The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Official NFL Thread

where is Vinny when you need him

or yet If I were Bellichek I would give good ol Drew Bledsoe a call today doncha think top?

Matt Cassel is pathetic

Lets just say that if Brady gets hurt, the tides will drastically be changing in New England.

Cassel looked shell shocked.

And Medford, I'd be calling up Doug Flutie before the others, LOL. You know, hometown boy and all.

where is Vinny when you need him

or yet If I were Bellichek I would give good ol Drew Bledsoe a call today doncha think top?

Matt Cassel is pathetic

Lets just say that if Brady gets hurt, the tides will drastically be changing in New England.

Cassel looked shell shocked.

And Medford, I'd be calling up Doug Flutie before the others, LOL. You know, hometown boy and all.

Wellll....at least the Panthers lost tonight 31-7

And Quince, no worries. The Steelers will take the Pats down in December. :D

Alright, the only team that will beat the New England Patriots is the Boston Red Sox.

I'm still here you know :lol:

Alright, the only team that will beat the New England Patriots is the Boston Red Sox.

I'm still here you know :lol:

Wellll....at least the Panthers lost tonight 31-7

And Quince, no worries. The Steelers will take the Pats down in December. :D

What I found ridiculous was at half-time with the game 10-7 (indy and car) they were showing commercials for the battle of the unbeaten teams(indy pats obviously)... before either one of them had completed their game... its all rigged I tell yah, Rigged.

Anyone watching the Packers/Broncos game? Great tribute to Farve to start the game. The man really is a living legend

not watching it yet. will when I get home around 930. watching the NFL Live update on espn though. GO BRONCOS!!!

Well, Broncos have been playing well, despite that fumble on the 1.

I don't see them beating Farve though

He doesn't lose often MNF, in fact I was an idiot not starting him in my fantasy league, he always post ridiculous numbers on MNF from what I remember. I think the packers will end up winning it.

He doesn't lose often MNF, in fact I was an idiot not starting him in my fantasy league, he always post ridiculous numbers on MNF from what I remember. I think the packers will end up winning it.

Favre doesn't lose often, on Sunday or Monday. :lol:

Anybody else gonna be sick if Brady breaks TD record? They keep running up the score, not really sure he'd deserve the record. Manning could have set the record at 60 if Dungy was as insecure as Bilichek

I don't see it as running up the score. Most of the time, they've got a sizeable lead going into the second half in the first place. Brady scores enough to make sure any chance of a comeback is eliminated, and sends out the backup QB. And you can't blame the backup for scoring, since he's got to put up some numbers for his career as well.

Anybody else gonna be sick if Brady breaks TD record? They keep running up the score, not really sure he'd deserve the record. Manning could have set the record at 60 if Dungy was as insecure as Bilichek

I'm not sure I'd call it insecurity. Im pretty sure the team is being fueled by the rest of the league right now and that's pretty tough to stop.

I would guess that this, or something like this, is posted in the tunnel at Gillette Stadium:

Quoting someone from another board - Of course they are out to prove that they do not need to cheat (video scandal) to win. The NFL rightfully penalized them a first round pick and some bucks, so they are sticking it to anyone they can. They are rubbing everyone's face in it. They are striking back the only way they can. Let's see if they are able to keep it up, especially this coming weekend. It may not show good sportsmanship, but it's all legal. I always wondered what it would look like if a team kept the pedal to the metal all season long. Well, now we are seeing just that. Time to rewrite the record books.

They are out to be the greatest team of all time, and anything short of that is no good.

I'm not sure I'd call it insecurity. Im pretty sure the team is being fueled by the rest of the league right now and that's pretty tough to stop.

I would guess that this, or something like this, is posted in the tunnel at Gillette Stadium:

Quoting someone from another board - Of course they are out to prove that they do not need to cheat (video scandal) to win. The NFL rightfully penalized them a first round pick and some bucks, so they are sticking it to anyone they can. They are rubbing everyone's face in it. They are striking back the only way they can. Let's see if they are able to keep it up, especially this coming weekend. It may not show good sportsmanship, but it's all legal. I always wondered what it would look like if a team kept the pedal to the metal all season long. Well, now we are seeing just that. Time to rewrite the record books.

They are out to be the greatest team of all time, and anything short of that is no good.

I'm not sure the way he's going about proving everyone wrong is working. Now people hate them twice as much and honestly all he's doing is proving his character is about as classy as a cheater's character would be. Honestly now all he's doing is stat padding Brady.

Redskins dont have a pushover D this year, I still find it hard to believe they put up 52. Some of these playcalls to me, he's either a genious....or...

Wes Welker, looks like he's Jerry Rice right now. Come on...Who the hell was Wes Welker before this season?

What's going to be funny and karma always has its ways of coming around. Is when someone finally lines up 9 men in the box and says screw the TD and puts a blatant shot on Brady and continues to do it. Bill is gonna piss someone off enough to have that happen and when it does will it of been worth having Brady in while up 40-0 in a game?

