The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

Will do :lol:

Things I learned after watching that game

1.) The Pats are the favorites to win it all

2.) The only way to cover Randy Moss is to chop off his legs and he'll still be taller than the Bills secondary

3.) Bill Bellichek never looks happy

4.) I never knew it was a monumental accomplishment for a defensive player to get a tackle cough Junior Seau

5) Buffalo is a cursed city for sports. The injuries alone prove this. (Sorry folks)

Will do :lol:

Things I learned after watching that game

1.) The Pats are the favorites to win it all

2.) The only way to cover Randy Moss is to chop off his legs and he'll still be taller than the Bills secondary

3.) Bill Bellichek never looks happy

4.) I never knew it was a monumental accomplishment for a defensive player to get a tackle cough Junior Seau

5) Buffalo is a cursed city for sports. The injuries alone prove this. (Sorry folks)

Maybe I am just getting old, but is it really necessary for players to jump around like idiots after every single play they make? My favorite is when a defensive player tackles a guy after he just ran 10 yards or made a big catch that gives his team a first down or puts them in a good field position, and the defensive player jumps up and starts flexing and hollering around like an @$*...

Pats are too good... I hate them so much, but I don't see a single team out there that can beat them. Maybe the colts... the greatest match up of the past decade IMO pats vs ind, that was the real superbowl last year.

PHI had to pick the fugliest throwbacks to wear last week. Its all about the money... no way did someone put those on and say man.. this a great idea, these unis are such a great part of history, and has nothing to do with having 100,000 people buy another hat or shirt. Its the nature of the biz I know, but at least make it look decent...

Maybe I am just getting old, but is it really necessary for players to jump around like idiots after every single play they make? My favorite is when a defensive player tackles a guy after he just ran 10 yards or made a big catch that gives his team a first down or puts them in a good field position, and the defensive player jumps up and starts flexing and hollering around like an @$*...

Pats are too good... I hate them so much, but I don't see a single team out there that can beat them. Maybe the colts... the greatest match up of the past decade IMO pats vs ind, that was the real superbowl last year.

PHI had to pick the fugliest throwbacks to wear last week. Its all about the money... no way did someone put those on and say man.. this a great idea, these unis are such a great part of history, and has nothing to do with having 100,000 people buy another hat or shirt. Its the nature of the biz I know, but at least make it look decent...

Those unis were ugly :blink:

So far I see a Dallas vs Pats Super Bowl

ATS in my pools I am 33-14. Not bad for a stiff :lol:

Upsets of the week

I like Minny over Green Bay. Favre never plays well at Minny and K Holcomb is not that bad

I also like the Cards to cover vs Pitt (+5.5). It is not easy to win on the road in the NFL and I see the

Cards playing close

as for my stinking Broncos they are going to get slaughtered in Indy 31-17 ish

I also think the Pats will win 34-21 over Cincy in an entertaining game

I'm happy to report that my newly-adopted team, the Kansas City Chiefs decided to go against their own tradition of late and PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL and soundly defeated the San Diego Chargers on their own ground. I was not happy to see NC State boy Phillip Rivers have to deal with this as the KC defense was a beast, but oh well !!!

Great game, lots of excitement. I am just hoping that the Red Thread mojo continues on October 3rd when a certain group of hockey players takes to the ice for their own season opener...

GO CANES !!!

You know what's funny? The Bills are in second place right now. We're in the top half of something for once! :lol:

The pats will clinch if they win tonight unfortunatley :lol:

jk Gip. the Bills came through for me in my pool :D

So, what are the chances of the Bengals pulling a "W" tonight?

Guess that depends on whether or not Bellichek cleans the fog off his spy goggles,LOL.

Guess that depends on whether or not Bellichek cleans the fog off his spy goggles,LOL.

Like the chances of God landing in your living room. :lol:

If anyone actually believed that Cincy had a chance in that game, I have some

land in Florida if you would like to buy. Real Cheap and great location, but

kinda swampy ;)

seriously I heard them say that the Pats are the first team since 1920 to open

the season with 4 wins by 20+ points. This is unbelievable.

I dont like them but boy you have to be impressed with how good they are

Like the chances of God landing in your living room. :lol:

If anyone actually believed that Cincy had a chance in that game, I have some

land in Florida if you would like to buy. Real Cheap and great location, but

kinda swampy ;)

To be fair, the Bengals were devestated by injures. Their....less than stellar defense was made even worse by the loss of the linebackers throughout the game. And the loss of Rudi probably had some effect. Not to detract from the Patriot's defense.

My question is: Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give a QB like Brady a reciever like Moss? That's just not fair. That's like Montana and Rice on the scale of unfair.

To be fair, the Bengals were devestated by injures. Their....less than stellar defense was made even worse by the loss of the linebackers throughout the game. And the loss of Rudi probably had some effect. Not to detract from the Patriot's defense.

My question is: Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give a QB like Brady a reciever like Moss? That's just not fair. That's like Montana and Rice on the scale of unfair.

I think the Pats would be great with even Welker and Stallworth as their wideouts.

they made the AFCC game with some pathetic wrs last year in Caldwell and a slightly better Gaffney.

This team is scary good. I dont care if Cincy was healthy they were not winning that game, plain and simple.

This team could go undefeated or lose only 1 game, if they stay healthy. They remind me of the 49ers in the 80s

or early 90s Cowboys team. That good. This team is much better talent wise than their 2 most recent Super Bowl teams.

I'm enjoying all this Pat's respect. I will mention that the Pat's were also without 2 of their best defensemen(Seymour and Harrison) and their best running back(Maroney).

Pats have some big games coming up (especially with Indy) that will be good tests. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt pleased so far though.

I'm enjoying all this Pat's respect. I will mention that the Pat's were also without 2 of their best defensemen(Seymour and Harrison) and their best running back(Maroney).

Pats have some big games coming up (especially with Indy) that will be good tests. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt pleased so far though.

This week I think Gods team will only win 31-17 so they wont cover :lol:

Upset specials of the week

I like Bucs to stay close at Indy 27-20 (plus 10.5)

I like the Fins to cover at houston (Plus 5.5) I say Houston 24 Fins 20

Lastly I like the Falcons (plus 8.5) to hang with the Titans and losing only 24-20

Good Monday night game! I thought the Bills were going to pull out the win on the cowgirls. 5 ints, a fumble recovery and a kickoff for a TD. Dallas almost handed this game to Buffalo and they still couldn't pull it off. Oh well, it was still an interesting game, even though dallas won. LOL

It just never gets any better for Buffalo sports fans. I thought for a second once that pass to T.O. was overturned that they were going to pull it off... but then I realized why I stopped pulling for the Bills in the first place(one of my favorite teams growing up before the panthers arrived), they always blow it. Sucks cause I hate the cowboys and romo only second to the pats ;)

That was an amazing game. So many twists and turns, all in the 4th. First it looks like Dallas might come back, with that interception return. Then Romo throws another pick, his 5th of the day. Then Buffalo kicks it away. Dallas gets the touchdown, 2 points away. Can't convert the 2-point. Game Over, right?

Dallas recovers the onside kick (which they have to review). Dallas throws to the 20 (which they have to review and overturn). Make 2 short plays to take it to 2 seconds. Kicker makes a career-long 52 yarder. Has to redo because of that lame "TO before the snap". Does it again.

Unbelievable. The fact that Romo (and Owens) dug their team so far before coming back makes it all the better.

Thus: Buffa-LOL