The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Calder Cup Finals 2019

Charlotte Checkers (Hurricanes) vs Chicago Wolves (Golden Knights)

finals_schedule_chicago.jpg

Hopefully NHL-N picks it up...they showed a few games of the Chicago/San Diego semis 

This is just so cool. 

With the obvious caveat that anything can happen and both teams had to win a lot to get here, and both teams have strong goaltending, but Chicago has a very slight edge there in the playoffs.....

This one is set up for us to win. In past years there has been a powerhouse, too big to beat type team, but not this year, and not Chicago.

We have a goal per game edge in goals for, both in the regular season (0.7) and playoffs (1.0), and a goals against per game of 0.5 in the playoffs and 0.1 during the season. That translates to 1.5 goals per game edge in these playoffs, and .83 goals per game in the regular season. Put that together and it's fair to say we have about a 1 goal per game edge. 

Add in the home ice, and we are clearly the favorites. Still have to go out there and get it. But I like our chances!

12 minutes ago, remkin said:

This is just so cool. 

With the obvious caveat that anything can happen and both teams had to win a lot to get here, and both teams have strong goaltending, but Chicago has a very slight edge there in the playoffs.....

This one is set up for us to win. In past years there has been a powerhouse, too big to beat type team, but not this year, and not Chicago.

We have a goal per game edge in goals for, both in the regular season (0.7) and playoffs (1.0), and a goals against per game of 0.5 in the playoffs and 0.1 during the season. That translates to 1.5 goals per game edge in these playoffs, and .83 goals per game in the regular season. Put that together and it's fair to say we have about a 1 goal per game edge. 

Add in the home ice, and we are clearly the favorites. Still have to go out there and get it. But I like our chances!

I think the argument could be made that this year it's the Chex.  Of course, you've still got to play the games, and as you say, anything can happen.

• Like 1

Go Wolves! :P 

Wolves have a special someone this season they are trying to win for. It has driven them to this point and I really it hope we can complete that journey. :pray:

1 hour ago, G50 said:

Wolves have a special someone this season they are trying to win for. It has driven them to this point and I really it hope we can complete that journey. :pray:

7A743519-EEA1-476C-9B55-0FA30EB2BD8C.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, G50 said:

This is a Checkers board.  Perhaps you are lost in the wilderness(Wolves, get it?)

Checked the NHL-N listings...no mentioning they’re showing the Finals 😡

17 hours ago, G50 said:

???? Enlighten us please, as I'm totally in the dark here?

The Wolves still have IMO the coolest logo in professional sports and my Wolves sweater is still my favorite hockey sweater.  Go Chex.

17 hours ago, cc said:

This is a Checkers board.  Perhaps you are lost in the wilderness(Wolves, get it?)

We are facing each other :P 

AHL and NHL have always been treated separately for me, since I've grown up near All-State arena. 

5 hours ago, G50 said:

We are facing each other :P 

AHL and NHL have always been treated separately for me, since I've grown up near All-State arena. 

Ban him!!! ;)

8 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ban him!!! ;)

Burn the witch.  LOL.  Just kidding all in jeet.

• Like 1

5 days off between games 5 and 6. That would drive me nuts as a player who wanted to get it over with. If the series should go that long seems like a huge advantage for Charlotte, if there is any rust I'm sure the fans would help the Chex shake it off quickly.

33 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

5 days off between games 5 and 6. That would drive me nuts as a player who wanted to get it over with. If the series should go that long seems like a huge advantage for Charlotte, if there is any rust I'm sure the fans would help the Chex shake it off quickly.

No worries. Chex in 4.

• Like 2

I'll be there Saturday sporting the same Everblades sweater i wore last weekend - seemed to be good mojo.  Probably won't make it Sunday tho.

I think (hope) we are about to see what happens when you have a core group of guys together for a couple of years straight, having strung together successful pre-season prospects tourneys, seasons, and progressive steps through the playoffs. How hungry do you think all these guys will be for a chance to replicate that success, as a group, at the NHL level?

They're all playing for bright futures, together, with this org. If they succeed, the Calder Cup will be incidental, in the bigger scheme of things.

I’m making the trip for my first Checkers game ever Saturday. Bought center ice seats for $40 each. It helped that the Chex website said ticket sales started at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, but Ticketmaster began selling the tickets at 9:00! I saw Game 7 of the ECF in ‘06, and both Raleigh games of the ECF in ‘09, but did not get to a SCF game in ‘06. So a Calder Cup final is as close as I’ll get for now.Looking forward to a Checkers win Saturday. The Canes won all 3 playoff games I attended this year, so I’m hoping my mojo travels to Charlotte.

• Like 3

Checkers call on Pig Power in Calder Cup series :groupwave:

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

Checkers call on Pig Power in Calder Cup series :groupwave:

Bears eat pigs..................just sayin.

1 hour ago, cc said:

Bears eat pigs..................just sayin.

Yeah but wolves only huff and puff

This is so much more exciting to me than Bruins-Blues. I'm invested in this one. Our guys. One step away from the first organizational championship in 13 years (or so). Oh bring this on! And it all starts..tonight!

• Like 1