The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

GDT today!-SuperBowl XLII-Pats vs Giants

Hey I am on your side for the Sox ;)

Canes and Bruins ;)

no comment on the football team but a little will feel good for you when the win :lol:

for you slapper, my dad and brotherinlaw. :)

Thanks Medford, looks like its gonna be a long 12 days till we get there, LOL.

Hey I am on your side for the Sox ;)

Canes and Bruins ;)

no comment on the football team but a little will feel good for you when the win :lol:

for you slapper, my dad and brotherinlaw. :)

Thanks Medford, looks like its gonna be a long 12 days till we get there, LOL.

Giants hopes all depend on whether good Ely or REALLY BAD Ely shows up. Looks like a Pats head game with the Brady cast/I'm all better thing. <_<

Make that 3 Superbowls, 2 World Series and 3 Stanley Cups ;)

You must be one heck of an athlete to accomplish all that :lol: sounds very yankee-ish braging about all those trophies. ;)

I'm rooting for NY, not that I care for NY, but the thought of seeing brady with that stupid grin on his face holding the trophy... <_<

But it would be something for little manning to win a ring after big bro wins one last year. I'm not sure but has that ever happened before?

You must be one heck of an athlete to accomplish all that :lol: sounds very yankee-ish braging about all those trophies. ;)

I'm rooting for NY, not that I care for NY, but the thought of seeing brady with that stupid grin on his face holding the trophy... <_<

But it would be something for little manning to win a ring after big bro wins one last year. I'm not sure but has that ever happened before?

Dont know about the Yankee-ish but I know it is bragging. Im just having some fun on my own little island down here. Ive been very behaved all season and Im in Medford's top 10% of good Pats fans. That should account for.....something.

Dont know about the Yankee-ish but I know it is bragging. Im just having some fun on my own little island down here. Ive been very behaved all season and Im in Medford's top 10% of good Pats fans. That should account for.....something.

top 1% :)

unlike some morons here, like Gerry Calahan the worst sportswriter of all time :lol:

Another senseless NFL stat to pass the time till next Sunday:

Most playoff wins in a decade:

Patriots (2000s) -- 14

Cowboys (1970s) -- 14

Steelers (1970s) -- 14

49ers (1980s) -- 13

Cowboys (1990s) -- 12

Redskins (1980s) -- 11

Bills (1990s) -- 10

Packers (1960s) -- 9

Packers (1990s) -- 9

(Note: The playoff format changed in 1990, so the Patriots had more opportunities to win playoff games when advancing from the wild-card round.)

Patriots (2000s) -- 14

Cowboys (1970s) -- 14

Steelers (1970s) -- 14

49ers (1980s) -- 13

Cowboys (1990s) -- 12

Redskins (1980s) -- 11

Bills (1990s) -- 10

Packers (1960s) -- 9

Packers (1990s) -- 9

(Note: The playoff format changed in 1990, so the Patriots had more opportunities to win playoff games when advancing from the wild-card round.)

Patriots (2000s) -- 14

Cowboys (1970s) -- 14

Steelers (1970s) -- 14

49ers (1980s) -- 13

Cowboys (1990s) -- 12

Redskins (1980s) -- 11

Bills (1990s) -- 10

Packers (1960s) -- 9

Packers (1990s) -- 9

That's a rather padded stat: wouldn't it be better to compare playoff wins during each teams supposed "dynasty". If so, I think the 49ers are team on top of that pile. I'd argue that the 1990 49er playoff wins should be included, then they'd be right at the top, where they belong.

Here's a better one: who has the most SB wins:

5 - 49ers (in 13 years), Steelers, Cowboys

4 - none

3 - Raiders, Pats, Redskins, Packers

Pats are good, but when Brady retires, will they have someone in the wings like the 49ers did when Montana left? Not only did the 49ers have a capable quarterback in Steve Young, but he also won a league MVP and a SB MVP. Tom Brady may even tie Joe Cool for MVP wins (3) and SB wins (4), I still say Montana is hands above Brady.

That's a rather padded stat: wouldn't it be better to compare playoff wins during each teams supposed "dynasty". If so, I think the 49ers are team on top of that pile. I'd argue that the 1990 49er playoff wins should be included, then they'd be right at the top, where they belong.