I am honestly surprised given the short tempered CB's of the Redskins they didnt CB blitz once and say screw the TD to send a message. But then again I dont think you want to let Sean(shawn, not sure) Taylor loose...he might end up suspended the rest of the year.

I'm not sure the way he's going about proving everyone wrong is working. Now people hate them twice as much and honestly all he's doing is proving his character is about as classy as a cheater's character would be. Honestly now all he's doing is stat padding Brady.

Redskins dont have a pushover D this year, I still find it hard to believe they put up 52. Some of these playcalls to me, he's either a genious....or...

Wes Welker, looks like he's Jerry Rice right now. Come on...Who the hell was Wes Welker before this season?

What's going to be funny and karma always has its ways of coming around. Is when someone finally lines up 9 men in the box and says screw the TD and puts a blatant shot on Brady and continues to do it. Bill is gonna piss someone off enough to have that happen and when it does will it of been worth having Brady in while up 40-0 in a game?

I am honestly surprised given the short tempered CB's of the Redskins they didn't CB blitz once and say screw the TD to send a message. But then again I don't think you want to let Sean(shawn, not sure) Taylor loose...he might end up suspended the rest of the year.

Maybe its not working but I have a feeling they don't care. The people that hate them now are the same people that hated them before, and I think they just have an "its us against the rest" mentality. This has been proved over and over again in many sports to be a recipe for good team chemistry and success. I'm not saying I agree with all of this but from their point of view, the Franchise was being attacked, their championships questioned and their character openly criticized (not to mention the hefty penalty they have to pay). The best way they could respond to all this and disprove all the critics is by steam rolling over the rest of the league all the way to the Super Bowl. Settling the score on the field IMO shows character and security, though I know not everyone would agree. If they whined and complained through the media or petitioned the league, what then would the critics' opinions be?

I do agree that at some point, someone may take a run at Brady, but I also think they're well aware of this.

I'll add (since Ive put myself out there), anybody that didn't see this coming wasn't looking. Last season Brady put up numbers and came just a couple of dropped passes short of bringing the Pats to another Super Bowl, all without any receivers and a depleted defense This year, the owner answered that problem by signing some of the best weapons Brady has ever had. Kudos to Kraft for listening to his coaching staff and team's needs.

I am honestly surprised given the short tempered CB's of the Redskins they didn't CB blitz once and say screw the TD to send a message. But then again I don't think you want to let Sean(shawn, not sure) Taylor loose...he might end up suspended the rest of the year.

Maybe its not working but I have a feeling they don't care. The people that hate them now are the same people that hated them before, and I think they just have an "its us against the rest" mentality. This has been proved over and over again in many sports to be a recipe for good team chemistry and success. I'm not saying I agree with all of this but from their point of view, the Franchise was being attacked, their championships questioned and their character openly criticized (not to mention the hefty penalty they have to pay). The best way they could respond to all this and disprove all the critics is by steam rolling over the rest of the league all the way to the Super Bowl. Settling the score on the field IMO shows character and security, though I know not everyone would agree. If they whined and complained through the media or petitioned the league, what then would the critics' opinions be?

I do agree that at some point, someone may take a run at Brady, but I also think they're well aware of this.

I'll add (since Ive put myself out there), anybody that didn't see this coming wasn't looking. Last season Brady put up numbers and came just a couple of dropped passes short of bringing the Pats to another Super Bowl, all without any receivers and a depleted defense This year, the owner answered that problem by signing some of the best weapons Brady has ever had. Kudos to Kraft for listening to his coaching staff and team's needs.

Topshelf, you know How much I love Bellichek lol

Seriously I do not have a problem with them going for it on 4th down on the scramble by Brady as they

were running the ball

I do have a problem with Matt Cassel throwing a 20 yard pass on 4th and 2 up by 45 pts.

run the ball up the middle, you won the game already with 7 min left. but BB does not care

what a chooch from Boston like me thinks lol

what was he trying to impress the voters to stay at number 1 or something :P

but that is just me, a disgruntled Bronco fan, whos team sucks and most around here let me

know about it :P (not everyone just some morons who gloat way too much)

I like NE to beat Indy though 34-27. the best playing against one another

but that is just me, a disgruntled Bronco fan, whos team sucks and most around here let me

know about it :P (not everyone just some morons who gloat way too much)

Ahh, me too! No one around hear understands why I love my Broncos but they've always been my team! I've had to accept that it's not going to be their strongest year, but at least they've put up a few good games that were expected to be blowouts, even though they've also barely pulled out wins againt teams that should have been in the bag, but oh well haha. I thought we could get the win last night, it was a good game, but I can't hate on the Packers too much, because Favre's game winning pass was pretty amazing, I can't argue that one!