The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

Pro contracts

I don’t care what sport it is. You sign a contract you honor it. Tired of Prima Donna players. You ain’t bigger than the team.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, cc said:

I don’t care what sport it is. You sign a contract you honor it. Tired of Prima Donna players. You ain’t bigger than the team.

I'd be willing to bet you are referring to Zeke with the Cowboys.  I used to feel the way you do, but NFL contracts are not guaranteed (unless they have it written in).  Seeing that a team can walk away from a contract any time they want to with no issues, I don't have a problem with the player doing the same thing.  It's tough as a fan, but the NFL uses up players (especially running backs) pretty quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

I'd be willing to bet you are referring to Zeke with the Cowboys.  I used to feel the way you do, but NFL contracts are not guaranteed (unless they have it written in).  Seeing that a team can walk away from a contract any time they want to with no issues, I don't have a problem with the player doing the same thing.  It's tough as a fan, but the NFL uses up players (especially running backs) pretty quickly.

It’s simple . Don’t sign. No one puts a gun to their head.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, cc said:

It’s simple . Don’t sign. No one puts a gun to their head.

He got his extension done.  All is well.

57 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

No way to tell until February.  We will see.  All is forgiven only if you win.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:13 AM, super_dave_1 said:

One thing I have to say in Zeke's favor (I'm not a Cowboys fan despite where I live, and I'm not much of an Ohio State fan since it's been 40+ years since I lived there) is he didn't say any stupid stuff like "I got to feed my family." He was quoted on Twitter as saying "Why did I want to be the highest-pair running back? Because I think I'm the best."