The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

GDT today!-SuperBowl XLII-Pats vs Giants

Well theres always the "Manning family" feel good story. Chances are we'll be seeing lots more clips of the Manning boys growing up than we've seen of the Staal brothers, LOL.

I was really tossed up as to who I wanted to win the GB/Giants game. If Favre had won, about 1 million more Pats haters would have created cause whats there to hate about Favre. It would also have been a nice rematch for the Pats.

But its the Giants so I'll I guess I'll just sit back and watch another chapter in the Boston/NY rivalry unfold. I imagine its going to get ugly by gameday with all those Yankee fans loking for some retribution ;) .

Wouldn't it be funny if the Red Sox sign Santana in the midst of all this Super Bowl drama?

yes so that woud be on the Back Page of the Herald ;)

Steelers, but if the Giants loose they'll join the '92 Bills as the only team to win the three road games and loose the Super Bowl.

So if you go by history NY has a 50-50 shot at either winning a sloppy badly called game or getting blown out.

and the 1985 Pats who won all 3 road games before losing to Chicago

ahhh the good old days lol :P

I guess that means that means I'm redoing my odds:

2 in 3 the giants get blown out

1 in 3 the giants win a sloppy poorly officiated game

And the weird thing is I think that would be my guess even if it weren't based on previous games.

See, it wasn't all "sunshine and lolloypops" for us Pats fans, LOL. Da Bears Superbowl was brutal :mad:

Hey Medford, is it possible to have two front page stories for the Herald:

Pats go the perfect 19-0 and, The Red Sox sign Santana

There is an early and late edition :P

See, it wasn't all "sunshine and lolloypops" for us Pats fans, LOL. Da Bears Superbowl was brutal :mad:

Well theres always the "Manning family" feel good story. Chances are we'll be seeing lots more clips of the Manning boys growing up than we've seen of the Staal brothers, LOL.

Yeah but that doesn't have the same ring to it as the "grizzled, warrior, gunslinger, super-human Brett Farve single handedly brought his team to the Super Bowl by dragging it uphill to school both ways in the -50 degree weather in a blizzard" stories we'd otherwise hear. The Mannings are a diversion but not one that will derail all the pats hype.

Giants have to win, that way, Brady will have lost to BOTH Mannings :lol:

IF not for injuries, it could have been Chargers vs. Giants. Manning vs. Rivers. Two QBs linked because of the draft day trade. :lol:

IF not for injuries, it could have been Chargers vs. Giants. Manning vs. Rivers. Two QBs linked because of the draft day trade. :lol:

If not for injuries, Buffalo would have won the ECF's in 06 too. This argument is so familiar.

If not for injuries, Buffalo would have won the ECF's in 06 too. This argument is so familiar.

4 wild card teams have won the Super Bowl:

1980 Oakland Raiders

1997 Denver Broncos

2000 Baltimore Ravens

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers

So thats not unprecedented.

My problem is that I can't tell if the viewer gained from GB being eliminated. Sure we're spared the 8 million Favre stories but now there is nothing to counter the whole 19-0 story line.

Well, all of those are AFC....so no NFC wildcard has won. I get partial credit.

Hey I do not like NE but even if healthy the Chargers would still have lost.

I hate that as an excuse. pats won end of discussion.

we dont have to like it but they won.

Can't believe the board is actually split on this vote...

Tom Chokelin runs that team.... thats enough to say this superbowl is over.

I have no idea how he managed to keep his job after last year :blink:

Can't believe the board is actually split on this vote...

Tom Chokelin runs that team.... thats enough to say this superbowl is over.

I have no idea how he managed to keep his job after last year :blink:

I think the reasoning behind that is lots of people seem to have an irrational hate of the pats just because they are doing good. I dont like the Pats much, but they're clearly going to win.

Oh no! Does that mean we're going to get flooded with disgruntled San Diego fans? :P

I didn't even watch either of the games yesterday, but saw the very end as Eli was celebrating, and it hit me then that we could potentially see brothers win back-to-back Super Bowls. That would be pretty interesting.

Still, not exactly the best odds for that. Though the Pats aren't as invincible as many would believe, too, I still have to go with them winning it.

I hope the Giants can do America a favor and knock off the Patriots, and they definitely can. For picking purposes, though... Patriots 31, Giants 24.

In the old days yes but I think they did away with it

as the aftnoon papas (boston accent lol) did not sell as well.

It would be fitting though. :lol:

I cant believe the poll is evenly split. Where are all the folks drinking the Haterade for the Hatriots?

I cant believe the poll is evenly split. Where are all the folks drinking the Haterade for the Hatriots?

It is called wishful thinking

It should be a poll on

who do you Want to win, not think?

i want NYG but feel the Pats will beat them quite easily.

The Pats get my vote. I have to think that the Pats having two weeks to get ready and having just played them and gave up 35 doesn't bode well for the Giants. BB will have a very solid game plan to make sure another 35 aren't put up the second time around. The Giants have had a great post season, but I don't see them winning this game. I've always respected Tom Coughlin, going way back to when he coached at BC, but sorry Tom, when push comes to shove, BB gets the win.

The Pats get my vote. I have to think that the Pats having two weeks to get ready and having just played them and gave up 35 doesn't bode well for the Giants. BB will have a very solid game plan to make sure another 35 aren't put up the second time around. The Giants have had a great post season, but I don't see them winning this game. I've always respected Tom Coughlin, going way back to when he coached at BC, but sorry Tom, when push comes to shove, BB gets the win.

Hey Slapper, I admitted I was wrong on NE defense, but you have to admit all season long the Pats offense is what got them to where they are now. It is one of the best of all time, if not the best,

their defense has had some rought times but does seem to get it done when it has to, so they are a good defense, not great like the 03 or 04 team IMO.

Good win for you and topshelf