AWACSooner

Offseason Talk 2019

11 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

So much for that.

Sullivan extended 4 years.

Like a contract means anything to Ole' Jimmy R

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 12:54 PM, Alex C. said:

And what is that “plan” exactly, Waddell?

Waddells done pretty well so far.  I’m willing to cut him some slack. IMO . But that’s just me.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, Kyrule said:

Some of you need professional help.

I second that. I think the record is skipping.

• Like 1

talk about a crappy time for when my computer decided to go on the fritts  , and this was the 2nd day before the canes summer fest   so i didnt get to say anything  about alot of things that went down .  Fensore looks like a future canes d-man  and so does weber and   suzuki looks way to intelligent to be playing hockey , maybe  chess would be his 2nd best game .    and more on suzuki  ,  he will be in a canes uniform in 2 or 3 years  i can  believe it .  

HAPPY TO HAVE MRAZEK BACK !   Montreal is a joke   and the joke is on them  , but also on us for not getting the 8 year term we wanted  but we did say  half a mill on the original deal .  and the last year years on the contract is sweet  for the canes , its just the up front money that bites us . but the canes should be fine , we do have an owner that wasted money on a football league  . 

as for florida  going 10 on a goalie ,   yeah bob is good  but not 10 good  , they will face similar issues like that habs .  so happy we got erik haula ,  he will be a great addition to the canes .   mitch marner is still up for grabs ,  and we do have torontos  1st so maybe the canes could go after him via offer sheet ? we would only lose maybe  next years or the year after thats 1st round  pick ? it's a jerk thing to do   but hey , i say screw all north of the border teams right now . they all set me off ! 

i will get back with other stuff but thats all i can think of for the time being . just  got my pc back and im happy ! 

What do y’all think about a possibility of offer sheeting Kyle Connor in Winnipeg for an amount that’ll equal 2x Firsts (and 2/3)?  Personally, I’d go for it...as, if we get him, it’ll only be a net loss of a first and a lower pick or two...and if they match, then they just screwed themselves on Laine, and will have to shed salary via trade (think Faulk for Ehlers).

If we offer sheet Connor; the last thing the Jets would do is make a hockey trade with us for Ehlers. But, it would be great to see Ehlers in a Canes sweater!!!

5 minutes ago, AssistantGM said:

If we offer sheet Connor; the last thing the Jets would do is make a hockey trade with us for Ehlers. But, it would be great to see Ehlers in a Canes sweater!!!

Could give em an ultimatum :P

If Montreal is dumb enough to offer Laine as well, I threaten to offer Connor. Tell them they trade us Ehlers for lower than asking price.  

• Like 1

OK, have to admit duel offer sheets to the same team at the same time would be cool, as long as you’re not that team. And we’re the only team with an excuse since it happened to us. But it won’t happen. 

Of course I said that about it happening to us too. 

• Like 1

The Jets are really up against it. But we have less than 11M cap room, with the possible need to sign Williams. Then there's Fleury, McGinn, and other RFA's to pay. Ehlers cap hit is 6M, so we would have to move salary, as in Faulk. That would add a net 1M against our cap.

Ryan Warsofsky, new Head Coach for Checkers. Apparently youngest HC since 2000. Glad to have that piece in place, now on to a goalie coach.

39 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Ryan Warsofsky, new Head Coach for Checkers. Apparently youngest HC since 2000. Glad to have that piece in place, now on to a goalie coach.

More discussion and link to the hire story at Charlotte Checkers 2019-2020

Canes Announce Changes to Scouting Staff

Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced the following changes to the team's scouting staff: Robert Kron has been promoted to Director of European Scouting, Mike Dawson has been promoted to Head North American Scout, and Cody Nickolet, Eric Fink and Oleg Smirnov have been hired as amateur scouts.

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

Little while ago, on HockeyBuzz (yeah, yeah I know), but was reading on reshuffling of the scout deck in Detroit. Man, I hope we've got more scouts than what is talked about there OBXer, because if we don't, Detroit's is about 3X as many? For years I was aware we were "light weights" in the scouting department, which never made sense to me if our Cap budget is on the light side (which I know presently it isn't), but wouldn't it seem reasonable if an organization wants to cut down on total salary expense, that you'd want scouts out there to find the diamonds in the rough, and thus have more of your players on ELCs?  How else are you to do this except thru a cadre of scouts?

14 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

It's so great to finally be out from under the dark cloud of the Karmanos era.  Feels good man.

IMG_0457.JPG.2ca9c77f319f41895385cffed9602d7a.JPG

17 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

It's so great to finally be out from under the dark cloud of the Karmanos era.  Feels good man.

One thing I wanted to mention is that Dzingel not only said that he liked what he was hearing from Brind’amour, but from Dundon as well. 

I think it is great that our owner is actively talking to players/free agents.

I can’t imagine what a 💩-show a conversation between Karmanos and a potential free agent would be like.

• Like 2

I was also really encouraged that Dzingle wanted to be here. He took a no bonus contract too. I think he's smart. This is an up and coming team with a lot more talent and potential than most can see, and we play a fast game. It is also smart for him to see the atmosphere in the room and the way Brind'Amour coaches. Dzingle is smart because there is a good chance he will come in here and thrive. Then, when he's added some heft to the consistency in achieving his numbers, he'll be up for a big contract just after the cap bumps up. Good for him, good for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrule said:

One thing I wanted to mention is that Dzingel not only said that he liked what he was hearing from Brind’amour, but from Dundon as well. 

I think it is great that our owner is actively talking to players/free agents.

I can’t imagine what a 💩-show a conversation between Karmanos and a potential free agent would be like.

Come to Raleigh, we can't pay you, but it's a nice place to live.

• Like 1

A thought on Ryan Dzingle. If ever there was an area and culture that matched a player, it is Raleigh and Ryan Dzingle. Think on it, a player who confirms that the feeling about him was that he could not compete in the NHL, and the town and area of Raleigh which is perpetually derided as a "hick town" not appreciative of hockey. A match made in heaven. Welcome Ryan Dzingle. Shortly when we know your #, I intend to order a new jersey.

44 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

Not sure where to put this. Just starting on SiriusXM channel 91...

1E5C902D-DAEB-4421-8683-D9005AA4F7F5.jpeg

I just tuned in on my ride home and got the chills! We have a cup. As your name says!