The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

GDT today!-SuperBowl XLII-Pats vs Giants

Hey Medford,

I can understand that the offense of the Pats was the dominating factor in the success of the Patriots this season. I was just amazed that with a defense that ranked 4th overall for the regular season, it would be considered average, and not only by you, by many. I think that because the offense has been so dominant, it tends to overshadow and falsely depict the defense as average. I'm not saying this defense is as good as the 03 or 04 defense, but then again, they haven't had to be. It does seem though, when they've had to make the big stop, they've been able to, for the most part. I am of the thinking that this defense is very good, I can't really say there is a team out there whose defense I would rather have playing in Foxboro. This defense is capable of going 3-4, 4-3, many different looks, lots of smarts on that side of the ball. Underrated, for sure, imo.

Hey Medford,

I can understand that the offense of the Pats was the dominating factor in the success of the Patriots this season. I was just amazed that with a defense that ranked 4th overall for the regular season, it would be considered average, and not only by you, by many. I think that because the offense has been so dominant, it tends to overshadow and falsely depict the defense as average. I'm not saying this defense is as good as the 03 or 04 defense, but then again, they haven't had to be. It does seem though, when they've had to make the big stop, they've been able to, for the most part. I am of the thinking that this defense is very good, I can't really say there is a team out there whose defense I would rather have playing in Foxboro. This defense is capable of going 3-4, 4-3, many different looks, lots of smarts on that side of the ball. Underrated, for sure, imo.

I think its a perception thing really. They are very good and have gotten it done all year.

vs Balt and Philly they needed a TO and got it. Vs the NYG when getting challenged they got a huge sack of Eli

This week when Brady was not at his best they held a scrappy SD team to Fgs. I tip my hat.

I just wish some of the greatess of NE could rub off on our Canes

and for me my Broncos ;)

38-17 Pats is my score and I am sticking with it. Not what I want to happen but

what I think will happen.

I think the Pats will win it.

God forgive me for saying this but I hope the Giants do. I will prob never say that again nor did I ever think I would to began with.

I cant believe the poll is evenly split. Where are all the folks drinking the Haterade for the Hatriots?

The same goes for folks who hate the Yankees just for winning.....

The Pats have now reached the pinnacle of hatedom...Yankees move over!!!

I haven't really paid much attention to NFL until this season. Only reason I continued to watch this season was to watch this team just bulldoze over everyone and win it all. It's going to be a tight game, hopefully the Pats will win it.

As much as I hate to say it, it will probably be the Patriots, of course. I don't like the Giants, being an Eagles fan, but I REALLY dislike the Patriots. So here's to the Giants!

hi I don't believe we met I'm the dolphins fan who hates the patriots almost as much as I hate the yankees

~bow~ Howdy TSA and CFAS. I'm a Colts/Steelers fan who hates the patriots as much as I hate the yankees. I am cheering for the underdog... GO GIANTS!!!!!! Eli: Make your bro proud!!!

Well this could certainly get interesting...

Just like what was done to Tony Romo and ARod:

The campaign to distract Tom by flaunting the face of his ex-girlfriend is being spearheaded by New York's classic rock station Q104.3, which is "all about psyching out Brady for the Super Bowl," according to their website. "We've created this Bridget mask to help you guys do it! Download it, print it out on a color printer, cut it up, paste it to a stick and voila! Carry it with you around the city, take it with you to the big game

The campaign to distract Tom by flaunting the face of his ex-girlfriend is being spearheaded by New York's classic rock station Q104.3, which is "all about psyching out Brady for the Super Bowl," according to their website. "We've created this Bridget mask to help you guys do it! Download it, print it out on a color printer, cut it up, paste it to a stick and voila! Carry it with you around the city, take it with you to the big game

Sorry Topshelfavry but I just can't cheer for a bunch of cheaters:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets

That's all you got :P

Nah, between my teams I have 3 SuperBowls, 2 World Series and 1 Stanley Cup.

And you?

That's all you got :P

And you?

And you?

Well I have 1 World Series (Phillies) and 3 Stanley cups (2 Flyers/1 Canes).

Even though the Browns/Indians are my go to team (I did live in Ohio for 9 years). I was born in Philly and lived there for 5 years, so my blood is Philly and I can use them.

So yeah, my 3 Stanley cups are greater than your 3 superbowls since Pats cheat :P

And you?

I've got 1 Stanley Cup. It's better because I can focus all my energy on that one Cup. You've got to spread yours around. Silly TSA.

And you?

Okay, I'll play with the big dogs.

Here's my teams:

Bears: 1 Superbowl (who did they SPANK in 1986?) please, someone kidnap Grossman!

Cubs: NOTHING IN ALMOST 100 YEARS, please God, please....in my lifetime for Christmas sake! I'll convert!!

NY Yankees: 3 World Series....and during those years the Boston Red Sox pretty much sucked big time

NY Rangers when I lived in NYC: 1 Cup

Hurricanes: 1 Cup

1 SuperBowl, 2 Cups, 3 World Series.

Here's my teams:

Bears: 1 Superbowl (who did they SPANK in 1986?) please, someone kidnap Grossman!

Cubs: NOTHING IN ALMOST 100 YEARS, please God, please....in my lifetime for Christmas sake! I'll convert!!

NY Yankees: 3 World Series....and during those years the Boston Red Sox pretty much sucked big time

Hmmm, didn't think to add in the 2 Cups from the Bruins.

Make that 3 Superbowls, 2 World Series and 3 Stanley Cups ;)

Thanks Ivyleager, Im rooting for your Cubbies too.

Im begining to feel like Marcus when we play Toronto, LOL. The board vs Topshelfavry....where the heck is Slapper when I need him????

Here's my teams:

Im begining to feel like Marcus when we play Toronto, LOL. The board vs Topshelfavry....where the heck is Slapper when I need him????

Hey I am on your side for the Sox ;)

Canes and Bruins ;)

no comment on the football team but a little will feel good for you when the win :lol:

for you slapper, my dad and brotherinlaw. :)