The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

2 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

What happened to Dzingel?

Knee injury right after the 2nd period draw. 

Went to the locker room right after.

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

I like how the over looked the cross check right in front of our bench.

A lot of these refs are working their first NHL level games...so I’m not expecting much in the way of being fair and objective 

If I’m Rod, I’m threatening to send the next guy down who commits a penalty...this is really pathetic 

Best period of the pre season for Necas. Goat should of taken the shot instead of trying to go to his back hand....but he is crashing the net. Preds now on their 5th power play. Forsberg going to need fluids after this one.

• Like 1

Tripp is even dogging Fleury a bit saying that it’s time for him to step up...

I've been unimpressed with Fleury.  What's his deal?  Are we expecting too much at his age and with him being a top 10 pick?

Edited by bluedevil58

Well, of all the four goalies we have, who do we trade?  One is probably gone either via trade or waiver claim.

Edited by AWACSooner

I wanna see our full veteran line ups for the next two games...

Edited by AWACSooner

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Goat and Necas will make the opening night roster 

I don't get to watch the games.  Looking at the box score, Necas skated for 15 minutes and took 0 shots.  This from a finesse player.  Am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Goat and Necas will make the opening night roster 

Not sure Necas is there yet.

• Like 1

Forsberg was really strong tonight. I'd love to know what the "expected goals" were against us tonight, but overall that was a strong performance. One goal flukey. One hung our to dry top corner bullet. Even not counting those, his save percentage was .925, and there were a lot of quality chances. 

I keep 3 goaltenders to see if Forsberg can keep this up. Ned goes down simply based on waivers. 

I think Goat has probably sealed the deal on his making the team. He was around a couple of chances on a night there were not a lot of them for us. That's 4 solid games. He'd have to spit the bit now IMO. 

So the question in my mind is whether Necas gets the call too. I say probably not if Dzingel is good to go. If we are down a scoring forward, well I posted it above, but I'd keep them both. Necas is not hitting his prime, but he rang the post, and laid one back to Dzingel that was a grade A chance. 

In the end, some other guys mades some nice plays here and there, but really, no one else stood out.

I like watching prospects in general, but I've had enough for this year. Lets get the real team out there.

9 minutes ago, beboplar said:

I don't get to watch the games.  Looking at the box score, Necas skated for 15 minutes and took 0 shots.  This from a finesse player.  Am I missing something?

The shot that rang off the post doesn't count as a shot on net. As mentioned above he made a very sweet pass back to Dzingel early, which Dzingle didn't finish. Very easily could have had 2 points on a night when no one got any. He also made a few other nice plays. He's a pass first guy too. I'm pretty sure he took a couple of other shots that didn't make it to the goalie. You can just see the way he's thinking the game and can disrupt things with his passing and skating. He drew a penalty too.

That said, and as a guy who still fully expects big things from Necas, Gauthier was at least as good again, possibly better, and as such is well ahead to this point IMO. If it comes down to one slot, I'd say Goat, though there are two preseason games still.

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

My top 4 tonight, Forsberg,Goat,Haula,Necas.

Agreed.

Forsberg was impressive.

This is the first time the  Necas/Gauthier battle came out a draw imo. Still, that also means that Gauthier is making me eat crow because he’s been consistent. I never doubted the tools but I said awhile ago that he needs some serious coaching. Apparently Velluci did his job and the light is coming on (I hope).

Maddening. What a difference a day makes. Fleury played well last game and was garbage tonight. Bean and McKeown didn’t look good either.

Forsling played ok defense but he is clueless once the puck is on his stick. Takes a simple shot or dump in and turns it over when there is a chance to generate offense. 

But as what was said above, the only thing I care about is the status of Dzingel.

Edited by Kyrule
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Not sure Necas is there yet.

Doesn’t matter if he’s there...he’s insurance on Dzingle

• Like 1