The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

As an aside, things like this are why I cant Stand Bill Bellichek. I have always thought of him as a former

columnist put him as "pond scum"

According to a league source, the Patriots have released David Herron, barely a week after signing him as retribution for the Vikings inking tight end Garrett Mills

Is it odd that I care more about the Bengals than the Panthers? I don't really follow the NFL in the first place, but if the Bengals are playing, I'll sit around and watch it. Not so with any other team.

I dunno where this fascination with them came from.

Is it odd that I care more about the Bengals than the Panthers? I don't really follow the NFL in the first place, but if the Bengals are playing, I'll sit around and watch it. Not so with any other team.

I dunno where this fascination with them came from.

I was a huge fan of the bengals growing up as well, not really sure why, must have been the helmets lol.

That's probably part of it. How lucky were they in that game against the Ravens? Baltimore gets 8 chances for the tying/gamewinning TD, and somehow the ball is intercepted? Crazy.

That's probably part of it. How lucky were they in that game against the Ravens? Baltimore gets 8 chances for the tying/gamewinning TD, and somehow the ball is intercepted? Crazy.

They actually caught a huge break on the first pass interference call on Heap. That was a bad call

Then Balt gets a makeup call for first and goal again and Boller whips a fasball off of Heaps hands

and it gets picked.

I also enjoy the Bengals because they are fun to watch, unlike the paint dry Ravens

This just in from ESPN.com front page:

"Belichick Fined; Pats Lose Pick

Bill Belichick was hit with a $500,000 fine Thursday night -- the maximum allowable by NFL by-laws -- for violating the league's policy on videotaping the Jets defensive signs Sunday. In addition, Roger Goodell notified the Patriots that they would forfeit a 2008 first-round draft choice if they reach the playoffs, or second- and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs. The club was also fined $250,000. "

You guys are really enjoying this, aren't you? :(

I am not enjoying it topshelf, yes I cant stand Bellicheck and the Pats but they

did get what they deserve, especially when always saying how they are the

model franshise and only show class etc.

hey we all make mistakes move on. Remember you have a great team

and I would not be suprised if the pats smoke SD this week because of it.

Denver had some picks taken away years ago for being on the Cap, so

all of our teams have flaws.

For panther fans, I bring up Ray Carruth so we all have our skeletons in the closet

not team is without warts etc, but i don think the Pat Patriot logo with the camera is funny :lol:

You guys are really enjoying this, aren't you? :(

Kinda yeah, but I think it's about time the NFL puts it foot down on all the CRAP for a lack of a better PG word that has been going on.

The NFL's image wasn't exactly shining after this summer between Pacman and Vick, and the squeaky clean pats get busted for cheating. (Apparently this has been going on for a while, the jets were just the first to report it and get proof).

Heads need to start rolling or no one is going to change their behaviors. To be honest, I would have axed him from the league, but then again I hate the pats... But if you knew you could be banned for such actions would you do it? Let alone his legacy as a couch is now tainted with the what ifs.

Bill was absolutely insanely stupid for doing this. I mean, I can see someone from Cleveland Browns, or Oakland stooping to this to get some sort of advantage in winning ( should still be viewed just as bad, just not as stupid), but the Pats are superbowl contenders, have the best team on paper and on the field, and this is how he shows his confidence in his team? By cheating? STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Kinda yeah, but I think it's about time the NFL puts it foot down on all the CRAP for a lack of a better PG word that has been going on.

The NFL's image wasn't exactly shining after this summer between Pacman and Vick, and the squeaky clean pats get busted for cheating. (Apparently this has been going on for a while, the jets were just the first to report it and get proof).

Heads need to start rolling or no one is going to change their behaviors. To be honest, I would have axed him from the league, but then again I hate the pats... But if you knew you could be banned for such actions would you do it? Let alone his legacy as a couch is now tainted with the what ifs.

