The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

A buddy of mine on another board brought up a VERY good point:

Was that REALLY LT under the pads, coat, helmet and visor? We'll never know.

He started the game, right? I thought I heard that he was benched cause he was too hurt to run.

He started the game, right? I thought I heard that he was benched cause he was too hurt to run.

I don't know WHO that guy sitting on the bench was, because while Rivers is out there limping around in the pocket with a totally screwed up knee making plays in 20 degree temperatures with the AFC Title on the line, LT can't come in on the goal line and make a couple himself? My statement was a silly joke, but you can draw your own conclusions about Tomlinson.

Oh, and the Patriots are 18-0 for a reason: this team has the uncanny ability to make the EXACT play they need to make at the EXACT time they need to make it. Chargers punt the ball with like 8 minutes and change left and NEVER GET IT BACK! New England converts 2 or 3 third downs - including the KILLER 3rd and 11 - and run the clock out. Probably the most understated CLUTCH drive you'll ever see.

I don't know WHO that guy sitting on the bench was, because while Rivers is out there limping around in the pocket with a totally screwed up knee making plays in 20 degree temperatures with the AFC Title on the line, LT can't come in on the goal line and make a couple himself? My statement was a silly joke, but you can draw your own conclusions about Tomlinson.

Oh, and the Patriots are 18-0 for a reason: this team has the uncanny ability to make the EXACT play they need to make at the EXACT time they need to make it. Chargers punt the ball with like 8 minutes and change left and NEVER GET IT BACK! New England converts 2 or 3 third downs - including the KILLER 3rd and 11 - and run the clock out. Probably the most understated CLUTCH drive you'll ever see.

Agreed, glad you noticed cause none of the announcers seem to mention this. These type of drives represent why the Pats dominate other teams in the end, not because of any one player. They know exactly how to close the door when the time comes. The koolaid must taste pretty darn good in Foxboro.

Agreed, glad you noticed cause none of the announcers seem to mention this. These type of drives represent why the Pats dominate other teams in the end, not because of any one player. They know exactly how to close the door when the time comes. The koolaid must taste pretty darn good in Foxboro.

Well, that and their uncanny ability to somehow cause the other team to take a penalty that happens to get them their first down. <_<

At least we can agree on football and hockey.....not so much on baseball though, eh? ;)

2 out of three aint bad. ;)

Watching this game, I think I like our chances better with GB.

At least we can agree on football and hockey.....not so much on baseball though, eh? ;)

2 out of three aint bad. ;)

Watching this game, I think I like our chances better with GB.

Well, that and their uncanny ability to somehow cause the other team to take a penalty that happens to get them their first down. <_<

Don't forget their ability to make other teams somehow forget about coverage... That happened way too much today, the Chargers leaving the Patriots receivers WIDE open for no apparent reason... <_<

Anyways, GO ELI!

What a game!!! Giants could have won it with the FG but missed and they go into OT. This game is far more exciting than the Pats snoozer game was.

What a game!!! Giants could have won it with the FG but missed and they go into OT. This game is far more exciting than the Pats snoozer game was.

The giants.. gotta be kidding me.

Might as well be the LOLphins on Superbowl Sunday now.

Congrats to the Pats on thier whatever # Superbowl theyve already won because Giants sure as heck aint winning.

Giants v. Patriots.

I stand by my original prediciton. Brady can't handle Strahan

I dunno, didn't we handle him the first time?