The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

Sept. 12: Training Camp opens

Training camp should be competitive. New players, Rooks looking to make it, This is a place to discuss training camp.

This camp should be intense. If we pick up Kase for Faulk, there is essentially no place for any prospect outside of one D slot (unless TVR isn't ready) that Fleury has the inside track on, and maybe a spot for Necas, though on paper, there isn't.  Mainly I see this as a chance to see the new guys try to gell with the team and coach and see if TVR is ready to go.

Yet there are a bevy of young prospects near or ready for the NHL (beyond Necas and Fleury): McKeown, Bean, Forsling, Forsberg, Priskie, Necas, possibly Gauthier, even Geekie. Any of whom (or someone else, Kuok, etc) could Foegele their way into contention. 

With Necas and Fleury having the inside tracks for any openings, this has to be one of, if not the hardest years to get on this team for a prospect. 

Rod now has a year under his belt too. Should be a very good camp. 

Oh, and despite years of let downs, I can't recall a year I've been more pumped for camp and felt better about this team heading into the year. And that includes all of the Islands of remkinian optimism of the past. This team is so deep I can't see the bottom. If we get goaltending, just ink us in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, remkin said:

Oh, and despite years of let downs, I can't recall a year I've been more pumped for camp and felt better about this team heading into the year. And that includes all of the Islands of remkinian optimism of the past. This team is so deep I can't see the bottom. If we get goaltending, just ink us in.

Almost sinful gluttony,eh?

58 minutes ago, Gump61 said:

When rosters and schedule?

Your wish is my command  😁

Hurricanes Announce Training Camp Schedule and Roster

The Hurricanes will skate in two groups during training camp, Team Pride and Team Passion. The team will open camp with four practice days before playing back-to-back exhibition games, visiting Tampa Bay on Sept. 17 then hosting the Lightning at PNC Arena on Sept. 18.

12 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I'll be going to as many practices as possible. Huge interest this year to see how it plays out.

Are all practices open to public by default?

Edited by Bonivan
Misprint

From Chip

9 minutes ago, remkin said:

No decisions on Captains until towards the end of camp or after. Thought that was a bit interesting.

End of camp make sense, a bit after I'm not so sure

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

End of camp make sense, a bit after I'm not so sure

I agree, I just added that part. He actually just said we're not focusing on that now, and will do it later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, remkin said:

Wonder why we might suddenly have a spot for another D man?

I understood from recent articles that TVR is not ready and Faulk trade talks resumed (surprisingly for me, at least).

Then, I guess, we might have a spot or two in the 3rd pairing + 7th defensman - so it's max 3 spots for: Fleury, Bean/Carrick/McKeown/Forsling and ???

What do you think?