The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Hehehehe.....

God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?"

Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to David Garrard and says, "What do you believe?"

David says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields."

God is greatly moved by David's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"

Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

Hehehehe.....

Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

David says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields."

God is greatly moved by David's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.

Hehehehe.....

Old-macro.jpg

Come now. Changing the names doesn't make the joke funny after hearing it 100+ times. :P

Come now. Changing the names doesn't make the joke funny after hearing it 100+ times. :P

It is to me :). I just love all the emails coming in.

It is to me :). I just love all the emails coming in.

That poor girl may have gotten boo'd, but she defiently got the last laugh at the end of the game with the score ;)

That girl did get the last laugh. Robert Kraft himself was so horrified that she was booed in Indy that he personally invited her and her entire family to Foxboro this weekend to watch the Pats/Chargers games for the AFC champoinship. She'll also be honored on the field prior to the opening coin toss.

Not too shabby for her. Robert Kraft has to be one of the best, if not the best, owners in pro sports. And he also graduated from the same High School as I did ;) .

That poor girl may have gotten boo'd, but she defiently got the last laugh at the end of the game with the score ;)

That girl did get the last laugh. Robert Kraft himself was so horrified that she was booed in Indy that he personally invited her and her entire family to Foxboro this weekend to watch the Pats/Chargers games for the AFC champoinship. She'll also be honored on the field prior to the opening coin toss.

Not too shabby for her. Robert Kraft has to be one of the best, if not the best, owners in pro sports. And he also graduated from the same High School as I did ;) .

That's good for her, a good story and a good outcome. Man, I would love 70,000 to boo me and call me names so I can go watch the AFC championship game.

And Kraft is a good owner and a classy guy, but it was Bills owner Ralph Wilson who kept the Patriots from going bankrupt in the 60's and they wouldn't have their 3 rings today if it wasn't for him ;)

I think as a parent letting your child in front of another crowd with a jersey on that you know full well isnt gonna be taken very well deserves a smack upside the head.

Deserves several smacks upside the head.

Well, me being a CPS social worker maybe CPS should be involed to assess the situation...who knows. But, the article did read that there have been other domestic issues raised before, but no elaboration. Currently the wife has a protective order against the father which prevents him from seeing the child for a certain period of time. Now, here in NC, the order is brought up in court again within 7 days and a CPS worker MUST now be present in the court room for that. To say that he should never be alone with the child again just from the information we know is too premature. Besides, we can learn from our mistakes and make improvements.

Well, me being a CPS social worker maybe CPS should be involed to assess the situation...who knows. But, the article did read that there have been other domestic issues raised before, but no elaboration. Currently the wife has a protective order against the father which prevents him from seeing the child for a certain period of time. Now, here in NC, the order is brought up in court again within 7 days and a CPS worker MUST now be present in the court room for that. To say that he should never be alone with the child again just from the information we know is too premature. Besides, we can learn from our mistakes and make improvements.

So what's he gonna do to the kid if GB loses this weekend? Or what about when the Pats beat them in the Super Bowl ;)

So what's he gonna do to the kid if GB loses this weekend? Or what about when the Pats beat them in the Super Bowl ;)

Well, actually for now that is a mute point for two reasons:

1. There is a currently a protective order from them courts stating he cannot have any contact for now.

2. GB is not going to lose!!!!!!

GO PACKERS!!!!!!

1. There is a currently a protective order from them courts stating he cannot have any contact for now.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!

Good news on #1 but HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA on #2.

Thank you.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!

Good news on #1 but HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA on #2.

Thank you.

Not that anyone cares but here are my thoughts on both games on Sunday

Championship Sunday is to me the best day a football fan can imagine.

I know the Super Bowl is 2 weeks away after this date but to me you get the 4 best teams battling it out to find out who will make it to the Super Bowl. Is the matchup going to be as most think of New England vs Green Bay or can some upsets happen and we end up with San Diego vs the NY Giants.

I fully expect the AFC Championship game to be better than a lot of experts think. Some have said that SD should not even show up as the Pats will win no matter what. I think this is absurd. These so called

Great write up Medford. While we don't agree on our teams, we both agree that we are in for some great football this weekend. I don't see the Pats running away with this game especially if the weather isn't conducive to their passing game. Im also concerned about the Pats defense as it matches up to a strong running game but in the end, I think the Pats will prevail and inevidably meet up with GB in the Super Bowl. Heck, ESPN and all the so-called sports experts already have the Pats/GB Super Bowl being all but advertised as a certainty.

The experience and resurgence of Favre will prove to be an interesting match up with Brady. I think the game will be entertaining but again, in the end, I see the Pats sealing their perfect season 19-0.

Of course I could be very wrong ;)

Great write up Medford. While we don't agree on our teams, we both agree that we are in for some great football this weekend. I don't see the Pats running away with this game especially if the weather isn't conducive to their passing game. Im also concerned about the Pats defense as it matches up to a strong running game but in the end, I think the Pats will prevail and inevidably meet up with GB in the Super Bowl. Heck, ESPN and all the so-called sports experts already have the Pats/GB Super Bowl being all but advertised as a certainty.

The experience and resurgence of Favre will prove to be an interesting match up with Brady. I think the game will be entertaining but again, in the end, I see the Pats sealing their perfect season 19-0.

Of course I could be very wrong ;)