The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off Season Trades, Player moves and Free Agency

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Isn't Varlamov injury prone?

If we sign him or Mrazek we have a ton of goalie depth. Three backups essentially (not that I like any of them as much as McE but hopefully they change my mind in a few months).

2 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Cap Friendly shows Darling bought out by Panthers.  Still verifying...

Darling was already bought out by Florida.  Above our pay grade to analyze what is going on here.  3 more years of Reimer?  Unlikely.  Must have surrendered a pick in order to yield a favorable buy out.  Or, ........?

3 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Yep.  Verified.  Very interesting these moves, they are.

TSN Senior Hockey Reporter Frank Seravalli reported the Panthers will end up with a net cap savings of $2.17 million and $1.07 million next season as part of the deal.

2 minutes ago, beboplar said:

Darling was already bought out by Florida.  Above our pay grade to analyze what is going on here.  3 more years of Reimer?  Unlikely.  Must have surrendered a pick in order to yield a favorable buy out.  Or, ........?

Reimer has 2 years.  Saved 800k a year to fill a roster spot 

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Reimer has 2 years.  Saved 800k a year to fill a roster spot 

Yep.

2 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

When does FA start tomorrow? Ill be glued to my phone!

Noon

3 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

When does FA start tomorrow? Ill be glued to my phone!

Don't get too excited.

Exciting summer no matter how you look at it.  At least our mgmt isnt sitting on their hands with illusions you get better by staying the course.

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Don't get too excited.

We are sure to sign a 3rd and 4th line guy who we are hoping have bounce back seasons. lol.  Hopefully its not the usual and we do something a little better.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

Mrazek and Varlamov will sign somwhere. It will be Carolina or someone else.

Nominee for “Nostradamus post of the year”

4 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Exciting summer no matter how you look at it.  At least our mgmt isnt sitting on their hands with illusions you get better by staying the course.

What do you find exciting about it so far?  the Erik haula trade?  Or trading Darling for an aging goaltender?   I'm not to excited yet,   so far we have the same team minus goaltenders and J Williams and add Haula.  Hoping we do a lot more with forwards and get Mrazek and Aho signed right away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Savy move by the committee.  Maybe these guys know what they are doing.

God I hope so

1 minute ago, Danimal38 said:

What do you find exciting about it so far?  the Erik haula trade?  Or trading Darling for an aging goaltender?   I'm not to excited yet,   so far we have the same team minus goaltenders and J Williams and add Haula.  Hoping we do a lot more with forwards and get Mrazek and Aho signed right away. 

I think we'll be OK without DeHaan and I like the Haula trade.  I'll take a bag of chips for Darling, I hate to say.  My intent of that message was that we're trying to make moves to get better.  Even if some transactions backfire (i.e. Darling 2017), I'm OK with it as long as we tried.  Win some, lose some.  If anyone has a crystal ball in how a new addition to the team will pan out, I wanna party with you!!!  We're not done yet, so hold on...

• Like 3

What do you guys think about going after UFA Valtteri Filppula? Yes I know he’s getting up there in age (35) and he only registered 31 points this past season but his overall play really caught my eye in the Isles series. Seems like a Brind’Amour kinda player to me...

2 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

What do you guys think about going after UFA Valtteri Filppula? Yes I know he’s getting up there in age (35) and he only registered 31 points this past season but his overall play really caught my eye in the Isles series. Seems like a Brind’Amour kinda player to me...

Not really...great work ethic, but declining producer

Just now, RickD_99 said:

A stud in Tampa Bay...a key part of that 2015 Cup finals "triplets" team. Philly and NYI...meh.  Serviceable veteran but it could go either way now.

24 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Savy move by the committee.  Maybe these guys know what they are doing.

As of now Panthers have only AHL goalie under contract. If they don't sign Bob (and we sign somebody else) we could ship Reimer back to them for 6th round pick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

As of now Panthers have only AHL goalie under contract. If they don't sign Bob (and we sign somebody else) we could ship Reimer back to them for 6th round pick

Or they can send us Spencer Knight ;)