The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

This is really for Medford but I thought since most of you are Patriot haters, Id share this joke my Mother-in-law sent me....

A man decided to write a book about Churches around the country. He

started by flying to San Francisco and started working east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was

intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute."

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign.

The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line

to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Dallas, St. Louis,

Chicago, Milwaukee and all around the United States, he found more

phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Massachusetts...

Upon entering a church in Boston...........Behold - he saw the usual golden telephone.

But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: $0.35 cents."

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, I have been in cities

all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone

and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God,

but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute.

Your sign reads only $0.35 cents a call. Why?

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied:

"Son, you're in Boston, Massachusetts now, home of the Red Sox, the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Boston College!

You're in God's Country, It's a local call."

That is funny but you have to get rid of the Bruins and BC :lol:

Boston is eh.....ok. they've gotten lucky this year with the Celtics. the pats are amazing (whether legitimate or not, that is yet to be decided). the Bruins are so-so. BC is great in Hockey and Football....nuthin much other than that.....Red Sox....well, they are pretty good.

Boston is eh.....ok. they've gotten lucky this year with the Celtics. the pats are amazing (whether legitimate or not, that is yet to be decided). the Bruins are so-so. BC is great in Hockey and Football....nuthin much other than that.....Red Sox....well, they are pretty good.

I hope we can beat that so-so team tomorrow, as we are so-so as well lately :(

BC is great in hockey and a choke team in football. The had their chance the last 2 years to go to a BCS game and blew it.

Gods team is great, even though I hate them lol

The Celts look great as well, hope they continue.

The Sox are good as well, I like them so the obnoxious fans dont bug me as much LOL :lol::lol:

And the salt gets poured on our wound! Joe Gibbs resigns! Guess I can go ahead and expect a rotten season next year. As the old people say, "when it rains it pours". Can't say I blame him. His grandson was recently dignosed with leukemia so he should spend more time with his family.

"he made an overnight trip to North Carolina on Sunday to be with his family, interrupting the postseason routine of meetings that usually follow the final game of the season."

I wounder what hospital his grandson is at, UNC or Duke? I wish him well and would like to say thanks coach for all the great years you have given us.

Thanks for the three NFL titles. NO one can ever take that away from us. Enjoy your family. They need you more than we do.

http://www.wral.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2269292/

And the salt gets poured on our wound! Joe Gibbs resigns! Guess I can go ahead and expect a rotten season next year. As the old people say, "when it rains it pours". Can't say I blame him. His grandson was recently dignosed with leukemia so he should spend more time with his family.

"he made an overnight trip to North Carolina on Sunday to be with his family, interrupting the postseason routine of meetings that usually follow the final game of the season."

I wounder what hospital his grandson is at, UNC or Duke? I wish him well and would like to say thanks coach for all the great years you have given us.

Thanks for the three NFL titles. NO one can ever take that away from us. Enjoy your family. They need you more than we do.

http://www.wral.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2269292/''>http://www.wral.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2269292/' target="_blank">http://www.wral.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2269292/[/post]

I wish Joe Gibbs the best he is a class man :)

Good luck to his grandson, hopw he fully recovers.

That's pretty tragic for his grandson and their family. Sure is a lot more to life than pro sports.

That's pretty tragic for his grandson and their family. Sure is a lot more to life than pro sports.

I agree. I think the loss of Sean Taylor made Gibbs realize that there is more to life than the Washington Redskins Football and NASCAR. I wish him and his family well. He gave his best years to the Redskins origination. Now he needs to spend the rest with his family. I'll miss him, the fans will miss him and the team will miss him but he needs to be with his family. I don

I agree. I think the loss of Sean Taylor made Gibbs realize that there is more to life than the Washington Redskins Football and NASCAR. I wish him and his family well. He gave his best years to the Redskins origination. Now he needs to spend the rest with his family. I'll miss him, the fans will miss him and the team will miss him but he needs to be with his family. I don

Looking at this weekend's games, doesn't look to good for the road teams.

JAC @ NE - going to be a tough game, if the jags can stick to their game plan and not make any mistakes they might be able to pull out the upset of the decade. Maybe going in as a gross underdog will motivate them to beat out the pats, nothing would make me happier then seeing the pats lose in the playoffs after a perfect season.

SD @ IND - Depends, if marvin is actually going to play or not. If so, then I suspect it will be a blow out, if not, it will still be a win. I'm on the fence about who I want to win, I like LT and SD, but IND is the best shot at beating the Pats.

SEA @ GB - Stranger things have happened, GB has no excuse to lose this one.

Gmen @ Dallas - I think the giants got a shot at beating Dallas, who have been meandering around since clinching 1st in the NFC. Depends on Eli more then anything on what happens. Oh and to Romo, no one cares your dating Jessica Simpson, its not that impressive of an accomplishment to nab a woman as stupid as her :P

Looking at this weekend's games, doesn't look to good for the road teams.

JAC @ NE - going to be a tough game, if the jags can stick to their game plan and not make any mistakes they might be able to pull out the upset of the decade. Maybe going in as a gross underdog will motivate them to beat out the pats, nothing would make me happier then seeing the pats lose in the playoffs after a perfect season.

SD @ IND - Depends, if marvin is actually going to play or not. If so, then I suspect it will be a blow out, if not, it will still be a win. I'm on the fence about who I want to win, I like LT and SD, but IND is the best shot at beating the Pats.

SEA @ GB - Stranger things have happened, GB has no excuse to lose this one.

Gmen @ Dallas - I think the giants got a shot at beating Dallas, who have been meandering around since clinching 1st in the NFC. Depends on Eli more then anything on what happens. Oh and to Romo, no one cares your dating Jessica Simpson, its not that impressive of an accomplishment to nab a woman as stupid as her :P

I hope Jax wins, i would be very very happy

I also like Indy, GB and Dallas,

the Jessica Simpson crap is overrated IMO :lol

this is why I hate the herald with this stupid healdline, so freaking cocky

14785866zo6.png

I am now a temporary jags fan. Please beat the patriots

i dont like the Jags, but I like Garrard. GO JAGS!

I am now a temporary jags fan. Please beat the patriots

i dont like the Jags, but I like Garrard. GO JAGS!

14785866zo6.png

Thatnks for posting the Herald Medford, I didn't know that Mirabelli was resigned! C'mon, dont take the Herald so seriously, you know they're known for sensationalizing everything. Gotta out do the Globe with the shock factor.

*here kitty kitty....*

14785866zo6.png

Thatnks for posting the Herald Medford, I didn't know that Mirabelli was resigned! C'mon, dont take the Herald so seriously, you know they're known for sensationalizing everything. Gotta out do the Globe with the shock factor.

*here kitty kitty....*

*here kitty kitty....*

Go look at the opinons of Boston fans on boston.com

they think that this will be a cakewalk

I think they will be sadly mistaken.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/01_09_08_pats_jags_predictions/' target="_blank">http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...gs_predictions/[/post]

I would love to see their arrogance blow up in their faces.

some fans say it will be tough but most think all NE has to do is show up.

I hope Jax plays like Balt as they can are much better than them.

we shall see. I think NE wins by 8 as they are better but

it will be close and Jax covers the spread IMO.