The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

won't last

they are miserable this year

in fact, I'm pissed they won as many games as they did... should have thrown many of them to get a better draft pick

speaking of that....

we should get either Colt Brennan or Matt Ryan.....we need a good backup QB, as has been made obvious this year.

speaking of that....

we should get either Colt Brennan or Matt Ryan.....we need a good backup QB, as has been made obvious this year.

I think we are good with Moore... he's been pretty good in the games he started for us this year, but if you're looking for the future, then certainly Matt Ryan would be nice... Unfortunately, neither of those 2 you mentioned will be available when the Panthers have their turn...

By the way... whatever happened to Dwayne Jarrett? He was supposed to be a beast for us this year and I haven't heard of him at all.

What the Panthers really need is a power back and some help on defense. We can afford to trade away either Foster or Williams to get a power back in the draft. Just someone who can pound it through the middle and get 3-4 yards per gain. We also need some help on defense. A good, solid LB would be great for our defense, and drafting someone like a Xavier Adibi or Vince Hall (both out of VT) would be ideal.

Lets take Chris Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd round as a VERY strong running back. i think he would love to stay here in CAR.

you are right, moore has been very good, much better than obviously anticipated, or they wouldnt have picked up Testaverde. But glad to see the big test get one last chance at success. Moore I have a feeling, will be the back up next year if we dont get Brennan or Ryan. Somehow, we need to drop Carr, or try and trade him for someone.....

back to the game.....we score....24-20

That was a great snap :rolleyes:

As for Chris(t) Johnson, I dunno. We're pretty set for running backs.

so trade Carr and a RB for someone else at another position we need, and take CJ lol...he is a beast and could single-handedly take over that position, much like that guy on the Patriots who came in from the U of Minnesota Gophers, the guy with the long hair...name skips my mind right now.

Id love to see CJ stay in this state. bottom line lol. but my priorities are much different than those of the CP staff.

so trade Carr and a RB for someone else at another position we need, and take CJ lol...he is a beast and could single-handedly take over that position, much like that guy on the Patriots who came in from the U of Minnesota Gophers, the guy with the long hair...name skips my mind right now.

Id love to see CJ stay in this state. bottom line lol. but my priorities are much different than those of the CP staff.

I'd also like to have Johnson, but we're pretty much set with Williams and Foster. I don't see us trying to pick him up.

ha, well I guess the commentators just answered my question about the RBs, or, well, backed you up Frog....no need to get him if they have that "1-2 punch" lol.....but yeah....who are some other QBs that will be available other than Ryan or Brennan, just in case they arent available. and how bout a WR?

Lets take Chris Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd round as a VERY strong running back. i think he would love to stay here in CAR.

you are right, moore has been very good, much better than obviously anticipated, or they wouldnt have picked up Testaverde. But glad to see the big test get one last chance at success. Moore I have a feeling, will be the back up next year if we dont get Brennan or Ryan. Somehow, we need to drop Carr, or try and trade him for someone.....

back to the game.....we score....24-20

Carr will probably be released...

As I said, neither Ryan nor Brennan will be available when our turn comes around. I'd have to see how the draft order will be looking to get a good idea on who we should draft, but I'd like to see us pick up an all-around solid LB (either Hall or Adibi... Hall 1st, then Adibi... but its really 6 in one, half dozen another) then use our 2nd pick on a quality power RB, then try to just get some depth at other areas.

I mean, if our players get it together next year, we could be very good, but that means Peppers has to get it going. And if we can somehow get Jarrett to show up next year and be the man we drafted him to be, we'll be set. Especially with Delhomme and Moore as our 1-2.

Carr will probably be released...

As I said, neither Ryan nor Brennan will be available when our turn comes around. I'd have to see how the draft order will be looking to get a good idea on who we should draft, but I'd like to see us pick up an all-around solid LB (either Hall or Adibi... Hall 1st, then Adibi... but its really 6 in one, half dozen another) then use our 2nd pick on a quality power RB, then try to just get some depth at other areas.

I mean, if our players get it together next year, we could be very good, but that means Peppers has to get it going. And if we can somehow get Jarrett to show up next year and be the man we drafted him to be, we'll be set. Especially with Delhomme and Moore as our 1-2.

Yeah, see I was thinking the RB position as well....CHRIS JOHNSON from ECU lol....but apparently no one else thinks we need him lol. there are definitely other teams he could go to that he could be a starter right away, but with Williams and....frick...whats his name....we must not need him.

Touchdown Panthers! DeAngelo Williams

About the RB situation... what good is a 1-2 RB punch when they are both the same type of player? Its one thing if you can have a power back and then a shift guy, its another thing if they are both shifty guys. The defense doesn't have to change to block either of them.

Now, if we are confident that Williams will be a power guy for us in the future, then lets wait another year before we make that move, but if he isn't, maybe we need to look at dumping one of the 2 so we can get that type of 1-2 punch that will work to our benefit. Its what got us to the SuperBowl.

Touchdown Panthers! DeAngelo Williams

About the RB situation... what good is a 1-2 RB punch when they are both the same type of player? Its one thing if you can have a power back and then a shift guy, its another thing if they are both shifty guys. The defense doesn't have to change to block either of them.

Now, if we are confident that Williams will be a power guy for us in the future, then lets wait another year before we make that move, but if he isn't, maybe we need to look at dumping one of the 2 so we can get that type of 1-2 punch that will work to our benefit. Its what got us to the SuperBowl.

yup, said that above ^.....drop one with Carr in a trade and pick up CJ....he is very versatile....a Devon Hester type player.

I think we are good with Moore... he's been pretty good in the games he started for us this year, but if you're looking for the future, then certainly Matt Ryan would be nice... Unfortunately, neither of those 2 you mentioned will be available when the Panthers have their turn...

By the way... whatever happened to Dwayne Jarrett? He was supposed to be a beast for us this year and I haven't heard of him at all.

What the Panthers really need is a power back and some help on defense. We can afford to trade away either Foster or Williams to get a power back in the draft. Just someone who can pound it through the middle and get 3-4 yards per gain. We also need some help on defense. A good, solid LB would be great for our defense, and drafting someone like a Xavier Adibi or Vince Hall (both out of VT) would be ideal.

imo panthers just need Jake Dellome to be heathy. If he was you were are playoff team iMO

4-2 before the injury to him 3-5 without him, plain and simple

There you go, the silver lining.

I ended up going 10-6 and winning the pool with a 142-113 record

I hung on where my next competetior went 13-3

and finished with 140-116 (I did not pick the first game of the year, not knowing about the pool at the time)

The Bengals, Redskins and Cardinals were my biggest wins

and that sucky blue and orange team won one game in a row :lol: with some luck

and finished with 140-116 (I did not pick the first game of the year, not knowing about the pool at the time)

And at least your Broncos went out with a bang yesterday :)

And at least your Broncos went out with a bang yesterday :)