Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

Offseason Talk 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Derailed75 said:

Click the link. Diaper bags permitted but will be searched. So for those too far up their own re ends to realize a child in diapers will never remember anything about the event they are being drug too, thanks you will single handedly make the lines much slower.

 

Or you could, you know do the right thing and get a sitter

 

Thanks for the tip.  Next time I want parenting advice I will ask you for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Well, out of the goodness of the Carolina Hurricanes, they are giving one (1) bag per season ticket holder account for free!   Not per ticket, per account.

 

What a benefit!

Effective to promote the Dundon is cheap narrative. 😉 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derailed75 said:

Click the link. Diaper bags permitted but will be searched. So for those too far up their own re ends to realize a child in diapers will never remember anything about the event they are being drug too, thanks you will single handedly make the lines much slower.

 

Or you could, you know do the right thing and get a sitter

Or perhaps embrace inclusiveness and be respectful of others who wish to attend with their child. Perhaps money is limited. 🙄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is what it is but honestly, policies like this do not make people safer. It just gives the illusion of enhanced security. Things within the clear bag are going to be in non clear bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cclifford10 said:

This board is in serious need of something to talk about....

I’m here for the beer and chicks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

Click the link. Diaper bags permitted but will be searched. So for those too far up their own re ends to realize a child in diapers will never remember anything about the event they are being drug too, thanks you will single handedly make the lines much slower.

 

Or you could, you know do the right thing and get a sitter

Or you know, you can just not gripe about the fact I chose to take my daughter to several Canes games when she was still in diapers.

 

This clear plastic bag *edit* is getting pathetically out of hand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a concept jersey with gray as the primary color and CANES on it. It looked like the Rangers script. Anyways I’m still excited about a new away jersey. I did like the gray look, but with some improvements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caneswincup said:

It is what it is but honestly, policies like this do not make people safer. It just gives the illusion of enhanced security. Things within the clear bag are going to be in non clear bags.

This is a standard security measure. It is effective and it should get you in faster. And they are not just looking for weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cc said:

This is a standard security measure. It is effective and it should get you in faster. And they are not just looking for weapons.

Heaven forbid someone might sneak in Junior Mints!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cclifford10 said:

This board is in serious need of something to talk about....

Anybody want to talk about the Whalers, haha?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Heaven forbid someone might sneak in Junior Mints!

So, one time I got a few of those little cereal box samples.  We usually don't get them.   Sweet stuff like Fruit Loops and Honey Cheerios.

 

On a lark, I threw a Fruit Loops in my pocket for the game, to snack on.  We had no kids in tow.

 

The guard alertly saw the bulge in my vest coat pocket.  "Hey, whaddya got there?"  I took it out and showed him.  No kids anywhere.  He looks at me, a fat, balding old guy and started laughing and says: "Enjoy the game!"

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how tapped in Sara Civ actually is? Could we actually get Priskie? Why in the world would he want to come to a team with the defensive depth of Carolina?

 

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Or you know, you can just not gripe about the fact I chose to take my daughter to several Canes games when she was still in diapers.

 

This clear plastic bag *edit* is getting pathetically out of hand!

I'm a 3 time parent (24,21, and 10) when your daughter is 10 ask her how much she liked going to that game when she was 2

Edited by Derailed75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I'm a 3 time parent (24,21, and 10) when you daughter is 10 ask her how much she liked going to that game when she was 2

My 3 years old was pretty excited last year especially when he got high five from Stormy before the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I wonder how tapped in Sara Civ actually is? Could we actually get Priskie? Why in the world would he want to come to a team with the defensive depth of Carolina?

 

 

Always up for another stud defenseman Sara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I wonder how tapped in Sara Civ actually is? Could we actually get Priskie? Why in the world would he want to come to a team with the defensive depth of Carolina?

 

Must be losing it, who is Priskie? I don't follow Sara Civ either.

 

Never mind, just googled and found out that he's a Hobey Baker award winning Dman that Caps can't sign, sooo Why are Caps unable to sign, and how could we be taking him on with our over supply of defensemen?

 

This brings up another question, I got the feeling that Caps cannot sign as they are at their contract limit of 50, is that correct? If so, how do we stand on that? I have never known how or where to check to see how close we stand to that number, but at one time thought we were pretty close? I'm guessing that's changed?

Edited by KJUNKANE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

I'm a 3 time parent (24,21, and 10) when your daughter is 10 ask her how much she liked going to that game when she was 2

She actually remembers it...especially since we flew all the way from Germany via London to attend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Must be losing it, who is Priskie? I don't follow Sara Civ either.

 

Never mind, just googled and found out that he's a Hobey Baker award winning Dman that Caps can't sign, sooo Why are Caps unable to sign, and how could we be taking him on with our over supply of defensemen?

 

This brings up another question, I got the feeling that Caps cannot sign as they are at their contract limit of 50, is that correct? If so, how do we stand on that? I have never known how or where to check to see how close we stand to that number, but at one time thought we were pretty close? I'm guessing that's changed?

 

Perhaps Priske could be summed up as Adam Fox 2.0 or even Adam Fox + ?  (that's not based on actual knowledge of the two players, just my crude impression).  If this actually happens, Chase Priskee plus two NYR 2nd rounders >> Adam Fox..   

 

Capfriendly is a great place to find out anything contract related.  Currently Canes have 40 of 50 allowable contracts.  Even though that doesn't include Maenalanen, McKeown, or Willy. still plenty of room to maneuver.  

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/hurricanes

 

I'll believe it when I see the official announcement, though.  It would almost be like the most desirable UFA choosing the Canes over the rest of the league, and without a premium, either.

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...