The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

GDT today!-SuperBowl XLII-Pats vs Giants

there is one moron for every Pats opponnent :angry: :(:unsure:

What were the complaints the Giants had the last game of the season? Was it about the reffing or something the Pats diod, I cant remember but I remember there being some kind of contraversy.

there is one moron for every Pats opponnent :angry: :(:unsure:

What were the complaints the Giants had the last game of the season? Was it about the reffing or something the Pats diod, I cant remember but I remember there being some kind of contraversy.

Usi Umiyora (sp) said Matt Light is dirty.

Also remember Vince Wilfork did poke someone in the eye and was fined for it.

just dumb talk as usual

Usi Umiyora (sp) said Matt Light is dirty.

Also remember Vince Wilfork did poke someone in the eye and was fined for it.

just dumb talk as usual :(

Eli hasn't been playing like himself, and that's good! :D lol, I am a Giants fan so of course I am going with the Giants. If we can make it first half w/o an interception, we have a good chance. ;)

Eli hasn't been playing like himself, and that's good! :D lol, I am a Giants fan so of course I am going with the Giants. If we can make it first half w/o an interception, we have a good chance. ;)

Eli has been impressive the last half of the season. Lets just say I hope he hits another dry patch this weekend ;) .

3 days 2 hours and 6 minutes......

Eli has been impressive the last half of the season. Lets just say I hope he hits another dry patch this weekend ;) .

3 days 2 hours and 6 minutes......

I am not a Pats fan but you basically dicredit Brady. Montana was great but is not hands about Brady.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Compare the stats. It's as simple as that. Brady may surpass Montana, at some point. But make no mistake about it, there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Michigan football fanatic and have loved Brady since his back-up days....best 2nd string QB in college football..LOL.

and what about when Brady Retires, its not going to be anytime soon, so why even bring that up?

Probably not, but if the Pats organization doesn't have another quality QB in the wings, then they'll most likely flounder in the AFC.

Montana also played with the best receiver of all time for a lot of his career and Brady finally got a receiver this year that is in Jerry Rice's class.

Point well taken. However, you can't throw all your passes to one receiver. Some of Montana's highlight reel passes were to receivers other than Rice.

Montana is better but not way above and Steve Young is not even close to Brady. 1 Super Bowl win and a lot of losing to the Cowboys and Packers. Young is very good and more comparable to Peyton Manning for his exploits.

Agreed, I wouldn't put Young above Brady or Elway either.

Joe Montanas stats

Career statistics

Year Team GP Att Com Pct Yds TD Int Rate

1979 San Francisco 49ers 16 23 13 56.5 96 1 0 81.1

1980 San Francisco 49ers 15 273 176 64.5 1795 15 9 87.8

1981 San Francisco 49ers 16 488 311 63.7 3565 19 12 88.4

1982 San Francisco 49ers 9 346 213 61.6 2613 17 11 88.0

1983 San Francisco 49ers 16 515 332 64.5 3910 26 12 94.6

1984 San Francisco 49ers 16 432 279 64.6 3630 28 10 102.9

1985 San Francisco 49ers 15 494 303 61.3 3653 27 13 91.3

1986 San Francisco 49ers 8 307 191 62.2 2236 8 9 80.7

1987 San Francisco 49ers 13 398 266 66.8 3054 31 13 102.1

1988 San Francisco 49ers 14 397 238 59.9 2981 18 10 87.9

1989 San Francisco 49ers 13 386 271 70.2 3521 26 8 112.4

1990 San Francisco 49ers 15 520 321 61.7 3944 26 16 89.0

1992 San Francisco 49ers 1 21 15 71.4 126 2 0 118.4

1993 Kansas City Chiefs 11 298 181 60.7 2144 13 7 87.4

1994 Kansas City Chiefs 14 493 299 60.6 3283 16 9 83.6

Career Totals 192 5391 3409 63.2 40551 273 139 92.3

273 Tds and 139 Ints in 15 years

Brady in 8 years with 7 being the starter. he has has 197 tds and 86 picks

I think the stats are very comparable and Brady has only played half of Montana

Also Montanas career high was 31 tds and Brady threw 50 this year, which is almost 40%

higher than Joes best.

Also QB ranking has Montana at 92.3 and Brady at 92.9 very close

I would rank them 1 and 1A

Year Team Games Starts Wins Passing Rushing Fumbles

Comp Att Pct Yds YPA Long TD Int Rate Att Yds Avg TD Fum Lost

2000 NE 1 0 0 1 3 33.3 6 2 6 0 0 42.4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2001 NE 15 14 11 264 413 63.9 2,843 6.9 91 18 12 86.5 36 43 1.2 0 12 3

2002 NE 16 16 9 373 601 62.1 3,764 6.3 49 28

A fresh serving of this for all that Pat's haters:

haterade-49177.jpg

Definitions:

1) A bevarage comsumed by haters to refuel their hating campabilities.

2) A trace vitamin that restores your ability to continue hating long after most people would give it up.

haterade-49177.jpg

Definitions:

2) A trace vitamin that restores your ability to continue hating long after most people would give it up.

The Patriots must die for America to survive.

Does this mean I need to move to Canada before Sunday?

LOL you 2... Froggie you rule!!!!!!!!!

haterade-49177.jpg

Definitions:

Loved that TSA... must say... Seems like something to refuel Pats fans that are too confident!! :o:P;)

Let the games begin...the head games anyway

Giants' Plaxico Burress Misses Practice; Super Bowl Status Unknown

Posted Feb 1st 2008 10:18AM by Dan Benton

It looks like the New England Patriots aren't the only team dealing with a somewhat questionable and suspect injury; the New York Giants are right there with them.

Star wide receiver Plaxico Burress sat out of practice yesterday, but it wasn't because of the ankle injury that has plagued him all season. Instead, Burress rode the stationary bike and received treatment because of what's being called a "swollen knee."

"He has an ankle that always has been a problem, but he also has some issues with a knee that off and on in the past has bothered him," coach Tom Coughlin said. "That's the thing right now. Between the two of them, that's why he's not working. He comes out and tries to go and can't go."

Missing practice is nothing new for number 17, but Coughlin openly claiming "he can't go" certainly is.

Whether or not Burress' injury is enough to keep him off the field on Sunday remains to be seen, but it's probably not something you should bank on. In fact, there is a remote chance this is nothing more than head game retaliation courtesy of those savvy New York Giants.

Let the games begin...the head games anyway

Giants' Plaxico Burress Misses Practice; Super Bowl Status Unknown

Posted Feb 1st 2008 10:18AM by Dan Benton

It looks like the New England Patriots aren't the only team dealing with a somewhat questionable and suspect injury; the New York Giants are right there with them.

Star wide receiver Plaxico Burress sat out of practice yesterday, but it wasn't because of the ankle injury that has plagued him all season. Instead, Burress rode the stationary bike and received treatment because of what's being called a "swollen knee."

"He has an ankle that always has been a problem, but he also has some issues with a knee that off and on in the past has bothered him," coach Tom Coughlin said. "That's the thing right now. Between the two of them, that's why he's not working. He comes out and tries to go and can't go."

Missing practice is nothing new for number 17, but Coughlin openly claiming "he can't go" certainly is.

Whether or not Burress' injury is enough to keep him off the field on Sunday remains to be seen, but it's probably not something you should bank on. In fact, there is a remote chance this is nothing more than head game retaliation courtesy of those savvy New York Giants.

The Patriots must die for America to survive.

Wooooow that is a bit harsh, eh?

Are you all readying yourself for the greatness that is to come??!?