The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

2019 Draft

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I had a dream last night and we landed Spencer Knight for our two second rounders.

God I hope so!

Knight is about the only prospect I’m even interested in or would get me pumped.

Outside of him, Hughes, and Kakko I know nothing about any of these guys. Feels weird not being up on the prospects this year, but that’s what a run to the ECF will do, and I’m ok with that.

• Like 3

Can we get rid of this garbage before a pick and just make picks?  It would easily save an hour.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Can we get rid of this garbage before a pick and just make picks?  It would easily save an hour.

That’s why 2-7 are tomorrow 

Just now, AWACSooner said:

That’s why 2-7 are tomorrow 

Still it’s unnecessary. We know everybody back at some bar no one else cares about is having a good time. Here is a lengthy introduction for some unnecessary reason. Also, congratulations to these franchise for winning cuz we suck.  

Send the person you want to make the pick up to the podium.  The Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select blankety blank. 

Boom, done.

Just now, cclifford10 said:

Aho mentioned on Radio as available.

The *edit* he is!!!

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Still it’s unnecessary. We know everybody back at some bar no one else cares about is having a good time. Here is a lengthy introduction for some unnecessary reason. Also, congratulations to these franchise for winning cuz we suck.  

Send the person you want to make the pick up to the podium.  The Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select blankety blank. 

Boom, done.

Compare to the NBA draft last night. Adam Silver came out and announced the picks. Didn’t bring up the entire management of each team. Or spend 5 minutes announcing a pick.

1 minute ago, cclifford10 said:

Aho mentioned on Radio as available.

Yea right. The league doesn’t like the new guy turning over the apple cart.  They will say anything.

this guy wants to run everything

this guy’s team is ruining hockey with their kid celebrations

this guy is cheap

this guy is willing to sell off his franchise player

2 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Compare to the NBA draft last night. Adam Silver came out and announced the picks. Didn’t bring up the entire management of each team. Or spend 5 minutes announcing a pick.

Im cool with sending a franchise player up there. Allows the fans to stay connected with retired players.  Keep the pick short and simple.

If Aho is available, then there is something seriously wrong with the Canes.  It is already a disturbing trend that pretty much every player that has been up for a contact, meetings don’t go well, and then player is traded.  

If they trade Aho, they will really gave some explaining to do.   

They eventually need to pay someone to stick around. 

6 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Yea right. The league doesn’t like the new guy turning over the apple cart.  They will say anything.

this guy wants to run everything

this guy’s team is ruining hockey with their kid celebrations

this guy is cheap

this guy is willing to sell off his franchise player

Well no doubt Dundon is not an establishment favorite. But. We said we wanted to sign Mrazek. Not done. We said we wanted to sign McE. Not done. We said we wanted to extend Faulk. Not done. We said we wanted to extend Aho long term. Not done. We had 2 high profile RFAs up for contracts last year. Traded them instead of signing them. This is way beyond a trend. Sign Mrazek and Aho by July 1st. Trade Faulk, I don’t care. Do you hear about other organizations that can’t seem to get anyone signed? Not the successful ones.

6 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Well no doubt Dundon is not an establishment favorite. But. We said we wanted to sign Mrazek. Not done. We said we wanted to sign McE. Not done. We said we wanted to extend Faulk. Not done. We said we wanted to extend Aho long term. Not done. We had 2 high profile RFAs up for contracts last year. Traded them instead of signing them. This is way beyond a trend. Sign Mrazek and Aho by July 1st. Trade Faulk, I don’t care. Do you hear about other organizations that can’t seem to get anyone signed? Not the successful ones.

You can’t say that Lindholm or Hanifin were worth 5 million yet.  

On top of that, we’re the only organization, not named TB, that tries to get value out of players.  

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

TRADE:

Philly trades 11 to Coyotes for 14 and 45 

Hope the Cayotes are not looking for a goalie?

Just now, KJUNKANE said:

Hope the Cayotes are not looking for a goalie?

We weren’t getting knight anyways. I wouldn’t doubt it though.

Apparently the reason we are having trouble flipping D for O, is everyone decided to draft their D this year. Apparently our success has been noticed...

1 minute ago, DevildogKodi said:

Apparently the reason we are having trouble flipping D for O, is everyone decided to draft their D this year. Apparently our success has been noticed...

Drafting d this year is completely different than getting one confirmed to be a real player 

• Like 2