The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

GDT today!-SuperBowl XLII-Pats vs Giants

Since I just looooove the Boston teams I had to go with the obvious choice - Giants.

I know, I know, wishful thinking.

hi I don't believe we met I'm the dolphins fan who hates the patriots almost as much as I hate the yankees

Nice to meet you. Plenty of room for Dolphin fans, especially ones who hate the Yankees.

hi I don't believe we met I'm the dolphins fan who hates the patriots almost as much as I hate the yankees

Nice to meet you. Plenty of room for Dolphin fans, especially ones who hate the Yankees.

The Pats have a huge post count advantage..... so the Giants will overly respect what they have to say and come game time will be afraid to play.

Thats why the Pats have already won. Post counts....

The Pats have a huge post count advantage..... so the Giants will overly respect what they have to say and come game time will be afraid to play.

In that case, I'll reset my post count to honor #12, Tom Brady.

In that case, I'll reset my post count to honor #12, Tom Brady.

Well, on this I'm torn. Love the Michigan Wolverine's, and will root for Brady to have a good game. It would also be historic to have a team go 19-0. Counter point: it would also be historic to have a wild card team win.....has it ever happened? I don't think so. Also, the Mannings would be the first back-to-back brothers to win the Super Bowl. Don't think that's ever happened, either.

So, my vote was "who do you think will win"....Pats

However, "who do you WANT to win".....Giants

The Pats will win. Like it was stated before...they know the plays to make when it counts the most. So long as Brady doesn't throw interceptions at the rate he did last night it will be all good. :)

Well, on this I'm torn. Love the Michigan Wolverine's, and will root for Brady to have a good game. It would also be historic to have a team go 19-0. Counter point: it would also be historic to have a wild card team win.....has it ever happened? I don't think so. Also, the Mannings would be the first back-to-back brothers to win the Super Bowl. Don't think that's ever happened, either.

So, my vote was "who do you think will win"....Pats

However, "who do you WANT to win".....Giants

4 wild card teams have won the Super Bowl:

1980 Oakland Raiders

1997 Denver Broncos

2000 Baltimore Ravens

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers

So thats not unprecedented.

My problem is that I can't tell if the viewer gained from GB being eliminated. Sure we're spared the 8 million Favre stories but now there is nothing to counter the whole 19-0 story line.

4 wild card teams have won the Super Bowl:

1980 Oakland Raiders

1997 Denver Broncos

2000 Baltimore Ravens

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers

So thats not unprecedented.

My problem is that I can't tell if the viewer gained from GB being eliminated. Sure we're spared the 8 million Favre stories but now there is nothing to counter the whole 19-0 story line.

Yes but out of those teams, who was the only one to win all their games on the road ;)

Yes but out of those teams, who was the only one to win all their games on the road ;)

Steelers, but if the Giants loose they'll join the '92 Bills as the only team to win the three road games and loose the Super Bowl.

So if you go by history NY has a 50-50 shot at either winning a sloppy badly called game or getting blown out.

Well theres always the "Manning family" feel good story. Chances are we'll be seeing lots more clips of the Manning boys growing up than we've seen of the Staal brothers, LOL.

I was really tossed up as to who I wanted to win the GB/Giants game. If Favre had won, about 1 million more Pats haters would have created cause whats there to hate about Favre. It would also have been a nice rematch for the Pats.

But its the Giants so I'll I guess I'll just sit back and watch another chapter in the Boston/NY rivalry unfold. I imagine its going to get ugly by gameday with all those Yankee fans loking for some retribution ;) .

Wouldn't it be funny if the Red Sox sign Santana in the midst of all this Super Bowl drama?

Well theres always the "Manning family" feel good story. Chances are we'll be seeing lots more clips of the Manning boys growing up than we've seen of the Staal brothers, LOL.

I was really tossed up as to who I wanted to win the GB/Giants game. If Favre had won, about 1 million more Pats haters would have created cause whats there to hate about Favre. It would also have been a nice rematch for the Pats.

But its the Giants so I'll I guess I'll just sit back and watch another chapter in the Boston/NY rivalry unfold. I imagine its going to get ugly by gameday with all those Yankee fans loking for some retribution ;) .

Wouldn't it be funny if the Red Sox sign Santana in the midst of all this Super Bowl drama?