The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

2019 NHL Prospects Showcase

September 7  and 8th  and 10th 

The Hurricanes prospects will be playing against others teams prospects  in nashville    . The first opponent  is  the caps  and  the second  is the lightning .   

http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308593258/binary-file/file.pdf

Edited by Canesfanforever

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

The team wasn’t good. He was left out to dry a lot 

on maybe a few of those goals  but  not all 10  .  Helvig  is  not showing me anything for reasons to keep him around ! 

Anybody else end up looking good? According the Cane's website, not much analysis really, but:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/prospects-showcase-recap-canes-bested-by-caps/c-308972258

It was professional players that did well it seemed. It was mentioned that we were the youngest team out there with a few vets thrown in there. Kuokkanen, Bean and Priskie reportedly looked really good. I got the feeling reading the re cap that the coach sort of put our there that the young guys weren't really ready to play a team game at the level of this tourney. Hopefully a wake up call. 

4 hours ago, remkin said:

Anybody else end up looking good? According the Cane's website, not much analysis really, but:

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/prospects-showcase-recap-canes-bested-by-caps/c-308972258

It was professional players that did well it seemed. It was mentioned that we were the youngest team out there with a few vets thrown in there. Kuokkanen, Bean and Priskie reportedly looked really good. I got the feeling reading the re cap that the coach sort of put our there that the young guys weren't really ready to play a team game at the level of this tourney. Hopefully a wake up call. 

Priskie and Bean looked solid   when they  had the puck on their stick .   I look forward to what they can do for the canes in the future .   Sellgren i think had an assist .  But Priskie  was who really impressed me at the end of the day .   He does need to spend a few years down in Charlotte  to work on his game away from the puck   and  making smart decisions on the boards   but  where he excels  is  when he has the puck on his stick within shooting distance .     

Game  two   against the lightning and    Harvey is looking   a MILLION  time better than Helvig .    And Suzuki got himself a goal so far .   Looks like  the prospects are finally starting the game  on time  and it shows . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

27 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I don't know Harvey.  An invitee i guess?

Yes , From The huskies in the qmjhl .    he looked  bad  when trying to  kill penalties  but for the most  part he did a decent  of a enough job in net   through out the rest of the game .   

20 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Priskie scored again on a setup from Bean on the PP.

They are looking like they have chemistry building? Now that would be something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

They are looking like they have chemistry building? Now that would be something.

Priskie  is starting to become one of my favorite defense man right before my eyes .   

On 9/7/2019 at 11:39 PM, Canesfanforever said:

on maybe a few of those goals  but  not all 10  .  Helvig  is  not showing me anything for reasons to keep him around ! 

After some reflection, I am not so sure I feel so critical as I did after that 1st game Cff. I mean, think about it, 50% of our players were "invitees". Now not sure of the Caps composition, but how do you expect team cohesion when you've got hat many, and youngsters at that, who've never played together, much less know each others names? Now granted, I didn't watch in real time for very long, BUT obviously they did better yesterday. So, bottom line, I've still not written off Helvig.