The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Calder Cup Finals 2019

Well worth it. Checkers up 3-1. 

Necas moves at will. Poturalski with a sweet goal. Chicago definitely getting their chances. A bit sloppy at times. 

Lots of brawls so far. 

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

Don't think I've seen Gauthier out there, but not sure..

Gauthier is injured.

mattheos playing today. Sellgren also not playing.  Geekie is centering line one.

• Like 1

Chicago got two in, total screens on both. Chicago is a very skilled team. 3-3 after two. Ouch with the last second goal. New game.

Bean with a couple of nice offensive moves and on D too.  Roy with a couple of nice plays too, best forward for me that period. Ned with big save on the 3 on 1 and a couple of others too.  

Just home from my first game in Charlotte. Instead of towels, the damn Checkers gave out cowbells, so my ears are still ringing. I thought the Chex dominated the first period and felt really good about our chances. We didn’t seem to generate a lot of offense the last 2 periods, and failure to keep possession of the puck (a really weak turnover) with maybe 35-40 seconds left in the second period cost us a goal when Chicago scored on a shot from the point with less than 6 seconds to go. If we retain possession in our end as we should have, the second period ends 3-2 Chex and hopefully that would have held up. They are an exciting team to watch though. All 3 regulation goals by Chicago were point shots with screens, and I don’t think Ned really had a chance on any of them. He also stoned three Chicago breakaways, so I thought he had a good game in spite of the loss.

As an aside, Hamilton the pig made an appearance including being paraded in front of my car while waiting in the parking lot. They also brought him into the coliseum and showed him on the video board several times. Unfortunately, Hamilton and I both left our mojo from Canes success at playoff games I attended at home. But the series has a long way to go, and I believe the Chex will get it done.

• Like 1

No time for the Chex to hang their heads. Gotta ante up and get back on the horse this evening. Go Chex 😎

Edited by surfzone365

Horrendous call. Then a weak clear attempt by Fleury 😖, but turns into a nice pass up for the shortie by Schikey.