The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

First period before first break. Not good. Canes yutes have the yips. Pucks bouncing off sticks, bad passes, terrible PP including 5-3, Kouk, Bean, with fans on pucks, Fleury with a bad clear out pass, but Claesson just shot himself in the food with a bad rushed pass turnover right in front of the net, but unlike the 2 Faulk did, the Cap guy buried it, beating Forsling off the far post. 0-1.

@JonKerfoot and I are at the Stars/SwampCats game in Tulsa...how bad did Goat’s hit into the board look?  

Sounds like we’re not going with our big guns at all tonight...that true?

Edited by AWACSooner

Goat laid a big hit, but then got tangled up in the other guy on the ice and into the boards. I think he cut his lip, but he's all smiles on the bench.

Ouch. These really young guys just seem not ready for this moment (and Claesson). Bad turn over by Gibbons, who looks overwhelmed, then Claesson again, turning it over on the rush. This guy has to be wishing he didn't get into this game. Forsberg not having a stellar outing either. 

So far, I can see why the Canes didn't want to stream this. One sided affair.

Goat does look good. Very smooth play past a D man and clever shot off of the crossbar.

• Like 1

Just now, slapshot02 said:

Goat hitting the cross bar?

That’s what it sounded like on the audio feed 

Yeah it was a sweet play, the kind he can make. Goat knocked the puck down through the D man's legs, kept skating, got around him and put a shot up top off the cross bar. If it had gone in, would have been a highlight reel goal.

• Like 1

Overall though, the scrubs look overmatched. Maybe they settle down a little. While the Caps carried the play, Canes did get a couple of chances but didn't execute. Shinkirik? had a wide open 2 on 1 develop with Gibbons and they both played it terribly. Mostly just lots of fans and misses, and rushed passes and just lots of not good. Maybe they settle down. 

I won't be able to comment on the second. Have to step away. 

So far the only real good IMO was that Goat did look good. Stock keeps rising. 

• Like 1

Goat with a nice breakway but couldn't convert. Overall first 10 min of the second, same story. Scrubs not up to the task. Necas almost making a couple of things happen, but thankfully this is our C team mostly. OK now gotta run.

For those who can’t watch, you’re not missing anything. Nobody looks good.

Necas does not look ready at all. Kouk looks to be the same listless player I remember. Cleason has had a train wreck of a game, directly responsible for both goals. Everyone else is invisible.

At least Wallmark and McGinn look ok. 

Edited by Kyrule

1 minute ago, Kyrule said:

For those who can’t watch, you’re not missing anything. Nobody looks good.

Goat 🐐 sounds like he’s having a decent game

It was only half of a period and he didn’t face any grade A chances. I was holding off until the end of the game but Reimer looks solid.

Gauthier looks ok, certainly better than Necas.

Actually this would be a 0-0 game if not for Cleason. 

I think Bean looks better than Fleury, and Fleury looks better than McKeown.

Gardiner has been fine. Cleason a disaster on ice. Forsling invisible.

• Like 1