The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

A recent article listed McKeown and Claesson as 2 of the three most intriguing players on the waiver wire, so even better that they cleared.

Sara posted: 

More

People taking this seriously are the reason I go to therapy

So I'm thinkin' Ehlers is Sara messing with us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Sara posted: 

More

People taking this seriously are the reason I go to therapy

So I'm thinkin' Ehlers is Sara messing with us.

I agree, but that would be a great deal for us! Makes more sense really than the Laine speculation, though not likely. Still, what a move it would be!

Faulk and other trade talk should go in the trade talk topic 

HERE

Edited by gocanes0506

I'm not sure but I don't see McKeown listed as sent to Charlotte. He cleared waivers but I wonder if he is still in camp

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I'm not sure but I don't see McKeown listed as sent to Charlotte. He cleared waivers but I wonder if he is still in camp

Thing is, if TVR isn't ready, unless we put Edmundson on his off-side, we are short a RHD. I would think we might go:

Slavin-Hamilton

Gardiner-Pesce

Fleury-McKeown

Edmundson 

And rotate Fleury and Edmundson. 

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

Thing is, if TVR isn't ready, unless we put Edmundson on his off-side, we are short a RHD. I would think we might go:

Slavin-Hamilton

Gardiner-Pesce

Fleury-McKeown

Edmundson 

I could also see us dropping a vet down to third pairing with McKeown and Fleury up, just to give Roland a steady Eddie while he adjusts. 

• Like 1

I heard a rumor from a coworker today who happens to know DW on a personal level that someone is seriously considering coming back to the team.

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I am by no means starting this rumor just repeating what I heard today while going up the stairs with this coworker...

Edited by bluedevil58

2 hours ago, remkin said:

Slavin-Hamilton

Gardiner-Pesce

Fleury-McKeown

Edmundson 

I have a topic for that already  . 

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

I heard a rumor from a coworker today who happens to know DW on a personal level that someone is seriously considering coming back to the team.

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I am by no means starting this rumor just repeating what I heard today while going up the stairs with this coworker...

Would be fine with me. But DW said today he thinks this is the team they will be icing.  Not a team with someone else being added in...

42 minutes ago, cane-addict-1 said:

But DW said today he thinks this is the team they will be icing.

Did he mean that they are going to add some icing to existing group?

McKeown cleared waivers but remains on the training camp roster.

Another prospect-heavy line up along with the new forwards.. Probably more cuts after this one. 

Interesting about McKeown. 

Most intrigue: Necas and Gauthier. 

Hopefully the yutes can look a little less over-matched than vs Washington.

21 minutes ago, remkin said:

Another prospect-heavy line up

I think we are looking as much at the development status of the prospects as we are at them actually making the team. Although for a select few I suspect this could be a make or break game.

Excited I get to see the two new guys, Suzuki, Necas, Geekie, Sellgren and Gauthier on the ice tonight.Hopefully Ned gets 40 minutes in the net.

Pretty close to, although better than, the lineup we put out vs Washington. Hopefully these guys bring that youthful energy rather than the disjointed mess that was the Washington game. Agree we are assessing yutes more for development except a few. Also, seems that vets generally only want 2-3 games. But the newer guys learning the system maybe one more.

52 minutes ago, OBXer said:

A Game Tonight. McKeown in the lineup.

This looks like a "make the roster or not" game for most of these guys.  Only four players from this group were thought to have roster spots when camped started (Nino, Dzingel, Haula, and Foegele).  Three of those are in their first Canes camp, and the fourth, Foegele, was a surprise coming out of last season's camp.

Not surprised McKeown is playing.  With the Faulk trade, the TVR situation, and the Priskie injury (does anyone know his status?), McKeown is currently 3rd on the RH D man pecking order.  The top 4 D men are set, and Edmundson will probably be the LH 3rd line defenseman, so until TVR is back the competition is on for that spot.

• Like 1

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Glad to see Haula’s back.  

What's the over/under on how many games he will play this season?  

2 minutes ago, beboplar said:

What's the over/under on how many games he will play this season?  

I’m happy if he hits 60.  

Now, how many more chances will Fleury get before he gets out on the trade block?