The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

31 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I’m happy if he hits 60.  

Now, how many more chances will Fleury get before he gets out on the trade block?

Fleury will be on the roster this season due to his contract status playing part time, and his performance will dictate his future with the club.  Edmundson is in the last year of his deal, so he is also in a "look/see" situation, as TVR was his first year here.  With Slavin and Gardner entrenched on the left side and Bean looking like a possible entrant next season, Fleury is starting to look more like a depth piece.

2 hours ago, beboplar said:

With Slavin and Gardner entrenched on the left side and Bean looking like a possible entrant next season, Fleury is starting to look more like a depth piece.

I see Fleury and Edmundson being dangled at the deadline if we have Bean and company doing decently.

I'm still seeing an up and down NHL experience for Bean. As alluded to in the other thread, Fleury needs to add more grit and snarl, at least early in his career. But I still think we need to get Fleury more games in a row before giving up on him. I like Edmundson's physicality, and apparently overall is game has been statistically sound, but so, ironically, has Fleury's. But Edmundson played his way into a healthy scratch for all but two playoff games and many important games down the stretch in St Louis. He really ran afoul of the coach.

I'm thinking Edmundson and Fleury both start the year fighting to stay out of the press box. If TVR isn't ready, both might play and Pesce go to his off side, while say McKeown sits some of the time.

It looks like we shall see Necas, Dzingel and Haula on a line tonight. The speed demon line. Also, if I'm not mistaken, we can actually SEE it on TV?

10 hours ago, OBXer said:

A Game Tonight. McKeown in the lineup.

Random musing:

They waived KcKeown really early, especially given TVRs injury and that there were hot irons in the fire with respect to a Faulk trade.  I've got to believe that McKeown was pushing for a 1-way contract.  I wonder if as part of the contract negotiations the Canes might have said something along the following lines:

If you go ahead and sign our 2-way contract now we'll try to trade you (almost assuredly to a team that will have an easier path to the NHL).  And if by chance that doesn't work out, we'll waive you as soon as possible so as to give you the best possible shot to catch on with a team that will use you in the NHL. 

Up side for McKeown: probably his best chance to get into the NHL fairly quickly

Up side for Canes: They get McKeown signed to a cheap 2-way contract.  Then, if noone takes either the trade  or waiver bait, Canes get to keep a RHD that I've got to believe still has promise, with another year to develop in Charlotte.

Wild speculation on my part.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, remkin said:

It looks like we shall see Necas, Dzingel and Haula on a line tonight. The speed demon line. Also, if I'm not mistaken, we can actually SEE it on TV?

Which has been a long time coming.....

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, AWACSooner said:

@JonKerfoot and I are at the Stars/SwampCats game in Tulsa...how bad did Goat’s hit into the board look?  

Sounds like we’re not going with our big guns at all tonight...that true?

Getting in here late - computer problems, now mostly solved.

@AWACSooner and his family are great folks, by the way. I figured we wouldn't meet up 'til we were in the arena - we had tickets in the same row of the same section - but as I was standing in the wrong line to get into the BOK Center (I should have gone to will-call first), a couple and a young lady walked up; the gentleman was wearing a Stars sweater and a Hurricanes cap, so I sorta figured that had to be him.

Forsberg starting tonight, with Haula centering the top line. Should be interesting, since the Preds have already cut down to 26 players....

Is there a delay in the start on TV? My TV lists it, but then says nothing scheduled when I go to it. I also paid for a month of NHL.TV which says it's blacked out because it's playing here. Hmmm. Circular.

OK, figured it out. They changed channels at the last minute. Good go go, check in after the period.

23 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yes it is

It sucks as do all their fans

Just now, cc said:

It sucks as do all their fans

Nowhere near as bad as Evil Empire fans

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Nowhere near as bad as Evil Empire fans

I beg to differ. At least they have an excuse. They live in an s hole town.

I can’t watch because dish has a dispute with fsports. Can’t even sign in to fox go.

Just now, cc said:

I can’t watch because dish has a dispute with fsports. Can’t even sign in to fox go.

I’m listening on the WRAL app

29 minutes ago, cc said:

Me too, and I didn't even realize it until just now.  This really sucks;  I can't even stream anything as there really isn't high speed internet available where I live.

Edited by LakeLivin

6 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Bean has two

turnovers? I am listening back and forth, and score is still 0:0. What's the problem with him?

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

Does Rod really have blonde tips in his hair now?  Wow.

Probably grey