The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

5 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

turnovers? I am listening back and forth, and score is still 0:0. What's the problem with him?

Two breakaways for Nashville are from him not covering his man.  Puck watching instead of seeing where the deepest opposition is.

• Like 1

That period was the period of Forsberg. He was really the only thing consistently good.

Goat probably next with a couple of strong plays. Necas had one sweet pass back that Dzingel couldn't bury, but otherwise mostly not connecting with things. Geekie and Foegele with nice 2 on1 that just missed. 

Bean and Fleury are each trying to outdo each other for a bus to Charlotte in that period. Foegele on the verge of good. 

Basically, let's not let Forsberg to on waivers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

if our new screen is like Bridgestone’s, holy poop.  It is awesome.

It is, and it is.

Bean isn’t having a good game.

sellgren’s play is good. He wont be a physical guy. He makes good plays and is very smart with his stick.  

We look like we should, a prospect group playing a veteran group 

• Like 1

I so desperately want to see Gauthier on the  Haula  Dzingle line and see what they can bring .   Cause Necas is  not playing  to great when he does not have the puck much .  I mostly see lots of standing around .   

Well I'm ready to see the regulars. 

News of the period: Dzingel. Hoping it's not as bad as it could be. If it is, do Necas and Gauthier both make the cut? Nice if we had Kase, but anyhoo....I'd add Forsberg to the news of that period.  He did give one up at the end, but he was hung out to dry and it was a top corner bullet shot. Forsberg really really looking good. Again, carry 3. Do not waive Forsberg. 

OK, Necas is not quite hitting on all cylinders, but his unique skill is perfect for today's hockey. It's all about cross ice passes. Look at the Pred's PP goal. Necas makes that pass too. I think he's close. 

Gauthier looks good too though. Nice power move almost scored this period. 

If Dzingel is out for the start, I'd keep Necas and Gauthier. Based only on last year, Brind'Amour might want only one major ice time rookie, but if the opening is there I'd keep them both. Necas will come around and Gauthier is showing it now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Its 90% non nhlers against 90% nhlers

Penalties are the same no matter your skill level...and they’re killing us 

Oh look, another penalty 

edit: wait what?  A matching call?

Edited by AWACSooner

Not tonight guys...penalties kill us.  2-0 Preds

Edited by AWACSooner