Bill was absolutely insanely stupid for doing this. I mean, I can see someone from Cleveland Browns, or Oakland stooping to this to get some sort of advantage in winning ( should still be viewed just as bad, just not as stupid), but the Pats are superbowl contenders, have the best team on paper and on the field, and this is how he shows his confidence in his team? By cheating? STUPID STUPID STUPID!

if he got banned, the pond scum I would rejoice.

:lol:

You're pretty harsh but I guess its deserved.

Not really harsh, I just have been for a number of years very sick of

hearing how great Bellichek is and the pats only get Character players etc.

or how Randy Moss wont quit because Bellicheck wont let him.

Remember I live in Boston where a lot of Pats fan for the most part are so arrogant

about things. We are the model franshise. Best of all time. City of Champinons etc.

When Denver Beat them in 05, it was the refs fault etc. They whined about it for

a year afterwards.

Its all bs to be frank. Bellichek has been a jerk since his days in Cleveland

and I will never think otherwise.

I respect a lot of the pats including Brady, Brushchi, Vrabel, Watson, Seymour, Jarvis Green, Wilfork and Seau.

I am not saying other teams have not done this, I am sure they have. They just did not get caught that is all.

The picture are a joke so it is not a slam on anyone. Sorry if I offended.

My main gripe is with Bellicheck, Harrison and Moss (not from in NE but his days as a quitter in Minny/Oak)

There's no denying that those labels have been put on the Pats but you have to give a lot of the blame to the media for feeding the stories. I'm not saying that the fans and the team didn't start worshipping their own press clippings a little too closely but its the media and the sports world that gave them elite status and the titles "model franchise", "city of champions" and "character players".

As a Boston fan myself, I definitely agree that we're totally spoiled with great teams (sorry Bruins) right now. You know it hasn't always been this way and the fans have logged a lot of miles through some pretty dismal seasons to get here. There's no excuse for arrogance because things can change any minute in sports, and a once dominating team can fall far from grace quickly (and just maybe one that's fallen can regain some of its prior success *coughBruinscough*).

I'm betting there's a lot more to this story that will come out over time. If rules are broken and you get caught, then you pay the penalty. I'd like to hear the other side of the story but I guess I'll be waiting like every other disappointed Pats fan. The one thing I'm very sure of is that Michael Vick has now become the Pat's biggest fan. And....just to show I'm a good sport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

There's no denying that those labels have been put on the Pats but you have to give a lot of the blame to the media for feeding the stories. I'm not saying that the fans and the team didn't start worshipping their own press clippings a little too closely but its the media and the sports world that gave them elite status and the titles "model franchise", "city of champions" and "character players".

As a Boston fan myself, I definitely agree that we're totally spoiled with great teams (sorry Bruins) right now. You know it hasn't always been this way and the fans have logged a lot of miles through some pretty dismal seasons to get here. There's no excuse for arrogance because things can change any minute in sports, and a once dominating team can fall far from grace quickly (and just maybe one that's fallen can regain some of its prior success *coughBruinscough*).

I'm betting there's a lot more to this story that will come out over time. If rules are broken and you get caught, then you pay the penalty. I'd like to hear the other side of the story but I guess I'll be waiting like every other disappointed Pats fan. The one thing I'm very sure of is that Michael Vick has now become the Pat's biggest fan. And....just to show I'm a good sport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

This is meant as a joke, please dont get mad but, I think this is funny.

PatriotsNewLogo.jpg

I'm back! Thank you medford for the laughs. Your awesome. I really needed this. I hope you don't mind but I printed this and I'm mailing it to my borther-in-law who is a huge Patriots fan too. Sorry top your team is taking a beating over this.

I'm back! Thank you medford for the laughs. Your awesome. I really needed this. I hope you don't mind but I printed this and I'm mailing it to my borther-in-law who is a huge Patriots fan too. Sorry top your team is taking a beating over this.

No I dont mind at all :lol:

rember all in good fun, its only sports