The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

Offseason Talk 2019

20 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Lake I get it.  It's a struggle every day to be the most liked and most knowledgeable poster on these boards.  Trust me when I say that it is a struggle everyday for me knowing that others think so highly of myself.

Here's to hoping for a great and successful 2019-2020 season.

4 hours ago, cc said:

Mega dittos...   LOL

Ruh? :huh:  CC, your post  quotes bd58's post, but it shows up as "LakeLivin said".  I wonder how that happened?.  

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

Ruh? :huh:  CC, your post  quotes bd58's post, but it shows up as "LakeLivin said".  I wonder how that happened?.  

Happens when “those who will not be named” are blocked. 😂 Not intentional.

Edited by cc

The team signed McKeown to a 1 year 2 way deal today.  He is not waiver exempt, so if he does not make the roster out of training camp there is a good chance they will lose him.  In some way I hope TVR is not ready for the season and McKeown makes the team.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, beboplar said:

The team signed McKeown to a 1 year 2 way deal today.  He is not waiver exempt, so if he does not make the roster out of training camp there is a good chance they will lose him.  In some way I hope TVR is not ready for the season and McKeown makes the team.  

Kind of deserves a shot IMO.

1 minute ago, beboplar said:

Yeah, I'd also like to see McKeown get a shot.  For his sake and also because I'd hate to lose what could easily prove to be a valuable asset for no return without fully checking it out..  

Is there a tournament this year, or rather tournaments, that the kids play in?  Traverse City?  Etc?

Heard nothing but silence.  It usually starts the weekend before camp starts, i.e. the same weekend as the Canes 5k.

4 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Is there a tournament this year, or rather tournaments, that the kids play in?  Traverse City?  Etc?

Heard nothing but silence.  It usually starts the weekend before camp starts, i.e. the same weekend as the Canes 5k.

Yes, but not Traverse City, but in Nashville. Forget who the other 3 teams are though, but it's coming up shortly wxray.

9 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yes, but not Traverse City, but in Nashville. Forget who the other 3 teams are though, but it's coming up shortly wxray.

This weekend, even

Prospect showcase in Nashville.

From the motherland- Prospect Showcase

Edited by gocanes0506

Thanks.  I guess the JW thing got us talking other stuff.  Usually we're talking about the tournament this time.

Just now, wxray1 said:

Thanks.  I guess the JW thing got us talking other stuff.  Usually we're talking about the tournament this time.

I'm guessing that the decision to play a somewhat more low key tournament is because they wanted different opponents, or possibly wanted to take in The Grand Ole Opry?

Old Man in need of Smart Millennial Help on tickets

Just got the ticket package.  Well, really, it was a box of air and foam, with a license plate holder that is nice, but also says "I HAVE MONEY" on it.  But anyway...

Am I reading this right that it is only electronic ticketing this year?  Not a big deal, since they forced it into us for the playoffs, but sometimes that slows things down as phones get bollixed up and what have you.  (Or the phone is being operated by a geezer.)

So, help an old guy here... is it all electronic for season ticket holdmembers?

Edited by wxray1

11 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Old Man in need of Smart Millennial Help on tickets

Just got the ticket package.  Well, really, it was a box of air and foam, with a license plate holder that is nice, but also says "I HAVE MONEY" on it.  But anyway...

Am I reading this right that it is only electronic ticketing this year?  Not a big deal, since they forced it into us for the playoffs, but sometimes that slows things down as phones get bollixed up and what have you.  (Or the phone is being operated by a geezer.)

So, help an old guy here... is it all electronic for season ticket holdmembers?

yes. go through the nhl app that accesses your ticket manager account that you can get to through the home page.

Imagine that.  In 5 years I went from "I ain't never getting one of those things" to "I have to have one to simply survive in this world."

Exercising my swiping finger now to get ready for the season.  Just got a portable charger too just in case.  Don't drop the phone on the way in!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Imagine that.  In 5 years I went from "I ain't never getting one of those things" to "I have to have one to simply survive in this world."

Exercising my swiping finger now to get ready for the season.  Just got a portable charger too just in case.  Don't drop the phone on the way in!

Not a fan of electronic ticketing.I have seen numerous issues with people trying to access their tkts at the gate. I encountered one problem last year as I could not access the tkts at the gate. I was informed I had to go to the box office to get a printed tkt. Fortunately the app came up and I proceeded without delay...but increased blood pressure.

9 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Not a fan of electronic ticketing.I have seen numerous issues with people trying to access their tkts at the gate. I encountered one problem last year as I could not access the tkts at the gate. I was informed I had to go to the box office to get a printed tkt. Fortunately the app came up and I proceeded without delay...but increased blood pressure.

Exactly.  So what was so difficult about the damn little credit cards?  They still give them to us, but now they say "NOT FOR TICKETS".  Worked great last few years.  No batteries required.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

BTW, about the phone app.  The dirty little secret of all these businesses, especially the entertainment industry, is they want you do download their app to gather all kinds of data about you.   This is why I think they are cramming it down our throat.

Edited by wxray1

FWIW, I find that the option to move the tickets to my apple wallet thingy keeps me from not being able to pull them up at the gate. The other thing is to do screen shots of the tickets. They still work when scanned.

9 minutes ago, remkin said:

FWIW, I find that the option to move the tickets to my apple wallet thingy keeps me from not being able to pull them up at the gate. The other thing is to do screen shots of the tickets. They still work when scanned.

I don't have an "apple wallet thingy".

I'm an old tech guy, but some of this stuff is ridiculous.

I'm going to get off my computer now and look for my ring and sealing wax...  :wheelchair:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I don't have an "apple wallet thingy".

I'm an old tech guy, but some of this stuff is ridiculous.

I'm going to get off my computer now and look for my ring and sealing wax...  :wheelchair:

Do you have and iphone? Its' an app. There's probably something similar on other phones, but I don't know. 

A screen shot of the ticket should work too. 

33 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

BTW, about the phone app.  The dirty little secret of all these businesses, especially the entertainment industry, is they want you do download their app to gather all kinds of data about you.   This is why I think they are cramming it down our throat.

This. 

The degree to which none of us owns our personal data anymore is breathtaking. Indeed, there's an entire company devoted to getting it back under our own control: https://www.trunomi.com/about-us/index.html

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

You can make screenshots of QR codes, send them to your e-mail and print )))

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

More likely to show you commercials rather then gather information.

4 hours ago, Bonivan said:

More likely to show you commercials rather then gather information.

Oh, that's fine then! I feel better already! Speaking purely for myself, I have complete faith in all for-profit corporations to do ethically right things!

I trust the sarcasm alert emo is not necessary here. 

• Like 1

Jesus, so much beeching about a simple thing like e-tickets.  Do you self-proclaimed old people not fly?  The world also exists with Android phones, imagine that, choices.  I feel sorry for your oldness because it's self-inflicted.

I'm sure you will get in the game, though, so that's good.

• Like 1