every Boston team, no offense to their fans of course lol.

No joke! Me too!

Just the kind of stuff us Cleveland fans tend to know all too well though, unfortunately. :lol:

No joke! Me too!

Just the kind of stuff us Cleveland fans tend to know all too well though, unfortunately. :lol:

Yep...all I can say is its a good thing I'm a Canes fan, cause thats my only team that can get it done in the playoffs, if it weren't for them winning the Cup in 06 I think I would have gone nuts.

Okay Top...10 more hours until your game. The game you have been waiting for. NFL records will be broken tonight...this I'm sure of!

My game...30 more hours and counting. If you happen to see an F-150 around Raleigh loaded with Skins flags and magnets, it's me! Any other Skins fans out there that would like to watch the game with other Skins fans, we are meeting at Champs at Triangle Town Center. We had a good turn out the last time we played the Cowboys but of course just as many Cowgirl fans were there but we all had a good time.

Okay Top...10 more hours until your game. The game you have been waiting for. NFL records will be broken tonight...this I'm sure of!

My game...30 more hours and counting. If you happen to see an F-150 around Raleigh loaded with Skins flags and magnets, it's me! Any other Skins fans out there that would like to watch the game with other Skins fans, we are meeting at Champs at Triangle Town Center. We had a good turn out the last time we played the Cowboys but of course just as many Cowgirl fans were there but we all had a good time.

9 hours and 15 minutes...but who's keeping track ;)

9 hours and 15 minutes...but who's keeping track ;)

I found a good write up by Mike Wise.

About Todd Collins....

"The idea of a player whom no one had heard of in the past decade -- outside of perhaps Kansas City and Buffalo -- matching up against telegenic Tony Romo or, who knows, future Hall of Famer Brett Favre in a couple of weeks has tremendous potential as a story line

For the dreamers among us who know the NFC is for the taking, who could resist stately, old St. Joe against that dastardly villain Bill Belichick? All of it remains possible if the Redskins can get by Dallas. "

And this says it all....

"This is the biggest game for the Redskins in the FedEx Field era. This is easily the biggest game of Gibbs's second tenure with the franchise.

Win and they're in. Beat the Cowboys and it becomes instant validation of how Gibbs has miraculously righted this ship that was headed into the abyss less than a month ago.

Not only that, a victory over Dallas makes the possibilities extend far greater than just a wild-card playoff game.

A victory over Dallas creates the potential for making the Redskins a national conversation piece. It makes the Redskins the feel-good story of the NFL playoffs. The Cowboys might not have anything to play for tomorrow, other than perhaps getting a look at their foe two weeks from now. To get to a place where the Redskins could even attempt to think about being a game away from the NFC championship, they have to win tomorrow."

The article...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...?nav=rss_sports

I'm disappointed. I was kinda hoping Brady would have to face the Giants top D, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Strahan would have had Brady in the turf all night long.

What were you saying about Strahan and the Giant's D??????

I'm disappointed. I was kinda hoping Brady would have to face the Giants top D, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Strahan would have had Brady in the turf all night long.

They're doing their job. There were some questionable calls (to say the least) that handed the momentum to the Pats. It's a conspiracy.

They're doing their job. There were some questionable calls (to say the least) that handed the momentum to the Pats. It's a conspiracy.

C'mon, no credit at all?

C'mon, no credit at all?

C'mon, no credit at all?

For some of the previous games. The same questionable calls came against the Ravens. So, I'll give Brady and the Pats credit for 14 games.

But I'm really indifferent to the Pats. I hate Moss. I'm indifferent to Brady because he makes Welker (who I like) look so good.

Well, Eli played his best game of the year IMO. Seems like his offense lost focus.

Can we please not hear the NYNY song anymore???? Didn't work out too well for the Yankees either.

Well, Eli played his best game of the year IMO. Seems like his offense lost focus.

Can we please not hear the NYNY song anymore???? Didn't work out too well for the Yankees either.

Good game. Giants played their hearts out and sacrificed for this one. I couldn't be any happier that Mike Vrable ends the game recovering the onside kick, he deserves it.

All the haters will now be rooting for a loss in the playoffs....bring it on.

Good game. Giants played their hearts out and sacrificed for this one. I couldn't be any happier that Mike Vrable ends the game recovering the onside kick, he deserves it.

All the haters will now be rooting for a loss in the playoffs....bring it on.

It just seems fitting that the Pats leave the stadium walking by the Jets sign on their way to celebrate the 16-0 season.

It just seems fitting that the Pats leave the stadium walking by the Jets sign on their way to celebrate the 16-0 season.