4 - none

Pats are good, but when Brady retires, will they have someone in the wings like the 49ers did when Montana left? Not only did the 49ers have a capable quarterback in Steve Young, but he also won a league MVP and a SB MVP. Tom Brady may even tie Joe Cool for MVP wins (3) and SB wins (4), I still say Montana is hands above Brady.

ok

4 - none

ok

I cannot wait for the Superbowl...why can't it be THIS weekend??

Headed off to get a Pats shirt this weekend to show my support!

It cant be this weekend because I'll be at the All Star game ;)

It cant be this weekend because I'll be at the All Star game ;)

Well I have 1 World Series (Phillies) and 3 Stanley cups (2 Flyers/1 Canes).

Even though the Browns/Indians are my go to team (I did live in Ohio for 9 years). I was born in Philly and lived there for 5 years, so my blood is Philly and I can use them.

So yeah, my 3 Stanley cups are greater than your 3 superbowls since Pats cheat :P

What about 12 Stanley Cups? Red Wings and Canes combined, beats all :lol:

Media Day for the Pats before they leave for Arizona:

FOXBOROUGH -- A few highlights from the media access to the locker room today:

1) Harrison on Thursday's practice. Safety Rodney Harrison, who has been battling a thigh injury in recent weeks and wasn't present at the media-access portion of Thursday's practice, touched on his absence. "Old age," he cracked. "I'm fine. It's a long season. I'm fine. I'll be there [sunday]."

2) Stallworth jokes about Brady. WRs Donte' Stallworth and Wes Welker held press conferences in the media workroom. At the end of Stallworth's press conference, he was asked about Tom Brady's ankle injury. "Bill [belichick] actually brought me into his office earlier this morning and asked me if I wanted to move to quarterback, and we're going to put in a whole new offense," Stallworth cracked. "We're going to run the option. We brought in the coach from Nebraska, Tom Osborne, I've met with him and we have the option going. Tom is going to go ahead and let me take the reins on Sunday."

3)Rosevelt Colvin sighting. Outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin, who is on the injured reserve list due to a foot injury, walked through the locker room with an orange hood covering his head. When reporters approached him for comment, he said he'd be at the Super Bowl and would check in at that time.

EXTRA POINTS: LBs Junior Seau, Tedy Bruschi and Larry Izzo and WR Kelley Washington were a few players drawing larger media crowds. ... There was no sign of QB Tom Brady in the locker room.

Media Day for the Pats before they leave for Arizona:

FOXBOROUGH -- A few highlights from the media access to the locker room today:

1) Harrison on Thursday's practice. Safety Rodney Harrison, who has been battling a thigh injury in recent weeks and wasn't present at the media-access portion of Thursday's practice, touched on his absence. "Old age," he cracked. "I'm fine. It's a long season. I'm fine. I'll be there [sunday]."

2) Stallworth jokes about Brady. WRs Donte' Stallworth and Wes Welker held press conferences in the media workroom. At the end of Stallworth's press conference, he was asked about Tom Brady's ankle injury. "Bill [belichick] actually brought me into his office earlier this morning and asked me if I wanted to move to quarterback, and we're going to put in a whole new offense," Stallworth cracked. "We're going to run the option. We brought in the coach from Nebraska, Tom Osborne, I've met with him and we have the option going. Tom is going to go ahead and let me take the reins on Sunday."

3)Rosevelt Colvin sighting. Outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin, who is on the injured reserve list due to a foot injury, walked through the locker room with an orange hood covering his head. When reporters approached him for comment, he said he'd be at the Super Bowl and would check in at that time.

EXTRA POINTS: LBs Junior Seau, Tedy Bruschi and Larry Izzo and WR Kelley Washington were a few players drawing larger media crowds. ... There was no sign of QB Tom Brady in the locker room.

4 - none

I am not a Pats fan but you basically dicredit Brady. Montana was great but is not hands about Brady.

and what about when Brady Retires, its not going to be anytime soon, so why even bring that up?

Montana also played with the best receiver of all time for a lot of his career and Brady finally got a receiver this year that is in Jerry Rice's class.

Montana is better but not way above and Steve Young is not even close to Brady. 1 Super Bowl win and a lot of losing to the Cowboys and Packers. Young is very good and more comparable to Peyton Manning for his exploits.

I am a huge Bronco fan and put Elway up there as well, but I even think Brady is above Elway, it hurts to say this but I feel its true.