The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Assistant GM Justin Williams ?

Im in the party  of believing that  last year was Williams last  year playing Hockey  and  well it sucks to think he wont be playing  anymore hockey for the Canes  it got me to thinking. 

What if  Justin Williams were to take a  tutelage  position  in learning under Don Waddell   the in's and out's of being a General Manager  for the Hurricanes   by becoming Assistant  General Manager  ?   If Justin Williams playing days are indeed over  ( which im hoping they are not )   Why not still give him a job  still within hockey  ?   

I've Noticed this last year  prior to him becoming the  captain  for the canes  that he had an eye  for talent  when  he was asked to speak to rookies  or prospects within the system  and it made me  sorta glance at the idea but i never brought it up until now .   We all know how much Brind'Amour Trusts   Williams  and we all know how much Dundon Trusts  Waddell and Brind'Amour   .   So  what do you all think of this idea ?  Yay ? Nay ?  please explain  what and why   if you are for it or against the idea of Williams becoming an Assistant General Manager for the Hurricanes if  the man is retiring .  

Sorry, can’t do the link thingy but there are two articles, one on Canes Country and on NHL.com basically saying that we should know soon about Williams.

It’s not much news but it sounds like we are starting to get to a point where we would like an answer out of professional courtesy. Williams has been talking to former players about pros and cons of retirement.

I'm one of those who don't think JW is going to play another year.  Seems that if he was coming back, he would have announced it before now.  It would be a draw for selling tickets.  He just had a McMansion built here and has stated that he doesn't like uprooting his kids and moving them around.  That said, I don't think he'll play for another team but will remain in the area.  I can see him accepting some type of position with the Canes, but in what capacity I have no idea.

Not sure why he might be qualified or have the knack for a AGM. Job Ain’t gunna matter. He’s gunna be playin.

• Like 1