The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2019 Draft

2 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

Saturday, Sept. 21st. 7 p.m.

I went to the one last September. Not a bad game, for preseason. Even went to OT - Reimer for FL gave up a goal early in OT, if I recall correctly.

They had one last year too?  Man, I’m missing a lot of staff meetings to not be picking up on this!

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

They had one last year too?  Man, I’m missing a lot of staff meetings to not be picking up on this!

As usual, my memory failed me. Panthers beat the Stars in OT last September at BOK Center, 4-3.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/stars-fall-in-ot-to-panthers-in-nhl-exhibition-at/article_5cde8439-b720-5e57-885c-0a446113ba85.html

Edited by JonKerfoot
spelling

Oh look...we traded the pick to the Wild...probably for a formal apology on the Rask trade!

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

On the clock again...will we trade this for a 5th and 2x6th’s?

Pick traded to the Wild, it looks like....

I think we all wanted to see the Canes trade some picks, but i also think we all wanted those trades to be either up or for players, not down for additional picks...

• Like 1

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

I think we all wanted to see the Canes trade some picks, but i also think we all wanted those trades to be either up or for players, not down for additional picks...

WTH did the Wild pick trade net us?

34 minutes ago, cc said:

Pick 83

I dunno how *that* worked. Ottawa traded #44 and #83 to Florida for #37 per the NHL website, so how did Ottawa have their #83 to trade to us?

JUNE 22: Ottawa Senators acquire No. 37 pick in 2019 NHL Draft from Florida Panthers for No. 44 and No. 83 picks in 2019 NHL Draft.

Edited by JonKerfoot
  • Like 1

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

The draft hasn’t made much sense so far for us. The picks are good but haven’t made us better.

This!

Trying not to sharpen my pitchfork, as it’s not UFA season yet...but this draft and the lack of signings has me downright pinging!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

I dunno how *that* worked. Ottawa traded #44 and #83 to Florida for #37 per the NHL website, so how did Ottawa have their #83 to trade to us?

JUNE 22: Ottawa Senators acquire No. 37 pick in 2019 NHL Draft from Florida Panthers for No. 44 and No. 83 picks in 2019 NHL Draft.

I think the NHL got their wires crossed and put the Panthers instead of the Canes.

2 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I think the NHL got their wires crossed and put the Panthers instead of the Canes.

You're right. I'm just addled today....

Anyone know anything about Hugo Leufvenius?  I was looking up Jamieson Rees who had 32 pts in 37 with Sarnia; meanwhile Leuf was their leading scorer with 81 pts (37g) in 66 games.  I'm only seeing his numbers, but they're attractive...

4 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Man Detroit got Grewe

Stevie Y has been on a tear this draft

1 minute ago, JonKerfoot said:

You're right. I'm just addled today....

The Carolina Panthers even confuse the NHL to the point where they think Carolina Hurricanes = Florida Panthers...