The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

And at least your Broncos went out with a bang yesterday :)

they should have worn Notre Dame unis as they were very lucky to win :lol:

Minny fumbled a TD thru the End Zone for a touchback

they also dropped a 65 yarder that would have been a TD

I hope Den can revamp its team and get back to 10 wins again

they need a whole new defense except for Champ

we shall see.

now will NE be playing the Jags ( I think) or will

Tenn upset SD or will they play Pitt. They cant play SD until the Champ game

due to seeding, if SD gets that far.

I see Jax and SD winning

Pitt is too banged up and Tenn is too inconsistent

in the NFC I see Wash beating Sea (at least i hope so)

and the Giants upsetting Tampa,

we shall see.

And at least your Broncos went out with a bang yesterday :)

So did the Browns, even if they got knocked out by Tennessee. Bah!

The playoffs would be much more interesting if they'd have made it, even if you aren't a Browns fan. At least their offense could compete with any of the teams (even NE), while their defense would let the other team make it exciting. :lol:

Oh well, on to next year and hopefully an even better season.

The playoffs would be much more interesting if they'd have made it, even if you aren't a Browns fan. At least their offense could compete with any of the teams (even NE), while their defense would let the other team make it exciting. :lol:

Im not one to talk cause the NE defense actually helped make the Giants game look pretty exciting :rolleyes:

And Happy Birthday Pirate Caniac! A New Year's baby?

Im not one to talk cause the NE defense actually helped make the Giants game look pretty exciting :rolleyes:

:lol:

Thanks! Yep, sure am! Or was, getting to be longer and longer ago. :P

I ended up going 10-6 and winning the pool with a 142-113 record

I hung on where my next competetior went 13-3

and finished with 140-116 (I did not pick the first game of the year, not knowing about the pool at the time)

168-88 for me, thank you very much. B)

Yay skins made the playoffs, in all likelyhood I'm only going to feel good about this until Sunday 12 pm.... after that... who knows

Yes they did make it!! ahhhhhh! What a great way to start the New Year. Like Clinton Portis said, everyone is 0 and 0 going into the playoffs, everyone starts fresh. I'm really happy for Todd Collins (4-0). The team has really come together. Bring on the Seahawks.

Okay you football fans. It's just about time for some great football. This weekend we will see the best teams battle it out for a run to the Super Bowl. Here are some of my picks. Post your thoughts and predictions about your team.

Skins vs Seahawks-

The skins are on an emotional roll with the loss of Shawn Taylor who was killed during a burglary in his home. The skins lost their starting quarterback, Jason Campbell to an injury. He was replaced by Collins who hadn't started in 10 years. Since then, the Skins are on a 4 game winning streak with quarterback Todd Collins. The team has really come together and started playing as a team.

The Seahawks clinched the AFC West back on Dec 9th. The Seahawks lost two of their final three games as they rested regulars and prepared more for the playoffs. The Seahawks have a good home record this year. They only lost one game and that was to the Saints.

I think this will be a tough game for the Skins but if they play like they have the past 4 games, they should take the Seahawks.

The rest of my predictions are:

Steelers vs Jaguars.....I think the Jags will take this one. One reason is because Steelers loss of Willie Parker (huge loss). The Jags have won 6 of their last 7 games. That loss was to the Colts in a 28-25 battle. The Jags also beat the Steelers this year by a touch down and extra pt. I really don't see the Steelers doing any harm to the Jags.

Giants vs Buccaneers...I like what I saw from the Giants last week against (who was that team they played again...uhh..Oh yea) Pats (just kidding top). However with that said, the Giants lost I think 3 good players from that game so I'm not sure they will have that power we saw last week. The Buccs have Jeff Garcia who took the Giants out of the playoffs last year so I will have to go with the Buccs on this one.

Titants vs Chargers....all I'm going to say is I'm a huge Philip Rivers fan! The Titants looked good last week but I can't go against Rivers (only if he is playing against the skins). Anyway, the Charges looked good all year. They won their last 6 games which included a win against the Titants back on Dec 9th. I don't know if any of you saw that game (I did...great game) but the Charges were like down 17 to 3 in the 4th and the Charges came back to defeat them 23 to 17 in OT.

These are just some of my predictions. Good luck to your teams and "Let

I really wanted Pit to win. Not sure I feel too comfortable with playing Jax. I guess I'll see who we get tomorrow.

I really wanted Pit to win. Not sure I feel too comfortable with playing Jax. I guess I'll see who we get tomorrow.

I wanted them to win too. It is just not my night for sports <_<

im glad i knew the skins would tick me off lol makes it hurt less :(

Well, I'm lost for words this morning. Like I said before the game, the Skins would win if they played like they did the past 4 games. Bottom line, they dropped the bomb on themselves. They shot their own foot on this one. Just ULGY! The worst I have seen them play in awhile. The Hawks d was really good however not that good. Collins threw several beautiful passes in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd but we could not hold on to the ball for completion.

What really did it for me is in the 4th, we were up 14-13 and we intercepted the ball. We get to the 30 yard line and we count on Syisham for a field goal. HE MISSED! At this point I ask the bar tender to bring me 3 long island ice teas and drink them straight. I knew it was over after that. To the stranger that sat next to me at the bar from New Jersey who is a huge Giants fan, thanks for calling me a cab and making sure I got home okay.

I sit here with my Starbucks this am with the tears still coming. I reflect over the highs and lows of this season. I conclude I can't be disappointed in MY team this year. They/We went through a lot. Shoot, according to ESPN before the season, we were not in any shape or form making the playoffs. We did! We fooled them all.

My hat goes off to you hogs! Thank you for a magical season and given us hope when no one else saw any. Thank you for inspiring us and not quitting after the Bills game. It would have been so easy to just quit after that but you didn't. Thanks for giving us fans something to believe in, each and ever game. This year, you gained more than any championship would ever give you. You gained a FAMILY. Pick those heads up because you have nothing to be ashamed of. We fans are proud of you guys.

So as you stand there looking at Sean Taylors locker one last time as the tears pour down and ask "what now?". I believe Taylor would say "carry on, carry on".

I close with this photo of Taylor "looking on" as I believe he is still watching over us Skins; You will never be forgotten Taylor:

lookingontaylor.jpg