The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
realmdrakkar

Pierre McGuire removed from NBC's top NHL broadcast crew

Bouch is taking the top games with the top teams.

I guess we'll see Pierre in the one Canes game.

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Does anyone see any implication for John Forslund here? I certainly hope not!!!

Nah, McGuire was a between the benches analyst, not a play-by-play guy. 

25 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Does anyone see any implication for John Forslund here? I certainly hope not!!!

Well, since John is still not on the A+ play by play team, he may see more of Pierre than in the past.  Less or no work with Boucher.

John's on a fresh new contract, we may have the typical Shaya game here and there but at least it won't be all season.

Listening to an interview with John, I heard he got a one year contract. He was professional about it, but clearly wasn't thrilled with it. TD's off ice approach to non player personnel still makes me a bit jittery Chuck already gone. Best goalie performance in a long time, goalie coach gone, low balling GM's etc. I get TD wants control, but please don't mess with John.

I had Center Ice for a number of years. There were some good, entertaining announcers, and a few I thought were flat out awful. And I never heard one I would trade Forslund for. He’s the best. Period. Knowing that NBC will be sniffing around any year now, I’d have offered him as long a contract as he was willing to sign. I’m not sure the Canes make much money off of television, but unlike radio, and the situation with Chuck, tv is critical to keeping the team connected to its fan base. Just wondering, but won’t Seattle be needing a play-by-play guy in a year? 

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

I had Center Ice for a number of years. There were some good, entertaining announcers, and a few I thought were flat out awful. And I never heard one I would trade Forslund for. He’s the best. Period. Knowing that NBC will be sniffing around any year now, I’d have offered him as long a contract as he was willing to sign. I’m not sure the Canes make much money off of television, but unlike radio, and the situation with Chuck, tv is critical to keeping the team connected to its fan base. Just wondering, but won’t Seattle be needing a play-by-play guy in a year? 

I think the only way he would leave would he for a national job.