The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Off Season Trades, Player moves and Free Agency

Might be a trade coming soon involving one or two of the younger players. Just a gut feeling. Wonder why it took so long for a team to sign Dzingel. I thought for sure he would be in Pittsburgh.

I still wonder if this has any bearing on Williams. Also, I think Haula is more of a natural winger, so there is flexibility there at center.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, playruffcaniac said:

Might be a trade coming soon involving one or two of the younger players. Just a gut feeling. Wonder why it took so long for a team to sign Dzingel. I thought for sure he would be in Pittsburgh.

I think the Aho and Goalie situation being up in the air for so long probably delayed decision making on management and the players side (at least the ones that had Carolina on their radar). 

It's a shame half the fanbase gave up on this team when the sky fell on the first day of free agency.  They'd really like this move.

• Like 6

Just the slick way to play UFA. Let the madness calm down, then get a good price on a good player that may have been overreaching early on. 

Also we get a guy in his prime on a 2 year deal. If he's all that, maybe re-sign, if not, no big problem contract. 

I am absolutely flabbergasted!  This made my whole morning.  This is the kind of move we needed to make, right age, right position, will fit right in with the style we are looking for.

Happy F'ing Friday!

• Like 4

Also, 11 PP points. I don't really recall watching him, but probably helps there too.

• Like 1

Nice Dzingel!  This could be the 2-25 goal scorers we needed in Haula and Dzingel.   Very nice move.  Hoping Williams comes back to add to the forward group.  Not looking so bad now, especially if Aho and Svech have big years which I think they will. 

Some suggested Dzingle careered it last year, but he put up 41 points and 21 goals the year before in Ottawa of all places. If he puts up 26 and 56 again we are gold, but 21 nad 40 still adds serious depth, especially if J Williams is back.

12 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Something tells me JWill is done. Maybe that last poo sandwich did him in.

I was thinking the same. That day will come eventually. JW has earned a permanent place in my good books. (cross fingers for 1 more yr)

This is a fantastic signing!  Good player at a reasonable term and salary. Flexibility to play center or wing, and, he can really skate....

A++ for me.  I agree with the sentiment that Willy may be done.  So the lines now look like ???

Turbo-Aho-Nino

Haula - Dzingel - Svech

Foegele - Staal - Necas

McGinn - Wallmark - Martinook

Maenelainen - 

That is a very deep lineup without Willy.  And remember, we will have some yutes knocking on the door.  Nicely done, committee.

Hats off to Dundon and Waddell. We have only $7M cap space left and still need to sign JW, Fleury, McGinn, and Saku. So much for the el-cheapo take on Dundon. That myth is done.  

• Like 2

Or if J Williams returns, how's this for insane depth:

Turbo-Aho-Nino

Haula-Dzingel-Svech

Necas-Staal-JWilliams

Foegele-Walmark-Martinook

Seriously that 4th line could put up nice points.

Turtleneck makes another value signing, waiting out the UFA madness on July 1.  Great addition!!!

Can we now move away from any suggestion Dundon won't spend money?

• Like 8

And all of those additions without giving Pesce away. We now have enough to simply let things play out. No need for any big trades or UFA's. I think we're set. And ...... I like our group!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Don't think we're done...

I think we might be. What moves are left? 

Not sure why people think this means Williams is done??  We all wanted a couple acquisitions to make the team better including Williams.  I don't think this changes anything.  I believe he is coming back and will be shocked if he doesn't.  

• Like 2