The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off Season Trades, Player moves and Free Agency

5 minutes ago, beboplar said:

I don't know that much about him, but McKeown had a +30 or so down there, so I would rate him as the highest defensive DMan, since he is not known as an offensive DMan, and must be earning all those +'s on D.  Not sure why we ever extended TVR for 2 yers when McKeown was ready to step in at less $ for what seemed like equal skill set.  Is TVR that much better?

McKeown is a safe name to throw at me... he's a solid defensive defenseman as well, truth.  Didier larger, a better hitter.  Probably on par with each other but in the 'size matters' debate, Didier would take him.  None of the others came close defensively.

1 minute ago, sleekfeeder said:

Anyone have a recommendation for the best "live" updater for FA tracking? 

TSN is giving live updates on their site 

2 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

If that's actually the case let's see if we can "get 'er done" before noon at 6 x $8.5 or 7 x $9.

Exactly. If I was Aho I would tell the agent to wrap this up in the next few days or he's going to get er done himself. Split the difference and let's move forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

A ****ton of picks!

They were saying a team would have to give 4 first round picks for Marner. If that's the cost for Aho, I'd be tempted to let him go. I know if Aho was on another team, I wouldn't trade 4 first rounders to get him. Shoot, I wouldn't trade 4 first rounders for anyone.

Just now, caniac6 said:

They were saying a team would have to give 4 first round picks for Marner. If that's the cost for Aho, I'd be tempted to let him go. I know if Aho was on another team, I wouldn't trade 4 first rounders to get him. Shoot, I wouldn't trade 4 first rounders for anyone.

And then all the momentum we had from this season evaporated and we go into another playoff drought 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

And then all the momentum we had from this season evaporated and we go into another playoff drought 

With moves by other teams in the East, unless we do something, a return to the playoffs is going to take more than momentum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kyrule said:

Zuccarello to the Wild.

5 years, 6 million per.

😞

We never were in on him

Nobody is tendering an offer sheet for AHO.  Please stop.  You do not give up 4 1st round picks for Aho, he still has some proving to do.  Crosby and McDavid would be the only 2 players that would be worth it.

Just stop, it is not going to happen, yon need find other things to wring your hands about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Not me.  Free agency hasn't even started yet, way too early to draw those type conclusions imo.   And I'm afraid one of the side effects of a very strong pipeline is that there won't be room for a lot of promising kids to progress within the organization. 

To highlight this, take a look at the Canes right now.  We'll have what, maybe 5 or 6 spots open on the Canes roster this season? 

Current Checkers on ELCs:

Necas

Bean

Kuokkanen

Geekie

Gauthier

Canes noteworthy RFAs

McGinn

Maenalanen

Fleury

McKeown

Forsling

Potulralski (UFA)

McKegg (UFA)

No surprise Poturalski looked elsewhere (although I really wish there was a way we could have seen what he could have become given a chance in Raleigh).  McGinn and Maenalanen have arbitration rights.  I've gotta believe that at least two ELC Checkers are probably headed to the Canes this season.  Can't see not re-signing McGinn (unless he's got an unreasonable ask).  Gotta think Fleury will insist on a 1-way contract.  And that a lot of those RFAs have value to teams with shallow pipelines.  I wonder if we'll see a lot more "small ball" deals this summer as necessary to manage our pipeline?

Shocker!

Panarin to the Rangers.

The Rangers are trying to buy a cup because they can’t build a team the old-fashioned way, by earning it.

1 minute ago, Kyrule said:

Shocker!

Panarin to the Rangers.

The Rangers are trying to buy a cup because they can’t build a team the old-fashioned way, by earning it.

WOWOWOWOWOWWO!! Guess all that Florida talk was BS.

Edited by sleekfeeder

Just now, Kyrule said:

Shocker!

Panarin to the Rangers.

And still *edit* for defense and fading goaltending

3 minutes ago, bambamcanefan said:

Nobody is tendering an offer sheet for AHO.  Please stop.  You do not give up 4 1st round picks for Aho, he still has some proving to do.  Crosby and McDavid would be the only 2 players that would be worth it.

Just stop, it is not going to happen, yon need find other things to wring your hands about.

It is 4 first rounders if the contract is over 10.5 million per year iirc.

The next tier below is 2 firsts, a second, and a third iirc.

But anyway, I agree with you 100%.

That dude just took them to the wood shed. THAT"S an over payment. He's good but 11.6 Avg? Whoowee. Must be nice to be able to BUY players. 

Edited by sleekfeeder
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

WOWOWOWOWOWWO!! Guess all that Florida talk was BS.

When I said “shocker”, I was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, BoDarville said:

Still not close. 

So just give him 8x8.5 and be done with it!  That’ll be a bargain in a few years

Edited by AWACSooner

It's the annual day of waiting for nothing to happen for Canes fans.  Kind of like watching a soccer game.  You keep thinking something will happen, and it never does.

On to the Grass Growing Channel or Paint Drying Network.

Just now, AWACSooner said:

So just give him 8x8.5 and be done with it!  That’ll be a bargain in a few years

You'd think, but Dundon and Waddell are being cheapskates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bambamcanefan said:

Agreed, but it's unlikely that anyone would offer Aho more than $10,568,589.  For $8,454,871 to $10,568,589 compensation is 2 first rounders, a second and a third.  Between $6,341,152 to $8,454,781, a first, a second and a third.  Since reports have him asking $9.5 per, I gotta think it's only 2 first rounders.  If we hold firm at $7.5, someone could come in for $8.4 and only need to give up 1 first rounder.

4 minutes ago, BoDarville said:

Still not close. 

Sorry, but he is not worth $9.5...yet! Maybe $8.5 for 5 yrs, not 8 yrs.

We need a top goalie first! 

Edited by Goalieman_nc