The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Derailed75

Something cool

Saw this on ESPN's Wysh list. Take any NHL skater born on the same day you were, against the winning starting goalie of the Cups champs the year you were born. If he scores you live if the goalie stops him you die. Do you live or die?

Not looking really good for me.

My skater Jonathan Toews (April 29), sounds good however

1975 Patrick Roy

What you guys got

4 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Saw this on ESPN's Wysh list. Take any NHL skater born on the same day you were, against the winning starting goalie of the Cups champs the year you were born. If he scores you live if the goalie stops him you die. Do you live or die?

1975 Patrick Roy

What you guys got

Saw something similar but it was the winning Cup goalie the year you graduated high school.  Haven't looked mine up.

5 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Saw something similar but it was the winning Cup goalie the year you graduated high school.  Haven't looked mine up.

It was and it was Roy in 93. Not sure why I put 75

So what's yours

Edited by Derailed75

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 PM, Derailed75 said:

1975 Patrick Roy

What you guys got

Oh, I'm definitely dead.

The top three scoring players born on my birthday (not birthdate - all those guys are dead now), according to hockey-reference.com, are probably Bryan McCabe (played for six teams over 12 seasons), Mike Cammalleri, and Thomas Steen - not what I would call household names.

The starting goalie for the Stanley Cup champions in 1977, when I graduated high school - Ken Dryden of the Canadiens. Montreal swept two of three series on their way to the Cup that year, including sweeping Don Cherry's Bruins in the final.

I'd be better off picking Rob Ray as my NHL skater. He couldn't score worth a darn, but at least he could beat the stuffing out of Dryden. 😉

1977 Stanley Cup trivia. Latter-day hockey broadcaster Brian Engblom played two games with the Canadiens during the Stanley Cup playoffs, but none in the final (and none in the regular season), and didn't get his name on the Cup. Engblom was on the team that won the Calder Cup that same season, as were two others added to the post-season roster for the Canadiens.

Edited by JonKerfoot
Added name of 1977 Bruins coach....